Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

So, a few days ago, it camed out a DCeased 2 preview from Tom Taylor, in the preview seemingly Cyborg is still alive despite being behaved by "zombie" Wonder Woman, and in the interviews Taylor says there will be pretty hard the search for the cure, if all this is true, this might be one of the most key roles Victor has currently, in alternate universe, but yet.

I mean Cyborg has come back from just being a head before, and in DCeased he did regrow his tongue, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s somehow still alive in some capacity. The problem I see is getting to him when the planet is covered in zombies, both regular and super, and he fell down a hole.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Wow Jinx got y'all heated, I appreciate the passion although I just wish the character was used more. As as appearance goes I like this design

Or this by Cho
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Wow Jinx got y'all heated, I appreciate the passion although I just wish the character was used more. As as appearance goes I like this design

Or this by Cho
    Of the two I like the first one the best. For some reason the second one feels off to me. Might be that the first one is in YJ's art style.
    Last edited by Ironmonk; 03-13-2020 at 03:34 PM.

BANNED

I honestly will say the same than always: love the cartoon one, looks better, a solid personality. I love the second one!

You know I don’t expect Victor to rejoin the titans, he doesn’t have to after making it with the Justice League, but honestly I’m just waiting for the day where Victor remembers his friends and can be seen alongside the Titans again. I saw Travis Moore’s amazing Nightwing page spread with his memories and there was the New Teen Titans team, except for Victor and it was kind of sad to see. Like Victor is the last missing piece of the puzzle of titans history.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It's a damn shame the way his history was gutted. Hopefully his connection to his friends can be retconned back in someday. Even the JL vs. TT movie having it so that Vic is a Justice League member but gets along better with the Titans because they're closer in age was a decent compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It's a damn shame the way his history was gutted. Hopefully his connection to his friends can be retconned back in someday. Even the JL vs. TT movie having it so that Vic is a Justice League member but gets along better with the Titans because they're closer in age was a decent compromise.
    I mean the odd thing is they’ve definitely made reference to that era in his life and there is some art work with him and the titans, such as Wally West in both Flash war and the Generations Zero cover, so it’s there and DC is aware of it. Honestly I’m just waiting for that big splash cover page where he remembers his pre-Justice League life. Of course much like that movie I assume that’s gonna make it awkward with the Justice League who he’s said are his friends as well, though you can have more then one group of friends.
    Words to live by.

In another point, because I don’t want an appreciation thread to be a downer of the complications of continuity, anyone else think Cyborg should just have the natural ability to shift his armor? I’m not talking his human form, which he either shifts to or it’s a really advanced hologram, but just his regular metal self.

Like I feel that since he’s changed so much lately that he should have the ability to go from the sleeveless DCyou/Doom Patrol show look(which is a great look) to the Rebirth full body armor. Like how he can change his hand into a canon he should change his armor to go from sleek mode to armor mode.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I’m counting on Generations giving him his friendships and relationships with the Titans back. Much as I may defend the New 52, the one part of the DCU I do think it totally screwed over was the Titans. Cyborg should not be on that team and I hope he doesn’t ever go back, but I do want him to have the connections and history.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m counting on Generations giving him his friendships and relationships with the Titans back. Much as I may defend the New 52, the one part of the DCU I do think it totally screwed over was the Titans. Cyborg should not be on that team and I hope he doesn’t ever go back, but I do want him to have the connections and history.
    Yeah, if they're expanding the timeline, there's no real reason not to continue denying he was a member or has ties to the Titans other then to just continue being obtuse about it.

Mighty Member

I‘m starting to think Cyborg being under Darkseid‘s influence will stick. I mean i love Abnett but sheesh. He probably has no interest in the character.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

So, if they don't actually make the effort to include him in that lore, what's the point? And honestly, it would have still seemed weird if they had. Again, the New Gods stuff just takes away from his uniqueness and makes him yet another character who is linked with the New Gods.

Plus, Vic just works better as a member of the Titans. There's no shame in that.

I enjoyed Cyborg being in the Justice League and his link to the new gods. Dont see whats so bad about Cyborg getting an upgrade to the League, would the same thing be said of Wally or Dick Grayson etc....

I don't believe Vic/Cyborg work better as a titan. He always looked overpowered and off to me, on the team. He is a character who is not anyone's sidekick being lumped in with everyone's sidekick. He has more potential than that, always had.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    I enjoyed Cyborg being in the Justice League and his link to the new gods. Dont see whats so bad about Cyborg getting an upgrade to the League, would the same thing be said of Wally or Dick Grayson etc....

I don't believe Vic/Cyborg work better as a titan. He always looked overpowered and off to me, on the team. He is a character who is not anyone's sidekick being lumped in with everyone's sidekick. He has more potential than that, always had.
    If Cyborg looks off anywhere, it's the Justice League. You have the cream of the crop of DC's heroes, with their own extensive histories as characters that can stand on their own, with their own mythologies, and then there's this black robot guy missing his face who looks better suited to Doom Patrol, who has no mythology of his own, and, at the time of his joining the League, little to no history as a lead character. Solo series were tried with him, but there was hardly any interest from the audience in that.

When looking at it broadly and with hindsight (though I didn't need hindsight to see this) being on the Justice League hurt Cyborg and made a fool of the character, highlighting all his inadequecies when compares with his peers.

A961D271-90F7-4502-86D3-C6C7B2B3F198.jpg

https://twitter.com/jimlee/status/12...481070593?s=21
    Cool Cyborg drawing from Lee.

I can’t agree at all that being on the JL “hurt” Cyborg. Maybe if DC has taken some aspects of the cartoon’s characterization or his look and gave them to Cyborg you could argue he would be better off in the Titans, but the idea he would’ve fared better on the Titans during the New 52 or even up to now is outright laughable. Look what happened to Dick, Wally, Tim, Donna, all these Titans icons. The previous regime disliked the Titans intensely and Cyborg would’ve been an easy target for them to off for “stakes”. On the JL he was under-served but he was safe from being written by the likes of Lobdell.