Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborguy View Post
    Couple random Cyborg doodles I did. I have books filled with stories I've written and chars I designed if I ever get the chance to work on Vic lol

Attachment 100712Attachment 100711
    These are dope I like what you did with the legs and I like that you kept the arms exposed.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Shout-out to Lemon peace because I stole this idea from him but if you were making a Cyborg family like the Flash family or Batman family who would you recruit? 7 characters minimum.

Also what city would you put him in?

Silas Stone
    Sarah Charles (love interest)
    Rampage (recon her past and have her be a colleague and friend of Vic's mom before the accident)
    Vibe (Vic's best friend and a mixture of the Nu52 and CW version)
    Xenephon Clark
    Jinx (Vic's Catwoman/Black cat)
    Calculators Kids Wendy and Marvin (interns at Star Labs and friends of Xenephon)
    Smokey (Vic's pet cat)

As for his city I'd put him in Detroit or a made up DC equivalent of Detroit.
    Last edited by 9th.; 09-21-2020 at 11:59 PM.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Shout-out to Lemon peace because I stole this idea from him but if you were making a Cyborg family like the Flash family or Batman family who would you recruit? 7 characters minimum.

Silas Stone
    Rampage (recon her past and have her be a colleague and friend of Vic's mom before the accident)
    Xenephon Clark
    Calculators Kids Wendy and Marvin (interns at Star Labs and friends of Xenephon)
    Smokey (Vic's pet cat)

I think I'd prefer if Vic moved down south or out west to some fictional city. It'd be where his mom came from so you have a built in "discover your roots" subplot to play into and explore him and his mother. Jump City has the recognizability because it's from the cartoons and close to where the Titans are since they tend to be on the West Coast. Plus with his Boom Tube tech Vic would still be able to interact with the League wherever needed. Maybe have Jump be a new cutting edge city populated by tech firms looking to make it the next Silicon Valley or something. Lots of seedy cyberpunk stuff to play with as well.

Vic's supporting cast I think needs to reflect the niche he has in the superhero community. I think we can mostly agree one of the best depictions of him is the Flashpoint Universe where he was a bigshot government tech hero so I'd try and recreate that but lean more into his original mythos.

Vic's job is to protect the world from threats originating in the Digital Universe, a collective mindspace of civilizations across space-time which have undergone a successful singularity and ascended to a higher order of existence. A mélange of lost alien civilizations, dark horrors, and thriving dream-like cities, it underpins all digital technology in the physical universe and was first explored by the New Gods after their defeat of the Old Gods.

Ascension into the Digital Universe is a complicated and potentially civilization-collapsing process and Cyborg's job is to make sure humanity undergoes its technological development in a way that prevents them from destroying itself or the Digital Universe altogether. He becomes a bit like Shadowman from Valiant Comics, basically a border patrolman between the world of the living and the world of the dead.

Cy protects humanity from the predations of the DU and defends the DU from exploitation by humans, whether it be corporations, supervillains, gods of knowledge, aliens, the military, cults, etc. It's a balancing act that he has to do with a full understanding that humanity will inevitably "ascend".

After his time with the Titans and his reconciliation with his dad, he moves out west with Sarah as a government-sponsored hero and security consultant, specializing in high-octane cybernetic threats and strike force operations in the Digital Universe and space. His integration with a mother box gives him certain respect amongst aliens aware of the New Gods so I'd lean into this idea of him as the ultimate representation of humanity. A man fused with human nanotech and godly realitytech.

Cast:
    Silas Stone: He works better like an emotionally distant, but caring father. Trapped between being a moral, good father for his son and a cold genius for the defense of humanity against digital/extraterrestrial threats, he has close, but tense relations with Vic. Based in Detroit.

Sarah: The main love interest. With her Titans connections restored too, she's seen a lot in her day and is a close friend of Bumblebee, her college friend and friendly rival at Palmer Industries. She's grown apart from her family (rivals to the Stones) and she's running the main STAR research facility in Jump that backs Vic's adventures. A PR mastermind and Vic's personal nurse/engineer, she's one of the brightest minds on Earth.

Exxy: Completely retooled as a former tech thief Cy meets when he was working in Detroit. Goes off the grid for a bit and when Vic pops up in Jump Exxy's already established himself as solo merc working for the city's cyber-crime/metahuman response division. He's bulked up and is a bit more mature, with burgeoning "mechahuman" abilities. Eventually levels up to join the US military and becomes one of Cy's most important field commanders when in space/the DU.

Tonya Charles: Slightly younger sister of Sarah, an experiment gone wrong causes her to get cybernetic enhancements she uses to do black market mercenary work across the globe. After getting defeated by Vic she works outside STAR and the government's authority but still helps out where needed. She and Exxy got the underworld connections (body shops, illegal tech expos, etc.) Could also provide a tie to the Wonder Woman mythos.

Protégé: Not creative enough to think of a name or particular backstory but this needs to happen at some point as it kinda solidifies a hero's impact to have a legacy. I like the idea of this being a cousin of his or maybe a fan. I really dislike legacies with duplicate powers so while they'd have some degree of technopathy I'd give them a distinct powerset. Let's Vic show off his leadership/ability to help next gen heroes.

Blue's "Brother": Have no idea what to call him, but like Blue from Detroit, this guy would be a mentor of sorts to Vic. An ancient, god-like being confined to human form who helps him understand the mysteries behind his mother box (which is unlike any other due to being mixed with organic material and human tech) and the DU as a whole.

Bumblebee: Former Titan friend and one of the smartest people Vic knows, she's a close friend of Sarah and works at rival tech firm Palmer Industries. Lives in Jump with Mal but has mostly given up hero work to focus on their child and her career.

Beast Boy: Vic's best friend outside Exxy. Built a successful social media career that has since blossomed into several acting gigs he's used to become a major advocate against meta trafficking and lost kids. Based in San Francisco with the other Titans, where he serves as a mentor, but often makes visits to Vic and Bumblebee.

Red Tornado: A fellow Leaguer based in Jump City, an ultra-powerful android with unexplored ties to the DU and space for Vic to bounce off of. Also works closely with the military and Vic's best friend on the League alongside Shazam.

Calculator's Kids: Interns at STAR Labs working closely under Sarah. Close friends with Vic's protégé and older siblings to Bumblebee and Mal's kid when he/she starts growing up.

Other Allies:
    Forever People (friends for New God-centric stories)
    Metal Men (their creator is a consultant for STAR)
    Mr. Terrific's T-Council (both Vic, Silas, and Karen are members)
    Friends from his old life as a high school football star
    Last edited by chief12d; 09-22-2020 at 10:16 AM.

Silas Stone
    Xenephon Clark
    Smokey (Vic's pet cat)

Those are good ideas for those characters to be members of Cyborg's Family. I would not find Detroit as his base of operations but I would like to see Jump City from the Teen Titans 2003 animated series being integrated into the comics.

Although they are part of the New Gods family, I would like to see the Forever People interacting with Cyborg.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Teen Titans the OG animated series remains one of if not the best iteration of the character imo; Doom Patrol is a pretty compelling take on the character as well. I think David F. Walker (despite editorial interference) was doing something really interesting with Vic and I really wish we could've seen him vision fully realized like Priest and Lobdell got to do with Deathstroke and Red Hood respectively.
    As always, I feel compelled to include John Semper Jr. for his Rebirth run. Like David F. Walker, Semper Jr. also made pains to leave his mark and give Vic the things an awesome solo hero who's a League member should have developed around themselves (a community and family of their own), and he did this by introducing a majority of Black people, including some of the villains, which was boss. Mad respect for him, since it seems sometimes I'm the only one willing to recognize how good his work was. Especially, again, since he seemed to suffer from similar editorial shenanigans that Walker did during the latter's Cyborg run.

Silas Stone
    Xenephon Clark
    Smokey (Vic's pet cat)

Shoutout received and appreciated With Cyborg I would actually build up Cyborg's mythology then sorta merge and recruit Cyborg into the Terrifics and build him up with that family. Cyborg has so much potential if had the space to be more than a mopey broken tank-man, and with his father already part of the Terrific council, having him be part of their fun scifi niche they've carved out for themselves. I think The Terrific's make a great case for Mr. Terrific being the top intellectual in the DC universe (Batman and Lex can blow me :-p) and i think him and Cyborg could synergize in such a way that would strengthen their images as two of the smart beings in the universe. The Terrifics/Terrific Family can be the DC universe's smartest and most scifi/tech-heavy family.

so here's how I'd spin it

The Terrifics end with Mr. Terrific establishing Terrific Island, so what I would do is reveal that Terrific Island is off the coast of a city called "Motor City" that Mr. Terrific bought. I say Motor City because I envision it as an amalgalm of Metal City (the city from Teen Titans where Cyborg led Titans East) and Detroit (his hometown). So Motor City is the residential and urban area where people live and where crime is fought, while Terrific Island is where Mr. Terrific meets with the greatest minds and the future greatest minds to developed technology to help people. This is where Cyborg comes in since his body and brain are merged with the most powerful computer in the multiverse, they recognize that Cyborg could potentially become the smartest man to ever live if he harness that power. So over time I would have him grow to become like the Nightwing to Mr. Terrific, have Mr Terrific basically be his mentor and passes on all his tricks to Vic as his greatest investment into the future; since I don't see Micael being the type to want to have kids himself. This way the Terrifics become his family and they both bounce off each other, if his book gets got then he can pop up in the Terrifics or in a Mr. Terrific solo and vice versa, so the brand perpetuates itself. plus, his largely muted color scheme fits perfectly with the black and white of the Terrifics' uniforms and it gives us a reason to use the T-car and the T-sub and (as his homebase) HIS TITANS EAST TOWER

So the Terrific Family in relation to Cybrog would look like this

core family:

Mister Terrific
    Mrs. Terrific (I'd bring her back from wherever she went off to after becoming an angel)
    Cyborg
    Phantom Girl
    Plastic-Man
    Metamorpho

Cyborg's cast in Motor City:
    Silas Stone - i want to continuing the comradery they were building in Walker's run

Vibe - i like the idea of Vibe taking over the best friend role Beast Boy had with him in the animated series. I also like that they have a connection since their powers both originate from mother box technology.

Blue Beetle - Another close friend candidate, I like that they can relate to each other since they both have tech merged to their person and Jaime could be like Vic's partner/little brother. Also, Jaime is linked to the Terrifics already so that strengthens Cyborg's place in the family dynamic as well.

Shay Veritas - I like the idea of her being Vic's Catwoman/Black cat; but a cougar. Shay definitely strikes me as the type to be attracted to Vic because of his otherworldy tech. plus, i don't think the older woman + younger man dynamic happens too often in comics and I feel Vic can be mature enough to handle an older woman. maybe a running gag can be she keeps looping him into crazy situations to test his stuff.

Natasha Irons - I think we can keep John Henry Irons as the Superman adjacent family member and pouch Natasha as part of Vic's cast and maybe even have her be a full-on Terrifics family member. I'm a bit hesitant making her a part of the Terrifics because i don't want people thinking "let's just throw the blacks in with the blacks" but I just think it fits. regardless, i think Vic needs a strong non-romantic female ally on his level in his cast.

Smokey - Vic's pet cat

New Gods - I don't know how yet but I want to figure out how to bring more New Gods into Vic's cast.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-23-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

I really like idea of positioning Mister Terrific as a mentor of sorts to Vic. We know that he was offered the chance to intern with Silas but rejected due to the latter's grey morality. I could definitely see him taking a unique interest in Vic's development to help steer him in a less jaded direction on top of his cybernetic potential. It's kinda like Zatanna finally taking an interest in Raven or Animal Man stepping up as an older brother to Beast Boy.

And leaning into the T-Council makes a lot of sense for Vic. He's often seen as the Hephaestus of the Titans/League and seeing him link up with other big brains would be cool. Personally I'd lean into the solo military/digital god-guardian aspect but I'd love to see how him and Blue Beetle get along.

I kind of feel like Cyborg and Steel would go well together.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    As always, I feel compelled to include John Semper Jr. for his Rebirth run. Like David F. Walker, Semper Jr. also made pains to leave his mark and give Vic the things an awesome solo hero who's a League member should have developed around themselves (a community and family of their own), and he did this by introducing a majority of Black people, including some of the villains, which was boss. Mad respect for him, since it seems sometimes I'm the only one willing to recognize how good his work was. Especially, again, since he seemed to suffer from similar editorial shenanigans that Walker did during the latter's Cyborg run.
    Semper Jr is a veteran who has written Cyborg (superfriends), Static (Static Shock) and Peter Parker (SPider-Man) on tv shows.

Like McDuffie-if there is someone who knows what to do it would have been him. He has helped world build before.

It's not that folks don't recognize his work-it's the fact the same editor that derailed Walker (and Static Shock) was on the book.

Remember that book was doing fine until issue 7. Because something was going at Marvel at the time with Falcon, Miles, Cage, Mosaic and so on. Along with the formation of a push back to POC in certain books.

Semper was in a no win situation. If Semper was doing the book at the start of New 52-we might have seen a different story.

Stone industries/Stone tech ( think like Parker Industries/Parker Tech like they did at Marvel) or Stark Industries

Vic - Owner/Chairman /CEO of his on tech company. Stone industries/Stone tech. Stone tech primary goals would monitor potential harmful or evil tech, helping other heroes gain complete control over there powers also while balancing rest of the life. Developing prosthetics for civilians and heroes & other specializes products for civilians and heroes who are effected negatively by superhero/ super villain battles

Bumblebee - Who is not retired but is a Super genius, superhero , who happy married, mother and with being along Co-COO of Stone Tech this hey serial fiction no reason to bench/limit these characters. Like that. Karen is Vic overall Best friend/would have a sister/brother type rship.

Herald/Vox - Who is not retired but is a super-powered superhero , who happy married, father & famous musician. Mal would be in a big brother role /older best friend role to Vic. Vic would view Mal/Karen marriage as goals he aspires to have.

Sarah C - the Oracle & other Co- Coo of Stone Tech, she Vic on/off again relationship. Non less some he trust the most. She’d serve as a main human non-powered Element of the series.

Smokey the Cat

That’s my core 4 + the Cat

Beast Boy - Vic view last best/closet friend. they have a younger/big brother are ship. Vic would be able be show a less serious side with BB & etc.
    BB wouldn’t be a Main cast member but pop in/out.

Jinx - as Black Cat/Cat women type, she currently trying to reform becomes a hero/ain’t hero. She & Vic have dated in past & currently have I’m more of a casual FwB rship. All of Vic core friend feel she bad for Vic other BB lol.

Vibe - definitely mixing the of the Nu52 & CW, young
    super powered genius/ super genius that Vic mentors giving their powers come from the same place.

Element Woman/Emily Sung - the last of Vic 3 love interests, starts off having a more onesided crush on Vic but he growing to like her aswell. Wants help Vic with Stone tech because she respect what he doing & in a effort to grain compete control of her powers or their removal. Wants the ability to look/feel human again.

Wendy, Marvin & Wonder Dog (interns at Stone Tech ) they wouldn’t be related would be dated. Marvin would be the Calculator son & Wendy would be Professor Ivo daughter. What is the Doggo would be be genetically engineered super dog that Marvin & Wendy create which earns them there jobs at Stone Tech

I’d also use Blue Beetle, The Forever ppl LeTonya Charles, Roni Evers ( who would be Ron Evers twin sister) & Vic pops..

Amazing Member

When it comes to Cyborg´s home, while i don´t have a problem with him having a room available in titans tower or in the justice league hall, I have to say I really liked that his actual home during the judas contract was in the downtrodden neighborhood his grandparents lived in. His reasoning that leaving to a better and more glamorous place would be akin to abandoning his roots and the people who needed him, even though he could easily afford it, makes plenty of sense considering his desire to hold on to his humanity and father abandonment issues, which are relevant even today.

cyborgs home.jpg

As for Cyborg´s antagonists, i would suggest two main themes:

One, a villain that takes advantage of complex systems for his own purposes, using apparently simple things for catastrophic results - think of the effect the change in control system had on the 737 max. This plays with Cyborg´s fear of something going wrong with his own body, which he doesn´t fully understand... And confronting this person would be more about trying to figure out what he did, how he did it, and what he is planning next and how it can be prevented (something other than my technology overpowers yours, please).

Two, a group of people who embrace technology and want to become/already are cyborgs themselves, believing regular humans are obsolete and are necessarily inferior. They would argue for example that superheroes are not sufficient, that many deaths would be prevented if regular people were upgraded and that cyborgs example was an inspiration to them (just to twist the knife further). They don´t have to be particularly strong individually, just being dangerous in a group and considerably influential would make them suitably threatening.

If I don´t name specific villains, it´s because i reckon either something like this already exists and has been left forgotten, or maybe it would be better to create new characters.
    Last edited by lgcruz; 09-22-2020 at 02:34 PM. Reason: adding a picture for an example

These are dope I like what you did with the legs and I like that you kept the arms exposed.
    Thank you, I'm a proponent of Victor showing skin. One is Vic entering the Cyberverse and the other is just a redesign lol.

As for his city I'd put him in Detroit or a made up
    In my version I have:

Silas
    Sarah
    Tom Morrow
    Exxy
    Vibe straight from Nu52
    Black Narcissus (Donna Morris) from the Semper run
    A new superhero OC

Would eventually add Karen and Mal as a result to the lineup.

Ideally I'd like Jump City to be Vic's home and I'd have a story where the Detroit STAR Labs crew and Vic move there, or just set it there from the start. But in the event that doesn't happen, I would just have Detroit becoming a new place for tech as a response to Cyborg becoming known as the city's hero. And that new superhero character i mentioned would be from Jump City, he moves to Detroit because his job at one of the unnamed tech companies forced him to relocate.

I don't mind Detroit as Vic's city but it feels pretty.....niche. Like, yes of course the bionic man lives in Detroit because gears and machines and cars and stuff. It's not a *bad* idea or anything, and there's a lot of history and current issues there that you could mine for story ideas (not necessarily social commentary, just inspiration). But it's just so on the nose, yknow? I had the same problem with all of Vic's villains being tech based. Yeah, that's Vic's thing and his villains should reflect that, but *every* bad guy? Way too much. Where was the variety?

I like the idea of Vic living in Jump City. The comic version of Cyborg could do with a little fun and humor and living in the cartoon's city might help writers keep in mind that Vic has more emotional range than "mopey-sad-angry-self loathing." And this would give writers the chance to build the city around Vic, to give it its own mythos and attractions, problems and high points, etc.

As for supporting cast, I think you pretty much *have* to run with Silas, Sarah, and Beast Boy. Even if Gar and Vic are no longer on the same team, they've got one of the best bromances in comics and Vic's character is less than he should be without that friendship. These three are who I see as the core of Vic's supporting cast; his Lois/Jimmy/Perry.

Honestly I think the biggest question isn't necessarily who is in the book, but the "why" and "where" of it. Does Vic work primarily with STAR Labs, helping them with their research and providing security when things go wrong? Is he a sanctioned officer of the law, ala Flashpoint? Is he traveling the cosmic highways as a demigod of New Genesis? Figure that out and the rest falls in place easily.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As for New God characters I'd revamp Forager since he recently had a showing in YJ or the Forever People. Not sure what direction I'd go for that type of story though. I haven't thought of a creative way for Vic to explore that side of him yet. I have added Deesad to his rogues gallery since he feeds of misery.