Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    A question for Cyborg fans, with whom super heroine/ villain/ civil/ vigilante do you ship him?
    I wouldn't say I "ship" them, but it would be interesting if he had a thing with Zatanna for instance. I find the magic + technology thing to be a rather compelling match.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

David F. Walker's run was pretty underrated. Lots of cool stuff, there.

A question for Cyborg fans, with whom super heroine/ villain/ civil/ vigilante do you ship him?
    I would actually like to see him with Jinx like in the Teen Titans cartoon. The mix of tech and magic is a fun dynamic. Plus she would be like his version of Catwoman as she’s a villain. Though I was never a fan of her comic book design. I much prefer the goth girl look she has on the show.

I don't really want to see Vic with any enhanced/super person. Vic doesn't have a regular person type day job, most of his friends are heroes (and most of those are aliens, metas, mages, etc), even using STAR Labs as a setting is only surrounding Vic with "normal people" to the extent that the world's leading researchers and scientists are "normal people."

So the only girl for Vic, in my opinion, is Sara Charles. She's a little slice of normal life in Vic's otherwise fantastic existence. A Lois to compliment his Superman and help highlight both the contrasts and similarities.

That said, I do 100000% support the idea of Jinx being Vic's femme fatale; the villain who is as alluring as she is dangerous. You've got that "star crossed" thing on several levels; hero-villain, tech-magic, etc.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would actually like to see him with Jinx like in the Teen Titans cartoon. The mix of tech and magic is a fun dynamic. Plus she would be like his version of Catwoman as she’s a villain. Though I was never a fan of her comic book design. I much prefer the goth girl look she has on the show.
    I don't think anyone's found Jinx as memorable as she was in the cartoon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The cartoon actually gave Jinx and the rest of the Fearsome Five personalities. Their comic versions are really bland.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    True, but easily remedied with a little effort and quality writing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I don't really want to see Vic with any enhanced/super person. Vic doesn't have a regular person type day job, most of his friends are heroes (and most of those are aliens, metas, mages, etc), even using STAR Labs as a setting is only surrounding Vic with "normal people" to the extent that the world's leading researchers and scientists are "normal people."

So the only girl for Vic, in my opinion, is Sara Charles. She's a little slice of normal life in Vic's otherwise fantastic existence. A Lois to compliment his Superman and help highlight both the contrasts and similarities.

That said, I do 100000% support the idea of Jinx being Vic's femme fatale; the villain who is as alluring as she is dangerous. You've got that "star crossed" thing on several levels; hero-villain, tech-magic, etc.
    Agreed. The only woman I want to see him with is Sara.

BANNED

Some of the recent discussions are a good example why I still, to this day, have difficulty understanding the psychology of many a Cyborg fan. I'm pointing it out with this character because I honestly don't think I've ever seen something like this with any other character.

What I'm talking about is when his fans are like, "Well, I don't like any of Cyborg's stories. A good Cyborg story hasn't been written yet. Yeah, I also don't like his design, either. By the way, Cyborg is my favorite character." And I'm sitting here like o____O

It's like there's an admittance, in a way, that this character is...well...not good, but the people who will admit that have some attraction to him. The expected answer is "the potential." You've got to understand, though, "the potential" is fanfiction...or not even that...headcanons...and maybe not even that, just hazy ideas thrown back and forth among fans on the net. The character is really only what DC makes of it.

Well, whatever the case is, it's a pretty interesting phenomenon.

BANNED

And still no one remembers Sarah Simms... I know Cyborg and Sarah friendzoned each other, but still

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Some of the recent discussions are a good example why I still, to this day, have difficulty understanding the psychology of many a Cyborg fan. I'm pointing it out with this character because I honestly don't think I've ever seen something like this with any other character.

What I'm talking about is when his fans are like, "Well, I don't like any of Cyborg's stories. A good Cyborg story hasn't been written yet. Yeah, I also don't like his design, either. By the way, Cyborg is my favorite character." And I'm sitting here like o____O

It's like there's an admittance, in a way, that this character is...well...not good, but the people who will admit that have some attraction to him. The expected answer is "the potential." You've got to understand, though, "the potential" is fanfiction...or not even that...headcanons...and maybe not even that, just hazy ideas thrown back and forth among fans on the net. The character is really only what DC makes of it.

Well, whatever the case is, it's a pretty interesting phenomenon.
    I'm pretty sure everyone here is in consensus in him not being utilized well in the comics sans a handful of stories. Like the Walker run. But I'm also sure everyone here recognizes how well he works in outside media where he's not held back by status quo of comic writers and editors. We are all fans from seeing how great he is in the other, properties that aren't comics. A character not being written well in only one form of media as opposed to others is not indicative of them being a bad character. It's more indicative of bad writers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonk View Post
    I'm pretty sure everyone here is in consensus in him not being utilized well in the comics sans a handful of stories. Like the Walker run. But I'm also sure everyone here recognizes how well he works in outside media where he's not held back by status quo of comic writers and editors. We are all fans from seeing how great he is in the other, properties that aren't comics. A character not being written well in only one form of media as opposed to others is not indicative of them being a bad character. It's more indicative of bad writers.
    In other media, Cyborg is always on some team and doesn't have to exclusively carry the show. By himself, he doesn't have a lot to work with that's actually worthwhile. The true test of creativity for these writers is when they actually have to develop stuff from scratch and make it compelling, and one reason Cyborg's exclusive stories haven't been good is because the writers that had to do this weren't up to the task it seems.

Furthermore, Cyborg's most praised appearances have been on teams that he's conceptually well suited for (i.e. not the Justice League).

Those are likely two gigantic reasons why he has worked better in some other media than he has in comics relatively recently.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 01-11-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Would have been nice if they didn't whitewash her.

And still no one remembers Sarah Simms... I know Cyborg and Sarah friendzoned each other, but still
    Why did Marv Wolfman give both of Vic's love interests the same first name anyway?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Still it bothers me Sarah Simms never really get into a relationship with Cyborg, despite at first their affection was clearly mutual but suddenly died from Simms´ side. She deserves a chance, about Charles, not so interested really. Simms to me is a lot more interesting than Charles will ever be.