Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The Mandarin for Iron Man is one that sticks out for me, I guess Dracula against the X-men is another that stands out. For Cyborg get so focused on the comparison/mirror types for him.That forgot about contrasting types and Cyborg versus Magic and supernatural is interesting. Cyborg versus simple street thugs or organized crime could be interesting.
    I would not mind seeing Cyborg having street-level stories it could serve him an entry facing street gangs, an underground organization selling alien technology or meeting people with lost limbs and giving them free prosthetics.

I would like to see Cyborg being in a forest and his cybernetics are somehow not working properly so he needed to rely on strategy to take out his opponents. A hunter like Sportsmaster would act as the predator by using various tools such as a crossbow and placing hidden traps which oppose to Cyborg's reliant on augmented technology so he needs to showcase his intellect which has not been shown a lot, he should be one of the smartest beings on Earth.

Another idea was to give Cyborg an arc similar to Doctor Stranger's Last Days of Magic. Where science is dominating and evolving fast and everyone is using technologies whether it is for their everyday lives or discovery. The higher-ups of the magical hierarchy (maybe Lords of Order and Chaos? Old Gods? A secret council of magic? ) realizing that in the future magic itself will start to become irrelevant in the cosmos since everyone will be relying on science and technology rather than faith and miracles, and the magical hierarchy sees Cyborg as the pinnacle example of science dominating magic and they cannot allow magic to disappear so they need to get rid of him.

It’s quite telling that there’s no concrete information on what Cyborg’s makeup is.

We go from the big metal tank he was beginning of the New 52 to being “de-Grid” and seeing that he’s just a torso. He’s then streamlined and it was unclear how much of him was him.

Then, much later we finally get some progress with Walker/Reis Cyborg solo where his design is updated to the modern age of technology. It was based on nanotechnology which allowed him to change his appearance (as such advanced comic book alien technology would). For some inexplicable reason it was promptly cast aside and reverted back to the earlier post-Grid look, yet somehow maintaining the ability to shift his appearance.

Followed by a Priest written Justice League arc where he has an entirely different look than we’d ever seen before where he used projection to change his appearance.

Speed forward to JL Odyssey to a new look that was previewed. One where he wore clothing over his “new” naked metal body but then that never came to fruition.

Why is there no consistency to this character? Why don’t we know what he is after all this time that he’s been in the so-called spotlight?

Is he merely bionic/mechanical or is he living technology/singularity? Is nanotechnology involved anymore? Is he still bat-hackable even though he’s Apokoliptian tech?

#####

Edit: I guess this answers why there’s been no honest exploration of this character.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/blac...-faced-2020-10

Oh well. I’ll just look forward to Zack Snyder’s Cyborg.
    Last edited by Iconic; 10-28-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    Edit: I guess this answers why there’s been no honest exploration of this character.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/blac...-faced-2020-10

Oh well. I’ll just look forward to Zack Snyder’s Cyborg.
    Nowhere in that article did Harvey explain why he screwed up Cyborg & Static's books. He can scream the need for black folks all he likes but where is the accountability for messing up those books?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Nowhere in that article did Harvey explain why he screwed up Cyborg & Static's books. He can scream the need for black folks all he likes but where is the accountability for messing up those books?
    It ain’t about Harvey. It’s about the attitude displayed at the company overall. Why would I expect better for the characters based on how they treated the people?

I mean, in Harvey's case....I'm not familiar with his work outside of Cyborg and Static, so I don't really know what kind of quality he brought to the table overall. But just looking at those two books? I can believe race had nothing to do with his treatment. If those two books are any indication, I wouldn't have promoted him either.

But obviously DC has had, and continues to have, internal problems with racism. And sexism, and elitism, and all the other corrupt business-y "isms." They put a (alleged) sexual predator in charge of Superman ffs, and the way they treat their black characters tells us everything we need to know about how their black employees get treated.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Messing up those books, Was a group effort, not a one-person thing. And in the big picture doesn't matter for example Wally West has been jacked up as well.But they keep putting Wally West in books, They screw up with Nightwing. He still has a book. I don't understand why we would be holding an editor to some sort of crazy standard and they are clearly outside factors to the failure involved. Static never had real shot at success (8 issues), Cyborg got a decent shot at success but Cyborg was handicapped by some choices of the guy who Ray Fisher is now accusing of misconduct in a bit of irony.

The big point yes Harvey mismanaged those characters but this stuff only happens to black characters and minorities where they send to the nether realm after a poor showing. Again Wally West could stink up the joint and they still keep pushing him. With Wally, they make a mistake but they go lets try another approach, Static and Cyborg Nah these comics don't work. Even all the way up to the movie realm, Justice League screwed up mainly fronted by the white characters but Cyborg was the only one who didn't maintain his movie. They are doing everything in their power to put out flash movie and it has been a development nightmare but Cyborg just got push to the side never to be seen again. Character or actual people aren't allowed to screw up the same and they have factors outside of their control that help them screw up.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-28-2020 at 08:27 PM.

Glad DC is doubling down on his connection to the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

What issue is this from?

I haven't been following the books, but is his current look supposed to look so much like skintight metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't been following the books, but is his current look supposed to look so much like skintight metal?
    Yeah it’s his JL Odyssey look.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What issue is this from?
    Last Stories of the DC Universe.

Yeah it’s his JL Odyssey look.
    It kind of reminds me of his New Teen Titans design, although it didn't look to me like that in Sejic's art originally. Weird .

Last Stories of the DC Universe.
    Well that’s kind of a bummer then because one of the covers to that book had Vic with a design similar to the Walker/Reis look. Was hoping they’d keep that look for the interiors.

Oh well. I’m happy to see DC remembered that Jaime Reyes exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well that’s kind of a bummer then because one of the covers to that book had Vic with a design similar to the Walker/Reis look. Was hoping they’d keep that look for the interiors.
    Cyborg fans aren’t allowed to have nice things.

Cyborg fans aren’t allowed to have nice things.
    Outsiders Cyborg? Doom Patrol?