Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd say the comic version is more unique. It isn't often you see a bald, Indian woman while cartoon Jinx is one of many goth girls.
    Yup I favor her comic appearance over the animated one, she has a look we don’t see too often.

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Well where is Cyborg now in comics? Im not cool with him being booted out of the Justice League proper. Anyway, why cant Cyborg/Victor be DC's Iron Man or their new Oracle? not necessary taking the name but filling similar role in DCU, there is no Oracle anymore so why not. The guy is a living computer/ Mr Robot, why is DC struggling to give him a place?...we have been in the Information and Digital age for a while now, Cyborg is one of the most relevant characters in our era.

Why did Marv Wolfman give both of Vic's love interests the same first name anyway?
    I dont know, perhaps they were fans of the Terminator series....Sarah Connor?

Well, apparently DC thinks there should only be one black character on the main JL roster.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Anyway, why cant Cyborg/Victor be DC's Iron Man or their new Oracle? not necessary taking the name but filling similar role in DCU, there is no Oracle anymore so why not. The guy is a living computer/ Mr Robot, why is DC struggling to give him a place?...we have been in the Information and Digital age for a while now, Cyborg is one of the most relevant characters in our era.
    I think anyone who follows comics or pop culture in general has made this comparison / drawn this parallel at some point or another ( hell Google Cyborg and Iron man) and yet.....

I've yet to see a response from DC regarding this.
    Don't complain. Create.

For those up on the current video games...just look at Cyberpunk 2077. A whole cybernetic character that looks cool as could be. Cybernetic upgrades are sought after. It’s a positive take on cybernetics as a whole. One of the most anticipated games of 2020.

And yet...DC can’t find the energy to put in to the character. They need to beg David Walker to come back to this character and continue the direction he was headed.

For those up on the current video games...just look at Cyberpunk 2077. A whole cybernetic character that looks cool as could be. Cybernetic upgrades are sought after. It’s a positive take on cybernetics as a whole. One of the most anticipated games of 2020.
    interesting. Do you have name?

I t
    ( hell Google Cyborg and Iron man) and yet.....
    I think anyone who follows comics or pop culture in general has made this comparison / drawn this parallel at some point or another ( hell Google Cyborg and Iron man) and yet.....
    Just did. They are some cool paralleling but also what I like with Cyborg is that he is just not tech, but has a cosmic/alien side. Making him different enough from Iron man and his own kind.

Anyway, I would like to see Victor's friendship/Crossover with Jamie/Blue Bettle, maybe they can bond over being bonded to an alien technology/object.

Got a name?

Yeah just did, got some interesting discussions and paralleling, minus the multiple "who would win in a fight" kind of postings. Anyway I also like that Vic is not just tech but has a cosmic/alien side to him making him different to Iron man enough and his own kind.

Speaking of paralleling, would be cool to see cyborg and Jamie friendship/crossover, maybe they can bond about being bonded to an alien technology/object.

Last edited by HunterX; 01-13-2020 at 08:12 AM.

Incredible Member

Previously i asked if all of David F Walkers run had been erased / made non canon after Rebirth debuted. I asked for a specific reason. As is always the case the universe provides answers when you put thought towards a question heh..

1.jpg

This is a post Rebirth image. Clearly Victor has the ability to have a full face like David Walker showed him having in his pre Rebirth series. I was unclear as to whether this was something that carried over. The question now is...why don't we see him that way full time (or at the very least far more often)? That question in and of itself is worthy of an arc.

I'd pay money to read it .
    Don't complain. Create.

BANNED

I have a question about Lady Cyborg, that lady Victor had sex with, she is black, latina or caucasian? In her first appearances she is colored almost as white/latina, but then they color her like black.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    I have a question about Lady Cyborg, that lady Victor had sex with, she is black, latina or caucasian? In her first appearances she is colored almost as white/latina, but then they color her like black.
    IIRC Semper once said she was always supposed to be black, but apparently there was some miscommunication at first so that's why she had a pale complexion earlier on.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-13-2020 at 09:10 AM.

BANNED

Talking about Cyborg´s Waifus, until today I still don´t understand why Wolfman decided to make them only friends Victor and Sarah Simms... I still think she´s the best option for him, the one with better chemistry and development with Vic.

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Previously i asked if all of David F Walkers run had been erased / made non canon after Rebirth debuted. I asked for a specific reason. As is always the case the universe provides answers when you put thought towards a question heh..

1.jpg

This is a post Rebirth image. Clearly Victor has the ability to have a full face like David Walker showed him having in his pre Rebirth series. I was unclear as to whether this was something that carried over. The question now is...why don't we see him that way full time (or at the very least far more often)? That question in and of itself is worthy of an arc.

I'd pay money to read it .
    iirc, in Walker's run I believe Vic wanted to keep his techno-organic reconstruction a secret because he wasn't ready to deal with what it could mean; one of the big moments I remember was him revealing his evolution to his father.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

As good as David F. Walker was I think Cyborg needs a big name creative team in order to sell to a wider audience since fans nowadays follow creators more than they do characters (which I hate because it didn’t used to be that way)

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    Well where is Cyborg now in comics?
    Justice League Odyssey, brainwashed by Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    And look who the publisher is! WB Games! A sister company of DC.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-13-2020 at 10:27 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And look who the publisher is! WB Games! A sister company of DC.
    The guy has grooves/lines in his face and still looks appealing. What’s crazy is that in-story Vic is infinitely more advanced than this character but looks infinitely dated. If only they’d let go of the nostalgia of elderly times.