Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    I definitely agree; I kinda think, though, that's the fault of editorial though. Like, this was supposed to be a longer series, right? Perhaps the second arc was going to touch upon that specific 'why'? Which...honestly, yeah, probably works as a detriment to the narrative...especially since it's being cancelled...

Aw now I made myself sad...
    I really think this is suppossed to be a limited series, we already have spin offs for Cable, kwannon and possibly X-23 right after the cancelation.
    Seems all planned.
    I don't think they will explain why they feel this way on only 2 issues left. Or if other book gonna pick this up

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Maybe the writer saw the art on his book, the art on the other books, and said "nope, if that's what I get here, I'm going to stick to Titans"
    I wouldn't blame him LOL

but let's talk the truth a tv show pays a lot more than a comic and he also has others projects h ei sproducing in hopes of directin gmovies in the future

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This whole book looks like a set up to me. The one male of color writing an X-book got the worst cast, the worst artist and the book with the least connection to the jumping off of Krakoa. But i can be extra sometimes. "Let's center a book around Kwannon and her past instead of actually you know have her dealing with threats to krakoa or life in krakoa being back in her body and having to adjust."
    yeah, I see your point here
    Last edited by spirit2011; 01-05-2020 at 04:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I really think this is suppossed to be a limited series, we already have spin offs for Cable, kwannon and possibly X-23 right after the cancelation.
    Seems all planned.
    I don't think they will explain why they feel this way on only 2 issues left. Or if other book gonna pick this up
    I don't think so, because Hill originally said that it was only going to be on hiatus until he'd come back to continue the story? And then when Hellions was announced he changed his mind and said that it was going to be (supposedly) continued in that one? (Which I don't believe for a second, but ya know, his words.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    The writer got too bogged down with other assignments how is that the fault of the editors?
    Depends on when he was offered this gig and what else he pitched to others.

Because Batman & The Outsiders book is not affected by his ton of gigs.

He is also doing Titans.

He is also doing a feature film Zone 414.

Like with Shuri's writer-it depends on how much they have to do on those projects.

Tv and movies pay WAY more than a comic book bearing the X-Men logo. That you don't know will get shelf space as a trade at Barnes & Nobles. Unlike the Batman books.

Editorial should have had him do 12 complete scripts from the start. So you could at least finish the run.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on when he was offered this gig and what else he pitched to others.

Because Batman & The Outsiders book is not affected by his ton of gigs.

He is also doing Titans.

He is also doing a feature film Zone 414.

Like with Shuri's writer-it depends on how much they have to do on those projects.

Tv and movies pay WAY more than a comic book bearing the X-Men logo. That you don't know will get shelf space as a trade at Barnes & Nobles. Unlike the Batman books.

Editorial should have had him do 12 complete scripts from the start. So you could at least finish the run.
    I agree with the person that says he saw the writing on the wall and will add he was like "naw, your not about to use me as a scapegoat for why you don't put black writers on x-men." too bad he didn't see it sooner. How they going to give the man someone worse than greg land while the other books have colorful vibrant art. And now his cast has been basically appropriated by a white writer who is getting a good artist to "show how it should be done"
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-05-2020 at 04:36 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I agree with the person that says he saw the writing on the wall and will add he was like "naw, your not about to use me as a scapegoat for why you don't put black writers on x-men." too bad he didn't see it sooner. How they going to give the man someone worse than greg land while the other books have colorful vibrant art. And now his cast has been basically appropriated by a white writer who is getting a good artist to "show how it should be done"
    And that's why I don't trust editorial to know what the **** they're doing.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

With X23 playing a bigger role in X-Men soon, Kwannon being on the Hellions series and Kid-Cable getting his own series, does anyone find it likely that Fallen Angels will return?

I know they did it's on hiatus, but I seriously doubt it will continue.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    With X23 playing a bigger role in X-Men soon, Kwannon being on the Hellions series and Kid-Cable getting his own series, does anyone find it likely that Fallen Angels will return?

I know they did it's on hiatus, but I seriously doubt it will continue.
    I'd love to say it would.

Unfortunately I have no faith in editorial. If anything splitting them up like that could just be to ensure that it won't and that, somehow, the doubts they held about Krakoa will just be 'resolved' in 2 issues or less. (But I am very, very pessimistic, please don't take me at face value.)

I think it went like:

- Main purpose of Fallen Angels is to push Kwannon
    - BEH gets too busy and decides to put it aside, with some hope that maybe he can continue it later
    - Editorial realizes that they already have a book with Kwannon, + Cable and likely something with Laura coming
    - They're like "Yeah well I guess Fallen Angels is just cancelled"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it went like:

- BEH gets too busy and decides to put it aside, with some hope that maybe he can continue it later
    - Editorial realizes that they already have a book with Kwannon, + Cable and likely something with Laura coming
    That's lame though, considering Wolverine gets to be in like 90 different titles at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think it went like:

Or BEH knew going in it would be closed story because of his upcoming commitments and everyone kept mum about it being only six issues. It's not exactly out of the ordinary for Marvel to be cagey about how long a series is actually going to run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Or BEH knew going in it would be closed story because of his upcoming commitments and everyone kept mum about it being only six issues. It's not exactly out of the ordinary for Marvel to be cagey about how long a series is actually going to run.
    The problem is that's not how it was marketed, and BEH himself indicated this wasn't going to be a closed story (IE, his comments on having Gabby appear in a later arc). So no, I don't believe for a second this was always intended to be a miniseries.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    That's lame though, considering Wolverine gets to be in like 90 different titles at once.
    Which is why they should have attached Kwannon to Wolverine from the jump. He could mentor her into X-Man shape, and she would get a LOT of exposure quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The problem is that's not how it was marketed, and BEH himself indicated this wasn't going to be a closed story (IE, his comments on having Gabby appear in a later arc). So no, I don't believe for a second this was always intended to be a miniseries.
    What were the dates for his comments on Gabby? Because I have a hard time crediting that Marvel didn't know this was going to be a single arc either from the start or VERY soon after given how two of the principal cast of this series are going to be part of other titles within a month or so of FA wrapping up. Aside from Wolverine, the X-Office seems to be keeping a pretty close watch on where characters are being used (re: Duggan not knowing if he was going to be sharing Storm with the BP books) and avoiding cast redundancy, so it seems like they had these books in the pipeline and ready to go knowing that the leads weren't going to be doing double duty.

I forgot that this book was being release today but it was actually pretty good. I think it deal with some of issues that people were complaining about meaning there was a purpose to some behavior we saw before from Kwannon. The art is slightly better in this book but still has it moments of characters looking like big babies. The amazing part is I think the book is going to be able to wrap up cleanly which I didn't was possible before this issue.

This was the best issue for me, I’ve even already written up a whole summary for it. I’ve got to reread it again but yeah this issue ruled.