Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Why does this have to be a mini?? The questions Paige asks, the whole approach this comic takes is just so needed! Ugh! Hill, you're an absolute arse for taking this on when your schedule was so unsure! There is no way Hellions is gonna be able to take this book's place!

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I guess Bling's blind trust of Laura is something she picked up from her girlfriend because I don't recall them ever interacting before.
    Seriously. That line would have fit so much better coming from Mercury.

But I can get Roxy being wary of Krakoa. She's a smart kid, she's from the slice of X-Students who have seen just how fallible Xavier is, and she knows when something seems too good to be true, it probably is. So that doesn't bug me.

Husk tho... I read that more as her testing Laura than her actually not caring about people. She doesn't know Laura well, and probably is aware that she's got an assassin background. So. Just prodding for motivation a little.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Seriously. That line would have fit so much better coming from Mercury.

But I can get Roxy being wary of Krakoa. She's a smart kid, she's from the slice of X-Students who have seen just how fallible Xavier is, and she knows when something seems too good to be true, it probably is. So that doesn't bug me.

Husk tho... I read that more as her testing Laura than her actually not caring about people. She doesn't know Laura well, and probably is aware that she's got an assassin background. So. Just prodding for motivation a little.
    Yeah, that definitely makes sense, especially considering that we haven't seen or heard of her have any sort of discourse or falling out with her human relatives; even if she became disillusioned with other humans, protecting her family would no doubt be at the forefront of her mind here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I guess Bling's blind trust of Laura is something she picked up from her girlfriend because I don't recall them ever interacting before.
    That’s what I’m picking up. Plus the main New X-Men team were the ones in charge of protecting the students not only during the Decimation era but also Utopia. I can see the lesser-involved students coming to trust them.

Astonishing Member

Unless it revealed that bring bling! Is part of a overtly elaborate plant so she can steal mercury from her, I'd love to know why her over mercury. Also why hasn't anyone told xforce ? You'd think humans using cybernetic for terror acts and killing children would be somting they would look in to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Bling!!!!
    Nope i can't even hold my tongue anymore. The art on this is awful and this story is contradicting all the other dawn of x books in a way. maybe i'm missing where it was said people shouldn't care about humans anymore or their problems. I'm out. I didn't even think the art could get worse.

Wasn't Xavier just saying how much he loves humans. I feel like we aren't suppose to be routing for this outcast mutants i don't know. Maybe if it was one on the group that wasn't somehow damaged to give an even voice i could feel what they were saying but i'm looking around at them like "I love some of ya'll dearly, but ya'll all f'ed up."
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-03-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The art has really taken me out of this story. All the women look like they have weird doll faces.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Wasn't Xavier just saying how much he loves humans. I feel like we aren't suppose to be routing for this outcast mutants i don't know. Maybe if it was one on the group that wasn't somehow damaged to give an even voice i could feel what they were saying but i'm looking around at them like "I love some of ya'll dearly, but ya'll all f'ed up."
    What? How did you arrive at that message?

What? How did you arrive at that message?
    Because if i go down each character not one of them is consistently sane so i'm not sure i'm suppose to be rooting for them. I don't mean they are literal outcast.

Bling has been all over the map.

Cable came back and killed his future self and just went through all that stuff in X-force.

Pyslocke literally just got her body back and hasn't coped with any of that.

Paige has often had mental instability.

So who is suppose to be the voice of reason here. Theres not one character i can look at and go "well okay, i see the point." It seems like the confused and damaged leading the confused and damaged.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Because if i go down each character not one of them is sane so i'm not sure i'm suppose to be rooting for them. I don't mean they are literal outcast.

Bling has been all over the map.

Cable came back and killed his future self and just went through all that stuff in X-force.

Pyslocke literally just got her body back and hasn't coped with any of that.

Paige has often had mental instability.

So who is suppose to be the voice of reason here. Theres not one character i can look at and go "well okay, i see the point." It seems like the confused and damaged leading the confused and damaged.
    Bling! never really had a reason to be mistrusted. Husk went through therapy and has found a healthy way to deal with her secondary mutation. X-23, the voice of reason seeing as she shuts down Paige’s “anti-human remarks, has gone through a bunch of growth. The only people who are questionable are Psylocke, as the narrative also supports from her quickness to dismiss any sort of connection to Krakoa, and Cable, who got himself captured due to his recklessness.

Laura's waist looks bigger than her shoulders. Everyone's heads look....off. And no one shows any emotion whatsoever. I'm not even going to get into the dialogue.

This was a very important, and even necessary, kind of idea. Is everyone really OK with Krakoa? Buts its being handled so, so badly.

Bling! never really had a reason to be mistrusted. Husk went through therapy and has found a healthy way to deal with her secondary mutation. X-23, the voice of reason seeing as she shuts down Paige’s “anti-human remarks, has gone through a bunch of growth. The only people who are questionable are Psylocke, as the narrative also supports from her quickness to dismiss any sort of connection to Krakoa, and Cable, who got himself captured due to his recklessness.
    I would agree on laura but this isn't the laura i read in All New Wolverine, or All new X-men so i have to go further back to find this Laura. Bling seemed all over the place in the latest iteration of Gen X to me and Paige is one skin change away from a personality change so i'll agree to disagree on that. Not trying to change anyone's mind just explaining why it's hard for me to see who i'm suppose to be rooting for. Maybe if the team had a Madrox or something i could work with it but reading all the other books and reading this one, and who these members are, they seem not so rootable to me.

Not to mention Sinister's involvement. Granted i don't know if they know sinister is involved but you don't trust krakoa but you do trust sinister. Well ok.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

[QUOTE=pkingdom;4763567]Laura's waist looks bigger than her shoulders. Everyone's heads look....off. And no one shows any emotion whatsoever. I'm not even going to get into the dialogue.

This was a very important, and even necessary, kind of idea. Is everyone really OK with Krakoa? Buts its being handled so, so badly.[/QUOTE]

100000000000% this. This is such a vital book and I will forever call BS on editorial that it's being ended so quick! You can't possibly explore a topic with so many questions in just 6 issues!

I can’t believe me and Domino Dare-Doll both really love Fallen Angels

I would agree on laura but this isn't the laura i read in All New Wolverine, or All new X-men so i have to go further back to find this Laura. Bling seemed all over the place in the latest iteration of Gen X to me and Paige is one skin change away from a personality change so i'll agree to disagree on that. Not trying to change anyone's mind just explaining why it's hard for me to see who i'm suppose to be rooting for. Maybe if the team had a Madrox or something i could work with it but reading all the other books and reading this one, and who these members are, they seem not so rootable to me.

Not to mention Sinister's involvement. Granted i don't know if they know sinister is involved but you don't trust krakoa but you do trust sinister. Well ok.
    I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on Laura because I’m still not really seeing a big disconnect between this and her time in Tamaki’s run. There was a much bigger disjoint with Hopeless and Taylor’s Lauras. But what happened with Husk was explicitly explored in Christina Strain’s Generation X.

Also, no one’s saying they trust Sinister, either.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They don't trust the island Krakoa but they went? Go back home to your rich parents then duh.
    I’m sure Bling! would rather be stuck in a safe island with her friends rather than with her family where she could potentially get hate crimed. She was already the target of kidnappings because of her parents’ status.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Um, since when does Husk not care about humans?
    She literally says in the very next panel that she cares.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They don't trust the island Krakoa but they went? Go back home to your rich parents then duh.
    Ma Guthrie already has enough mouths to feed.

How do ppl not grasp the concept that living in a country doesnt mean you agree with all of its policies. Especially americans in this day and age ffs.