Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    How do ppl not grasp the concept that living in a country doesnt mean you agree with all of its policies. Especially americans in this day and age ffs.
    Ok, now, see that's a very important point!!

I mean, ok, there's two sides to it: On the one hand you do sort of expect all mutants to be on board with it considering that, yes, they did have to actively go to Krakoa. But then you have cases like in Excalibur where mutants have felt 'forced out.' They're there because they have no choice--and that's what we need to see more of! That side of what's going on; the one's who don't agree with certain things or attitudes, who aren't contented. I thought this book was going to be it, but well--behind the scenes drama and all.

But we need so much more of that!

Like right now: I was born in the Uk, I don't agree with our leader's, they don't speak for me or my beliefs, but I can't leave. I'm 'trapped' here in a sense because it's just not practical or possible for me to go anywhere else and even then, this is my home. I'm not letting assholes run it into the ground if I can help it.

Fantastic Member

I'll say it... the art is just awful and I'm glad this book is ending. The writing doesn't work. X-23 especially is written bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I can’t believe me and Domino Dare-Doll both really love Fallen Angels
    I mean, dude, I'm not. This is the most nuanced take on the whole thing; in fact, I'd argue it's the most important because it's offering an internal challenge to the rest of the status-quo. What's not to love?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Ok, now, see that's a very important point!!

I mean, ok, there's two sides to it: On the one hand you do sort of expect all mutants to be on board with it considering that, yes, they did have to actively go to Krakoa. But then you have cases like in Excalibur where mutants have felt 'forced out.' They're there because they have no choice--and that's what we need to see more of! That side of what's going on; the one's who don't agree with certain things or attitudes, who aren't contented. I thought this book was going to be it, but well--behind the scenes drama and all.

But we need so much more of that!

Like right now: I was born in the Uk, I don't agree with our leader's, they don't speak for me or my beliefs, but I can't leave. I'm 'trapped' here in a sense because it's just not practical or possible for me to go anywhere else and even then, this is my home. I'm not letting assholes run it into the ground if I can help it.
    It really naturally runs with Bling!’s character arc. Strain established that Bling! never wanted to be fully integrated into mutantkind. She only ever left from under her parents to the Xavier Institute because she kept getting threatened with kidnapping and wanted to make a name for herself. Even under Jubilee’s class, she just wanted to be able to reintegrate herself into human society. As of Rosencanny, mutant hate was at an all-time high so it was either joining Krakoa or getting shot in broad daylight with no one looking for her killer.

I mean, dude, I'm not. This is the most nuanced take on the whole thing; in fact, I'd argue it's the most important because it's offering an internal challenge to the rest of the status-quo. What's not to love?
    It’s also treats Krakoa as a backdrop like the other DoX titles but doesn’t expand on the world because it’s dealing directly with the true enemy of Krakoa and Moira’s dream in posthumanity. It also gives some much-needed development to Psylocke by having her lead the mission with other mutants who aren’t too sure of their place in Krakoa. It’s a really great title IMO
    Last edited by Tycon; 01-03-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

For the same reasons as DDD above I've stuck with "Fallen Angels" ignoring all bile thrown against its run (even if I do agree with the art inconsistency opinion).

"Fallen Angels" Reader-Trinity, then?

I do wonder how Paige's prior sub-par sibling treatment of Melody (as implied in "Fearless") might change with her little "No" when asked if she genuinely had zero sapiens-empathy left after being killed by Orchis.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

It really naturally runs with Bling!’s character arc. Strain established that Bling! never wanted to be fully integrated into mutantkind. She only ever left from under her parents to the Xavier Institute because she kept getting threatened with kidnapping and wanted to make a name for herself. Even under Jubilee’s class, she just wanted to be able to reintegrate herself into human society. As of Rosencanny, mutant hate was at an all-time high so it was either joining Krakoa or getting shot in broad daylight with no one looking for her killer.
    Ok so why isn't Bling getting an immediate solo further exploring this? Or having her take-part in a re-integration/fight the bigots relief on behalf of Krakoa?

Ok so why isn't Bling getting an immediate solo further exploring this? Or having her take-part in a re-integration/fight the bigots relief on behalf of Krakoa?
    That’s what I’m saying. But also I feel like she won’t try and shake the status quo too much since Mercury is probably happy there. But maybe she’ll join Cable’s rebellion in his solo.

BANNED

That’s what I’m saying. But also I feel like she won’t try and shake the status quo too much since Mercury is probably happy there. But maybe she’ll join Cable’s rebellion in his solo.
    Questioning it doesn't equal shaking it though. If anything it has the potential to enrich the overall idea by fully exploring every aspect, good and bad.

I always find it isn't very smart to just snark at criticisms in-narrative; it just perpetuates biases and does little to change minds. Sometimes it is a good idea to really question what kind of consequences an off-hand statement might have, or take a look at why a reader might draw what conclusion. That's just my opinion though.

Questioning it doesn't equal shaking it though. If anything it has the potential to enrich the overall idea by fully exploring every aspect, good and bad.

I always find it isn't very smart to just snark at criticisms in-narrative; it just perpetuates biases and does little to change minds. Sometimes it is a good idea to really question what kind of consequences an off-hand statement might have, or take a look at why a reader might draw what conclusion. That's just my opinion though.
    Would definitely love a series like that. It’s nice to explore everybody’s voice on Krakoa, especially if people feel they’re monolithic. If Percy’s Wolverine from X-Force is anything to go by, the solo will probably assuage some concerns (even though we know that isn’t the case with Krakoa).

What Hickman has addressed in X-Men #4 isn’t snark to me. Reception can be varied but many of the “criticisms” that were brought up weren’t criticisms as much as just baseless theories based on paranoia. And actual critiques of Krakoa haven’t so much been snarled away then just introduced to later be expanded upon.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    She literally says in the very next panel that she cares.

Ma Guthrie already has enough mouths to feed.

How do ppl not grasp the concept that living in a country doesnt mean you agree with all of its policies. Especially americans in this day and age ffs.
    What policies should they be having issues with? Disagreeing with? In the story what is there to grasp that is giving them major trust issues?

Psylocke is the one doing weird shady stuff right now. But they trust her all of a sudden. Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    What policies should they be having issues with? Disagreeing with? In the story what is there to grasp that is giving them major trust issues?

Psylocke is the one doing weird shady stuff right now. But they trust her all of a sudden. Ok.
    Husk just addressed Psylocke’s instability and Bling! said she only trusts Psylocke because of Laura. They aren’t just following along in a vacuum.

Husk just addressed Psylocke’s instability and Bling! said she only trusts Psylocke because of Laura. They aren’t just following along in a vacuum.
    Meh. I'm ready for Hellions.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Meh. I'm ready for Hellions.
    Same. I respect Fallen Angels for getting the ground running for Psylocke’s character but I’m really interested in how Zeb Wells treats her as another member of the cast and not just the frontrunner.

9 panels and 6 of them are repetated expressions. wow

This book could be a lot better, since it i dealing with characters that aren't that found of krakoa

Astonishing Member

You know before the DoX launch I would of thought FA to be the sleeper hit who knew it was going to be X-Force to take that spot. After the first two issues this title has really declined in quality and introducing these characters and having them come voice their distrust of Krakoa so late in the game just comes off as forced. With the title ending there's no room to actually explore these feelings in any in depth way.