Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Kind of feel like the writer got excited about his other projects. And just kind of went meh to this title.

damn feeling super emo thinking about how Husk and Bling! just got added to the roster only for the book to get axed someone help my girls

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Kind of feel like the writer got excited about his other projects. And just kind of went meh to this title.
    Probably saw the art decline in quality since issue #1, like we all did.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Why this artist is copying cell shaded POSEFX models is really aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Um, since when does Husk not care about humans?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Since they killed her in outer space recently, maybe?
    lol Yeah getting killed by something doesn't always make you enduring to your murderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Paige immediately lowering her head after her controversial statement is a nice touch.
    Gah this still doesn't read like Husk Why would she say something like that without having a valid point? Lowering her head just seems OOC I didn't take her response to mean she'd be cool with Genocide, but that she and all mutants on Krakoa can finally life their lives not on the front lines fighting and protecting people who hate and fear them. I meeean bshe did Just get resurrected
    Husk diiiid seem a lil too thirsty finding out if "Psy" is crazy or not Maybe she wants company
    They don't trust the island Krakoa but they went? Go back home to your rich parents then duh.
    nooot sure Husks family is Rich lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I can get Husk having some hard feelings about dying, but needing to be told by Laura to care about a genocide is ... a choice.
    Yeah bad writing choice lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I guess Bling's blind trust of Laura is something she picked up from her girlfriend because I don't recall them ever interacting much.
    And Bling... poor Bling I believe she's become this almost blank slate and every writer that gets her scribbles over the last to get her tofit whatever niche they need her
    What policies should they be having issues with? Disagreeing with? In the story what is there to grasp that is giving them major trust issues?

Psylocke is the one doing weird shady stuff right now. But they trust her all of a sudden. Ok.
    Riiiiight?? I mean what reason do they have to be wary of Krakoa and to roll with Psylocke who's been dead for years, whose body powers and memories have been switched and reswitched. And is now trying to stop her cyberspace baby?

Hmmm could be both Husk and Bling aren't cool with Emplate being on Krakoa??
    Last edited by BroHomo; 01-03-2020 at 11:54 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

I didn’t read it as Paige not caring about humans. I read it as her challenging Laura on why she cared. The status quo on Krakoa is separatist and Paige has always been intelligent, maybe she was just testing Laura’s conviction before airing her own misgivings. Paige has never been outwardly hostile to humanity (at least not in this reality) and whilst her recent murder by Orchis might have left her wary, she still has a large human family that multiple stories have shown she cares about. There’s no way her sentiment was to support genocide unless the writer really doesn’t understand her character.

As for the Melody thing, an earlier post made it sound like Paige and Sam had turned on her. Melody said they “treated her differently” which could mean anything. When a family member is going through something traumatic, isn’t it normal to alter how you treat them? Often out of compassion for what they’ve been through or an inability to express yourself to them.

I like the concept of this book: mutants not entirely comfortable with this Krakoan utopia and continuing to forge their own paths. Execution could be slightly better and the art is awful but the story thread is a necessary one. Just sad that Paige gets a place on a roster and it’s gonna end soon.

Unfortunately, it's th first DoX book I'm giving up. The art is less and less interesting with each new issue. And the writing is not bad, but not stellar either so...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I didn’t read it as Paige not caring about humans. I read it as her challenging Laura on why she cared. The status quo on Krakoa is separatist and Paige has always been intelligent, maybe she was just testing Laura’s conviction before airing her own misgivings. Paige has never been outwardly hostile to humanity (at least not in this reality) and whilst her recent murder by Orchis might have left her wary, she still has a large human family that multiple stories have shown she cares about. There’s no way her sentiment was to support genocide unless the writer really doesn’t understand her character.
    How does a separatist stance relate to intelligence in any way? And who's supporting genocide? Make it make sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    How does a separatist stance relate to intelligence in any way? And who's supporting genocide? Make it make sense.
    I think their thought process is that the mutants on Krakoa will do nothing to stop Apoth because they don't care about humans anymore? Which doesn't make sense because that's exactly the opposite of what they believe and even if it was Apoth wants to kill mutants too so not bringing this up to the Quiet Council just seems really stupid.

Is this all still happening during the lockdown on the island?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    If she was dumb, she would blindly admit to her misgivings about Krakoa when asked. Being intelligent, she challenges others to ensure their opinions match hers before she admits to discomfort on Krakoa. The stance of the state wasn’t correlated with her intelligence. How she shared her true opinion in the face of that political reality was a marker of her previously established intelligence.

The implication from other posters was that Paige “didn’t care” about what she was being told about human genocide when she obviously does.

Both points explained.

It made plenty of sense. You simply didn’t understand.

That art is so bad. And I alreally hate Hill's take on Paige. She used to be one of the most socially conscious X-men.

Don't know why people are interpreting that conversation as meaning Paige doesn't care about humans when she says she's not okay with that way of thinking right in the next panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    If she was dumb, she would blindly admit to her misgivings about Krakoa when asked. Being intelligent, she challenges others to ensure their opinions match hers before she admits to discomfort on Krakoa. The stance of the state wasn’t correlated with her intelligence. How she shared her true opinion in the face of that political reality was a marker of her previously established intelligence.

The implication from other posters was that Paige “didn’t care” about what she was being told about human genocide when she obviously does.

Both points explained.

It made plenty of sense. You simply didn’t understand.
    Right? Anyone with a modicum of knowledge about Husk
    Knows she is ride or die when it comes to her family. Thinking she'll be cool with them dying is just???
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I wish the art was as great as the cover. Really like that one.

Inside though... mwahhh, Husk does not look like Husk, same applies for Laura.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think their thought process is that the mutants on Krakoa will do nothing to stop Apoth because they don't care about humans anymore? Which doesn't make sense because that's exactly the opposite of what they believe and even if it was Apoth wants to kill mutants too so not bringing this up to the Quiet Council just seems really stupid.

Exactly maybe i miss read something along the line but i thought Apoth wanted to destroy both mutants and humans and basically create a form of homo novissimo (human/tech) mixture with them no longer having feelings or individual thought ala the Phalanx. So why Laura and co are acting like this is only a human problem and they won't be coming for the mutants next is beyond me. The story just contradicts itself at certain points.

Apoth claims he wants to free humans from all emotional ties but then in the same issue he is saying how much he loves Psylocke and would never hurt her etc. etc and pretty much acting vindictive in the way he is going about things because Psylocke wouldn't listen. If he can't get rid of his own emotions to be rational and he has no humanity in him as far as we know how exactly is he going to do any more than basically just corrupt human emotion and make things even worse.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/