Default Weakest DC villain who can survive an Athena Exclamation (Saint Seiya)

Who can survive an Athena Exclamation from the three strongest Gold Saints (Virgo Shaka, Gemini Saga, and Leo Aiolia) out of DC's cosmic villains?
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

What does an Athena Exclamation entail?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What does an Athena Exclamation entail?
    Three saints brood briefly about how it's forbidden and then break the taboo anyway like it's the prime directive and they're Captain Kirk. Big energy blast, generally beats anything in the series. Narrative says it's as powerful as the Big Bang, but it's Saint Seiya, so it's... weird. I in no way have the encyclopedic knowledge of Seiya necessary to extrapolate how strong it is from comparisons, so that's all I can really say.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-04-2020 at 04:21 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Three saints brood briefly about how it's forbidden and then break the taboo anyway like it's the prime directive and they're Captain Kirk. Big energy blast, generally beats anything in the series. Narrative says it's as powerful as the Big Bang, but it's Saint Seiya, so it's... weird. I in no way have the encyclopedic knowledge of Seiya necessary to extrapolate how strong it is from comparisons, so that's all I can really say.

Well, it may or may not have been hyperbole before, but in Episode G: Assassin, a canon but possible future spinoff, they actually (at least partially) confirm the hype when three gold saints use it to punch through the Underworld and back to the world of the Living

https://i.imgur.com/CGoZv5f.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/zYKqtmE.jpg
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I can never tell what's happening in that comic. Either way, while punching through dimensions is pretty good, we really need some groundwork to establish just what that means in-setting.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I can never tell what's happening in that comic. Either way, while punching through dimensions is pretty good, we really need some groundwork to establish just what that means in-setting.
    It's basically blasting out of Hell through sheer power when previously that required permission from Hades the resident Satan, or the esoteric bypass of developing the 8th sense. Just opening dimensional portals is a comparatively minor ability for individual Gold Saints. But it certainly brings up how offensively powerful single Saints can be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    It's basically blasting out of Hell through sheer power when previously that required permission from Hades the resident Satan, or the esoteric bypass of developing the 8th sense. Just opening dimensional portals is a comparatively minor ability for individual Gold Saints. But it certainly brings up how offensively powerful single Saints can be as well.
    That's.. Inaccurate. Sorry for the necro just thought id correct some things here. At this point Hades is dead, the one ruling over hell is Rhadamanthys, a previous judge of hell who is supposed to be a bit stronger than a gold saint. He is also the only living being in Hell after everyone else was killed off by the saints. He has a truce with Sanctuary since it would literally just be him vs them otherwise which would be suicidal for him. And they did not punch through a dimension with the attack, instead he assisted Kanon and Saga in opening up a dimensional portal from the underworld to the living world since he rules over it while they are the only two saints who can open holes into another dimension.

The AE has the power of a big bang, on a small scale. If the saints had a third of the power of a big bang, attacks like the Galaxian explosion(which "only" has the power to destroy any planet or star in the milky way, according to both Kanon and Saga) wouldn't be a blip on their radar. As it is, even when holding back the attack can outright maim Gold Saints(shown when Saga used it on Shura in order to weaken him enough to use the demon Emperor fist on him), while not holding back allows him to outright kill Gold Saint level beings(even himself) and stronger(like Kronos, who was shown to be stronger than Gold Saints even when he was in a weakened state). So AE doesn't actually have big bang level of power. All it involves is 3 gold saints burning their cosmo/energy/ki/prana/chi/chakra(etc...)to the limit and firing it at a target. As a base, a Goldy has power comparable to their cloth, which was stated to have 1/12th the power of the sun. So the attack would be a little more powerful than 3/12th the energy our sun has. The saints can burn their Cosmo slightly beyond that however so it can be a bit stronger than that.

A rule of thumb is those who have mastered the 7th sense, and have a gold cloth, generally move at the speed of light, and have 2/12th(7 sense+cloth) the power of the sun. There are exceptions when miracles are used that allow Saints to temporarily perform beyond their normal abilities either to move at ftl(divine) speed or perform attacks that harm gods, and sometimes heal wounds. But miracles are literal plot devices that come up when the plot wills it to allow the main saint of the time to defeat a foe well beyond their capability to handle. It is temporary and not something that occurs consistently so it shouldn't be used as something they can typicallythat
    Last edited by Cody; 04-08-2020 at 11:02 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    That's.. Inaccurate. Sorry for the necro just thought id correct some things here. At this point Hades is dead, the one ruling over hell is Rhadamanthys, a previous judge of hell who is supposed to be a bit stronger than a gold saint. He is also the only living being in Hell after everyone else was killed off by the saints. He has a truce with Sanctuary since it would literally just be him vs them otherwise which would be suicidal for him. And they did not punch through a dimension with the attack, instead he assisted Kanon and Saga in opening up a dimensional portal from the underworld to the living world since he rules over it while they are the only two saints who can open holes into another dimension.

The AE has the power of a big bang, on a small scale. If the saints had a third of the power of a big bang, attacks like the Galaxian explosion(which "only" has the power to destroy any planet or star in the milky way, according to both Kanon and Saga) wouldn't be a blip on their radar. As it is, even when holding back the attack can outright maim Gold Saints(shown when Saga used it on Shura in order to weaken him enough to use the demon Emperor fist on him), while not holding back allows him to outright kill Gold Saint level beings(even himself) and stronger(like Kronos, who was shown to be stronger than Gold Saints even when he was in a weakened state). So AE doesn't actually have big bang level of power. All it involves is 3 gold saints burning their cosmo/energy/ki/prana/chi/chakra(etc...)to the limit and firing it at a target. As a base, a Goldy has power comparable to their cloth, which was stated to have 1/12th the power of the sun. So the attack would be a little more powerful than 3/12th the energy our sun has. The saints can burn their Cosmo slightly beyond that however so it can be a bit stronger than that.

A rule of thumb is those who have mastered the 7th sense, and have a gold cloth, generally move at the speed of light, and have 2/12th(7 sense+cloth) the power of the sun. There are exceptions when miracles are used that allow Saints to temporarily perform beyond their normal abilities either to move at ftl(divine) speed or perform attacks that harm gods, and sometimes heal wounds. But miracles are literal plot devices that come up when the plot wills it to allow the main saint of the time to defeat a foe well beyond their capability to handle. It is temporary and not something that occurs consistently so it shouldn't be used as something they can typicallythat
    It might just be the fact that it's so late, but I understood all of those words and none of those words at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    It might just be the fact that it's so late, but I understood all of those words and none of those words at the same time.
    Lol, fair enough. What didn't you understand? I've went on a huge Saint Seiya binge so I've grown very familiar with the series.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral