Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 455
  1. #346
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,048

    Default

    She sure went back quicker than I was expecting...

  2. #347
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,965

    Default

    I'm just hoping this doesn't destroy Gwen and Em Jay's friendship, however tense and strained it might have become over the years. That said, if Em Jay can somehow control her symbiote in the end . . . maybe she can be the Earth-65 Scarlet Spider, like her costume in that Halloween issue.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  3. #348
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I'm just hoping this doesn't destroy Gwen and Em Jay's friendship, however tense and strained it might have become over the years. That said, if Em Jay can somehow control her symbiote in the end . . . maybe she can be the Earth-65 Scarlet Spider, like her costume in that Halloween issue.
    As volatile as that relationship has been, I'll count my blessings if EmJay doesn't end up becoming a true villain by the end of this...

  4. #349
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As volatile as that relationship has been, I'll count my blessings if EmJay doesn't end up becoming a true villain by the end of this...
    Same here.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #350
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Doesn't help that Maguire seems to be a fan of the original Gwen Stacy and from her comments has no fond feelings for Mary Jane. Not to mention her having EmJay write three paper thin flirting songs but then backtracking super hard when people commented on it by saying EmJay and Glory are still dating.

  6. #351
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As volatile as that relationship has been, I'll count my blessings if EmJay doesn't end up becoming a true villain by the end of this...
    I get the feeling it'll end with them making out.

  7. #352
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I get the feeling it'll end with them making out.
    Oh, if only, though I also hope this doesn't make too much friction within The Mary Janes, given that Em Jay and Glory are indeed supposed to still be dating.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #353
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, if only, though I also hope this doesn't make too much friction within The Mary Janes, given that Em Jay and Glory are indeed supposed to still be dating.
    Could just say they broke up during Gwen's time skip. Of course we still don't know whether Gwen is into girls at all. Her only comment on EmJay's flirt song was saying 'I'm so vain I think this song is about me' without indicating whether her sex was an issue or not.

  9. #354
    Astonishing Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post
    Doesn't help that Maguire seems to be a fan of the original Gwen Stacy and from her comments has no fond feelings for Mary Jane. Not to mention her having EmJay write three paper thin flirting songs but then backtracking super hard when people commented on it by saying EmJay and Glory are still dating.
    So annoying when writers let their bias for a character go that far lol.

    Admitedly I don't know too much about EmJay, but from what I hear she was an annoying piece of shit who later got better, and if that's the case, Maguire made her be annoying again, for some reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I get the feeling it'll end with them making out.
    With how EmJay has a weird crush on Gwen, I imagine the making out would be EmJay forcefully kissing Gwen lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, if only, though I also hope this doesn't make too much friction within The Mary Janes, given that Em Jay and Glory are indeed supposed to still be dating.
    If EmJay and Glory are still dating, then it's kinda hard to not have friction with EmJay cheating and Gwen knowing they're in a relationship and making out anyways, and Glory wouldn't be wrong at all for making drama.

    Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post
    Could just say they broke up during Gwen's time skip. Of course we still don't know whether Gwen is into girls at all. Her only comment on EmJay's flirt song was saying 'I'm so vain I think this song is about me' without indicating whether her sex was an issue or not.
    Do we know if she's even into anything? I think there were discussions here that mentioned how Gwen only even showed platonic interests in people and never anything beyond that.

  10. #355
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    With how EmJay has a weird crush on Gwen, I imagine the making out would be EmJay forcefully kissing Gwen lol.
    Two Symbiotes making out...a Venom and Carnage Symbiote making out...I don't know how to feel about this.
    Do we know if she's even into anything? I think there were discussions here that mentioned how Gwen only even showed platonic interests in people and never anything beyond that.
    There hasn't been any hard and fast confirmation of anything. She's seemed interested in guys to some extent (she kissed Miles), but not necessarily serious or significantly and she doesn't actively pursue relationships.

  11. #356
    Astonishing Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Two Symbiotes making out...a Venom and Carnage Symbiote making out...I don't know how to feel about this.
    I didn't even think about that, the Venom symbiote being forced into making out with its possible son (If that Carnage is gonna be kid of Gwen's Venom) on top of EmJay molesting Gwen, so congrats, you managed to make that situation I imagined even more uncomfortable .

    There hasn't been any hard and fast confirmation of anything. She's seemed interested in guys to some extent (she kissed Miles), but not necessarily serious or significantly and she doesn't actively pursue relationships.
    So it's the same thing as the last time I checked.

  12. #357
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    With how EmJay has a weird crush on Gwen, I imagine the making out would be EmJay forcefully kissing Gwen lol
    That's what I could see. Gwen saves EmJay from the Carnage symbiote and EmJay kisses Gwen. Gwen, however, doesn't correspond the feelings, and it gives her more of a reason to stay on 616 in order to not get in the way of EmJay and Glory.

  13. #358
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    So it's the same thing as the last time I checked.
    Yeah. It's kind of interesting to me that there was all that hullaballo about Gwen and Miles initially for Sitting in a Tree (and their future kids actually appeared more in her comic) and Into the Spider-Verse but otherwise nobody really seems all that invested in the relationship, particularly the ones writing their solo books.

  14. #359
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Yeah I had a post here discussing whether Gwen was aromantic given that she shows no interest in dating or relationships and the one time she dated Harry it came across more as a desperate attempt to be 'normal' than anything else. Likewise whenever people flirt with her she's either cheerfully oblivious (Kosei being the most blatant where he flirts and gives her his number and her response is 'Yes, making friends already!') or she shuts it down hard with varying degrees of disgust or annoyance. Let's not forget that both Harry and Peter were in love with her and she didn't notice until years alter. Glory even called her out on it:


  15. #360
    Astonishing Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    That's what I could see. Gwen saves EmJay from the Carnage symbiote and EmJay kisses Gwen. Gwen, however, doesn't correspond the feelings, and it gives her more of a reason to stay on 616 in order to not get in the way of EmJay and Glory.
    If Marvel does that as an excuse to make Gwen spend more time in 616, I'll start to wonder if they'll make Gwen go through more awkward moments between her and the rest of her supporting cast (Not necessarily kissing, just something that would make her want to get away from those people), including her father, all to eventually make her have no reason to be in 65 anymore and move permanently to 616 lol.

    I hope they don't do something like that, not only it'd colossally moronic, but it'd also make Gwen look like some immature dumbass who doesn't know how to handle her personal life and just pushes everyone away to not bother.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah. It's kind of interesting to me that there was all that hullaballo about Gwen and Miles initially for Sitting in a Tree (and their future kids actually appeared more in her comic) and Into the Spider-Verse but otherwise nobody really seems all that invested in the relationship, particularly the ones writing their solo books.
    That sitting in a tree shit was always so awkward lol.

    I think that whoever Gwen dates, if they ever decide to make her date anyone, it'd be better to be someone from her world, otherwise she'll just have more reasons to keep going to 616, and her world will get less and less focus, and that's meh lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post
    Yeah I had a post here discussing whether Gwen was aromantic given that she shows no interest in dating or relationships and the one time she dated Harry it came across more as a desperate attempt to be 'normal' than anything else. Likewise whenever people flirt with her she's either cheerfully oblivious (Kosei being the most blatant where he flirts and gives her his number and her response is 'Yes, making friends already!') or she shuts it down hard with varying degrees of disgust or annoyance. Let's not forget that both Harry and Peter were in love with her and she didn't notice until years alter. Glory even called her out on it:

    Shutting down while sounding annoyed or disgusted does point out at her being aromantic, hell, I can see myself reacting like that if someone shows romantic interest in me and I happen to notice.

    Although until Gwen herself confirms it, there could still be other interpretations of this, reacting negatively can also mean she just doesn't see that person as someone for her to date at all, which can mean she's not going to date anyone who asks, so that can mean that she'd rather find the right person and isn't gonna bother with people she's not interested, or maybe she just doesn't care about it right now, making her just not think about it, but might do so later in her life, so yeah, until she confirms in her thoughts and actually shows it, it's pretty moot.

    So basically from what you say, her being aromantic is pretty likely, but it's vague enough that there are still other possibilities.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 11-16-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •