Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 455
  1. #376
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Random thought but the Miles Morales game made me think of it. Gwen gave her hamster Pine Cone over to Bodega Bandit after his dog got eaten by the Lizard. But the first time we see said hamster was it nomming on the corndogs Gwen bulk bought to lure out the Lizards in the sewers.

    So...did Gwen just stuff her hamster into her backpack and swing around town with it? Why? That seems really weird for her since she doesn’t seem like the type to take pets along on patrol. Even worse she had to keep it from getting eaten by the Lizards, which was something she really should’ve seen coming.

  2. #377
    Astonishing Member SecretWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wasn’t there was universe spider-Gwen saw where she and Miles were married with kids?



  3. #378
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,028

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post
    Random thought but the Miles Morales game made me think of it. Gwen gave her hamster Pine Cone over to Bodega Bandit after his dog got eaten by the Lizard. But the first time we see said hamster was it nomming on the corndogs Gwen bulk bought to lure out the Lizards in the sewers.

    So...did Gwen just stuff her hamster into her backpack and swing around town with it? Why? That seems really weird for her since she doesn’t seem like the type to take pets along on patrol. Even worse she had to keep it from getting eaten by the Lizards, which was something she really should’ve seen coming.
    Considering Gwen's headspace at the time, I could believe it.

  4. #379
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post


    Considering Gwen's headspace at the time, I could believe it.
    I remember the first Spiderman vs Batman death battle I was so surprised that Spider-man won considering how much wank Batman gets in comics but in that fight they said Batman would lose with prep time but even if he had prep time so would Peter which would make Peter win all the time. Although for this fight that Gwen has against Batgirl I'm sure they will take some comic feat Batgirl did that somehow beat whatever Gwen done in her short history (which is I dont know whats her best feat?)
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

  5. #380
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I remember the first Spiderman vs Batman death battle I was so surprised that Spider-man won considering how much wank Batman gets in comics but in that fight they said Batman would lose with prep time but even if he had prep time so would Peter which would make Peter win all the time. Although for this fight that Gwen has against Batgirl I'm sure they will take some comic feat Batgirl did that somehow beat whatever Gwen done in her short history (which is I dont know whats her best feat?)
    As a combatant Gwen is pretty mediocre by Spider standards but, as mentioned before, her durability is insane and on par with Ultimate Miles. She takes electrocution, repulsor blasts, super strength hits and a pumpkin bomb going off right by her foot with little to no injuries shown. She doesn’t even bruise or look like she needs to recover.

    Her combat and stealth skills also improve by Ghost Spider. She beats Manwolf, Gwen Goblin, and matched the Storm Siblings. She probably could’ve scraped a win if Sue didn’t blackmail her.

  6. #381
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post
    Her combat and stealth skills also improve by Ghost Spider. She beats Manwolf, Gwen Goblin, and matched the Storm Siblings. She probably could’ve scraped a win if Sue didn’t blackmail her.
    The perks of shifting into a more standard Superhero .

  7. #382
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Death battle premiere:


  8. #383
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ******123 View Post
    Death battle premiere:

    honestly didnt expect Gwen to win
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

  9. #384
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    8,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    honestly didnt expect Gwen to win
    Is pretty obvious, considering that any spider outclass the entire batfamily without much trouble, at least in an arena fight, Barbara was doomed.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  10. #385
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    64,028

    Default

    Suzie Yeung is really making a name for herself in voiceover. I didn't even know about her until, like, the last three weeks .

  11. #386
    Mighty Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is pretty obvious, considering that any spider outclass the entire batfamily without much trouble, at least in an arena fight, Barbara was doomed.
    this is death battle just cause the answer is obvious doesnt it mean the outcome is true. Multiple fights had obvious winners only for that to not happen
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

  12. #387

    Default

    Read Ghost Spider: Dog Days are Over collecting Ghost Spider (2019) #1-5 from the library. Had low expectations having dropped the first volume of the book from my pull list as it was bad. This second volume was meh. Man Spider-Gwen's fallen off since Latour/Rodriguez Spider-Gwen run. Only Spider-Gwen thing I've liked after that in the comics is by Nick Spencer in The Amazing Spider-Man.

  13. #388
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Is pretty obvious, considering that any spider outclass the entire batfamily without much trouble, at least in an arena fight, Barbara was doomed.
    Yeah. Batgirl is a normal human, Ghost-Spider is what Babs would call a metahuman (though Marvel doesn't use that word). Batman might have a chance as he has plans for metas, he has countermeasures for if any of the Justice League go rogue. But the rest of the bat family? Nah.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  14. #389
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    this is death battle just cause the answer is obvious doesnt it mean the outcome is true. Multiple fights had obvious winners only for that to not happen
    Thing is, going by the original Spider-Man vs Batman fight, or Batman vs Black Panther for that matter, this was still going to be a forgone conclusion because by default, Babs was going to be limited to only the type of gear she carries on her off-hand. So by that nature, she wouldn't have anything to counter or strip Gwen of her symbiote.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  15. #390
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,819

    Default

    Yeah. She'd need a fire or sonic batarang, but Babs doesn't use those sorts of gimmicks. Steph did when she was Batgirl though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •