Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yet, Spider-Gwen was part of the event, despite her having less sense than Miles to be.
    I can't agree, since Gwen was part of the Web Warriors and Miles wasn't. Her friendship with Kaine was also pretty significant.

Miles should have been in the event in some other capacity though.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 07-18-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Clone Conspiracy was a Peter-centric Spider-Man event, with the villain specifically "reanimating"/cloning everyone he knew from Peter's life that had died on his watch. Granted, he was offering his "reanimations" to anyone that would pay, in order to buy their support and use them to spread his influence, but his plan was centered overall on making up for Peter's losses and failures, so there'd be no real reason for Miles or Jessica to get involved.
    Just the same, I don't think Slott had the best grasp on writing the other Spiders very well. I mean he had Peter be a dick to Gwen in this event and never really followed up on it.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Just the same, I don't think Slott had the best grasp on writing the other Spiders very well. I mean he had Peter be a dick to Gwen in this event and never really followed up on it.
    Slott had a problem with everyone being a @#$% to Peter too. Honestly I think Slott's partially the reason Peter and other Spider characters just don't tend to mesh well.

BANNED

Makes you wish Peter had retaliated in some way during that run and said F*k you and gone his own way leaving the others to their mess but then you got him fighting Tony over perceived slights and trying to outdick him under Slott at the other end.That was so pathetic. It seems like Peter couldn't appear in a favourable light at all under Slott no matter what.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Slott had a problem with everyone being a @#$% to Peter too. Honestly I think Slott's partially the reason Peter and other Spider characters just don't tend to mesh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkota View Post
    Makes you wish Peter had retaliated in some way during that run and said F*k you and gone his own way leaving the others to their mess but then you got him fighting Tony over perceived slights and trying to outdick him under Slott at the other end.That was so pathetic. It seems like Peter couldn't appear in a favourable light at all under Slott no matter what.
    I guess it was just how his sense of humor worked.

It's weird, Miles was maybe the one character he didn't write dunking on Pete, but then in that case Slott would always write him out of the stories lol (relegated to tie-ins in Spider-Verse, kidnapped by Regent, taken out off-panel by the Red Goblin.) So in a weird way it was probably for the best because he might have written Miles like an ******* to Pete too.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I guess it was just how his sense of humor worked.

It's weird, Miles was maybe the one character he didn't write dunking on Pete, but then in that case Slott would always write him out of the stories lol (relegated to tie-ins in Spider-Verse, kidnapped by Regent, taken out off-panel by the Red Goblin.) So in a weird way it was probably for the best because he might have written Miles like an ******* to Pete too.
    Funny enough, Miles being taken out by Red Goblin as well might have been a rebuttal to the "Miles's venom blast/strike is too overpowered!" crowd, or just an example of what, in TV Tropes' parlance, would be considered "The Worf Effect" to hype Red Goblin as the most threatening Norman Osborn had ever been.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Funny enough, Miles being taken out by Red Goblin as well might have been a rebuttal to the "Miles's venom blast/strike is too overpowered!" crowd, or just an example of what, in TV Tropes' parlance, would be considered "The Worf Effect" to hype Red Goblin as the most threatening Norman Osborn had ever been.
    This kind of reminds me in the Ultimate cartoon where it looked like Miles took out Ultimate Goblin with the Venom Blast during that big Sinister Six fight only for Ultimate Goblin to knock him out off-screen .

I see Marvel hasn't forgotten about Samantha Wilson, Captain America-65.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    My one major disappointment with the recent Ghost-Spider-Gwen run has been the lack of expansion on Earth-65's (other) heroes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

No American Dream though
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-22-2020 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ah yeah, I had almost completely forgotten about her...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Amazing Spider-Man #44 ended with a dream-within-a-dream reveal, and this last page.

"Wait, why are we in something involving Peter Parker!?" .

Smile

Chapter Eighteen of my What If 616 Gwen Stacy Had Lived? story is posted. Seeing how I make her into a modified version of Spider-Gwen (and this thread has been rather inactive lately), I'm posting the link here too for those who are interested -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1276833...wined-Destines

If so inclined,. enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Here's Madame Web Gwen from the upcoming Marvel's Realm of Champions:

Gwen as Madame Web was an odd choice but the costume is awesome. That and it's a different feel compared to Cassandra Webb and Julia Carpenter.