Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Edge of Spider-Verse #2 is Spider-Gwen's first appearance and actually begins "in medias res," with Gwen already having become Spider-Woman, her reality's Peter having died from his transformation into the Lizard, and Spider-Woman being blamed and hunted by the NYPD for that, until Spider-Woman is forced to unmask to NYPD Captain George Stacy, her father, to get him to listen to her. From there, Spider-Gwen #1 starts after the actual Spider-Verse event has been finished and all the Spiders have returned to their own realities, in which George is trying to cope with the revelation that his daughter is the wanted fugitive/vigilante Spider-Woman, and other challenges come his and Gwen's way.
    Thank you.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Thank you.
    You're welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Mention this in the thread on made over on the Marvel forum, but it's kind of weird that Ghost-Spider is being included among a bunch of other mini series. That plus the fact that we know some of the Marvel creatives got furloughed makes me believe the book might be getting it's plug pulled.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Mention this in the thread on made over on the Marvel forum, but it's kind of weird that Ghost-Spider is being included among a bunch of other mini series. That plus the fact that we know some of the Marvel creatives got furloughed makes me believe the book might be getting it's plug pulled.
    I think it was already a possibility once we didn't get solicits for future issues and the writer stopped talking about it.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    This really ticks me off. They better release the digital issues in tpbs
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it was already a possibility once we didn't get solicits for future issues and the writer stopped talking about it.
    Yeah, there was no solicit for issue 11 in the June solicitations. I think by doing this they basically just confirmed #10 is the last issue. And the ending is obvious. Banned from being a superhero in 616 due to Kamala's Law (#10 is an Outlawed tie-in, and #8 mentioned Outlawed as well), she just goes back to Earth-65 full time, ending the current status quo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, there was no solicit for issue 11 in the June solicitations. I think by doing this they basically just confirmed #10 is the last issue. And the ending is obvious. Banned from being a superhero in 616 due to Kamala's Law (#10 is an Outlawed tie-in, and #8 mentioned Outlawed as well), she just goes back to Earth-65 full time, ending the current status quo.
    Makes me wonder if McGuire is able to resolve the Storm siblings to a satisfactory extent.

Could the series be ending because of the lack of future Marvel Rising content? I don't think Ghost-Spider was pushed as much until Marvel Rising (and Into The Spiderverse) came out.

No. She's in the Spider-Man cartoon too, and did appear in Ultimate Spider-Man near the end too, so they have been pushing her outside the comics before Rising came along. It's probably ending due to low sales.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I just hope that, when things are normal again, we can have the print versions again. TV didn't kill the radio, and Digital Books can't destroy printed books. Call me analog, but nowadays, people pass too much time on a screen. Right now is becoming useful because of the epidemic, but we can't depend of it even more than we already did. It makes us vulnerable to the other kind of virus.

Ursalink, are you Silk? Cindy's nickname (from J Jonah Jameson) is Analog because she's not up to date with tech.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ursalink, are you Silk? Cindy's nickname (from J Jonah Jameson) is Analog because she's not up to date with tech.
    I have no problem with tech, but people is getting too dependable of it nowadays. Many people I know is incapable of orientating without a GPS, when I can do it with just a traditional map. Any day, we are going to have a situation where technology won't work (a solar storm or something) and people will go cuckoo. I merely say people should learn to do things without tech. You may say I'm saying nonsense, but it doesn't seem people even considered someday we would be in a situation like today's, with the pandemic.

Anyway, the moin topic here is that I hope we get printed comics once this situation won't be so bad.

Good point, can you imagine if this happened 25 years ago? No social media then, most people didn't have the Internet or mobile phones, and even if you did, video calling was impossible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have no problem with tech, but people is getting too dependable of it nowadays. Many people I know is incapable of orientating without a GPS, when I can do it with just a traditional map. Any day, we are going to have a situation where technology won't work (a solar storm or something) and people will go cuckoo. I merely say people should learn to do things without tech. You may say I'm saying nonsense, but it doesn't seem people even considered someday we would be in a situation like today's, with the pandemic.

Anyway, the moin topic here is that I hope we get printed comics once this situation won't be so bad.
    My grandmother talked about this issue years ago ( instant coffee instead of freshly ground and the use of computers instead of thinking were her pet peeves). I did not get it until a couple of years ago, now I see how right she was. They are talking about robot umpires for baseball. What we saw in movies like Demolition Man is now becoming reality in more then one way. I can easily see printed comics going the way of the dinosaur. Why? Much more profitable for Marvel, DC and the rest. Why? You eliminate the middle man ( like Diamond or comic book stores).