Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Gwen Stacy: Ghost-Spider Appreciation 2020

I'm surprised nobody already made this - the 2020 appreciation thread for Gwendolyn Maxine Stacy, AKA Spider-Gwen, AKA Ghost-Spider.

As with last year, I assume a separate thread will be made for the non-powered versions of Gwen.

And the reason I'm making this thread now is because the preview for Ghost-Spider #6 is out.
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...host-spider-6/

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

First off it looks like the band went on a multiversal concert, though judging by their lack of instruments they were attending rather than playing. Still, it's nice to see them interacting in a friendly manner rather than MJ getting into another pissing match with Gwen over something stupid. And apparently unlike literally other version of MJ outside of Michelle Jones this MJ is not a fan of the webswing ride-along. Wonder if she feels the same about the upside down kiss?

Speaking of pissing matches, I absolutely love Gwen and her dad getting into a family spat right then and there during a tense hostage situation. So far Gwen having a police captain dad while being a vigilante hasn't been too focused on - mostly it just gives her some leeway when it comes to the cops looking the other way. Placing both her and her dad in the same crime scene allows for a bit more personalized drama and allows for some of Gwen's more mischievous/rebellious traits to come out.

One thing I found interesting is that this version of Gwen actually states that she's wanted to study criminology while her dad was the one who refused her. You'd think it'd be the other way around given their personalities but it seems like Gwen really does want to follow in her father's footsteps into being a proper law enforcement agent rather than being just a superhero/vigilante - and judging by her comments about 'learning it from watching you!' it might have been present even before she got her powers. Though this does make me wonder what her degree in 616 is going to be. Is she just gonna take criminology without telling her dad? Not like he can stop her since she's the one with the portal watch and she's running a multiverse scholarship.

Happy New Year to Earth-65 Gwen Stacy .
    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    One thing I found interesting is that this version of Gwen actually states that she's wanted to study criminology while her dad was the one who refused her. You'd think it'd be the other way around given their personalities but it seems like Gwen really does want to follow in her father's footsteps into being a proper law enforcement agent rather than being just a superhero/vigilante - and judging by her comments about 'learning it from watching you!' it might have been present even before she got her powers. Though this does make me wonder what her degree in 616 is going to be. Is she just gonna take criminology without telling her dad? Not like he can stop her since she's the one with the portal watch and she's running a multiverse scholarship.
    This makes me think of Barbara Gordon.

Me too. It's been mentioned in Batgirl that Commissioner Gordon won't let Babs join the police. Gwen and Barbara actually have a lot in common.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Earth-65 Gwen Stacy .

This makes me think of Barbara Gordon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Me too. It's been mentioned in Batgirl that Commissioner Gordon won't let Babs join the police. Gwen and Barbara actually have a lot in common.
    You're not the only ones who think that:

Looks like both of them get embarrassed by their dads too.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    You're not the only ones who think that:

Looks like both of them get embarrassed by their dads too.
    Nice art... though the second one has the wrong logos - Jessica's second one, and Stephanie Brown's logo, when they should've used the logos from Edge of Spider-Verse #2 (which, remember, said Gwen Stacy: Spider-Woman, not Spider-Gwen) and New 52 or Rebirth Batgirl.