Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Earth-65 Ben was like a beat cop if I remember right.
    Correct. Got beat up by the Vulture.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I guess when you're a Venom, you have to fight Carnage.

(How much character plot development can happen in a tie-in?).

And now with Carnage back I have to pick up King in Black...
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

It seems they were legit close to pull that on Ghost-Spider. According to the writer she wanted to use Maker for the arc, he even appears in a issue, but ultimately couldn't use him due to Cates currently handling him.
    Dude you gave me a mini heart attack, the first sentence there made me think that either Evil Ben kicking Doom's ass would happen, or that evil alternate F4 were being planned lol.

Oh well, good that they're avoiding having a villain in too many places at once, at least.

Earth-65 Ben was like a beat cop if I remember right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Correct. Got beat up by the Vulture.
    Guess we'll have to wait for another universe to become popular to get an evil Ben

I guess when you're a Venom, you have to fight Carnage.

(How much character plot development can happen in a tie-in?).
    If done well, a decent amount, since Spidey's tie-in with Maximum Carnage was used to advance Spencer's plot, by making Peter remember his past, showing that Kindred knows Norman, and that Norman was very much still around (Obvious that he was, but nice to confirm for sure, specially since the way Spencer did it shower that Norman would come back in his own run).

So that means Ghost-Spider, and Valkyrie, join Black Cat on the uncancelled list. Those three all have tie-ins by their previous writers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ugh, basic factual error there. They totally omitted her ending up on 616 and instead said she was Ghost-Spider from the start, rather than Spider-Woman.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

KING IN BLACK: GWENOM VS CARNAGE #2 (OF 3)

SEANAN McGUIRE (W) • FLAVIANO (A) • Cover by KEN LASHLEY
    GWEN STACY VS. MARY JANE WATSON!
    They’ve been at each other’s throats over the band for years, but not like this. THIS battle of the bands really shreds…

So the EmJay goes to 616 or is that 616 MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ugh, basic factual error there. They totally omitted her ending up on 616 and instead said she was Ghost-Spider from the start, rather than Spider-Woman.
    Classic Marvel .

So the EmJay goes to 616 or is that 616 MJ?
    Solicit talks about the band and them being at each other's throats for years, sounds like EmJay.

Would be weird to make a tie-in about Gwen fighting MJ, I'm not even sure if they met lol.

Somehow I'm not surprised McGuire is finally writing an actual "Gwen vs. MJ" story or turns MJ into an antagonist...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Solicit talks about the band and them being at each other's throats for years, sounds like EmJay.

Would be weird to make a tie-in about Gwen fighting MJ, I'm not even sure if they met lol.
    Would be a heck of a first meeting .

But yeah, I don't know why they'd mention the band if it wasn't EmJay, who is actually relevant to (and antagonistic towards) Gwen already. Not sure how she ends up in 616 with a Carnage Symbiote though...

Gwen probably brings the band to 616 (she can still visit home, she just can't act there as Ghost-Spider) and then Em Jay gets infected.

Fantastic Member

This is the quote:

"I could not be feeling better or more excited right now! You can expect a lot of swinging (and kicking) high, yelling loud, and general chaos," McGuire said when King in Black: Gwenom vs. Carnage was announced in October. "I've missed Gwen so much, this is really a gift." While Gwen previously gained a Symbiote during the original run of Spider-Gwen, hers is man-made. The King in Black miniseries will see Knull, the god of symbiotes, invade Earth-65, with Gwenom forced to defend her home.

So Knull invades Earth-65 meaning it takes place there. People are debating whether this is 616 Carnage infecting EmJay or maybe Earth-65 Carnage awakened somehow by Knull.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gwen probably brings the band to 616 (she can still visit home, she just can't act there as Ghost-Spider) and then Em Jay gets infected.
    I think it's more likely that a symbioite manages to hitch a ride and follow her back to Earth-65.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.