Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    That’s not even the main issue. Look at how Maguire writes Mary Jane or how she sets up plots that go nowhere and continously have **** payoff. Her being in Earth-65 exclusively doesn’t fix these issues.
    It certainly would help. You can't take any character away from their supporting cast and heck even their world and expect them to flourish. And before someone brings up Miles they brought Miles' entire supporting cast (or most of it) over with him and fit them into 616, so he's a special nay unique case. If, for example, you dropped Bruce Wayne alone into the Flash Point World he would surely flounder.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-20-2020 at 10:42 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It certainly would help. You can't take any character away from their supporting cast and heck even their world and expect them to flourish. And before someone brings up Miles they brought Miles' entire supporting cast (or most of it) over with him and fit them into 616, so he's a special nay unique case. If, for example, you dropped Bruce Wayne alone into the Flash Point World he would surely flounder.
    Would that even work when their supporting cast is glaringly out of character? Mary Jane goes from supportive friend to resentful complainer, the Hero for Hire app seems to be just gone, May and Ben Parker have disappeared off the face of the earth despite Gwen living right next to them, Man-Wolf is a pathetic replacement for Murdock and even Gwen’s plotline with the suit ended with ‘he hungri’. I have no reason to believe that the Storm siblings won’t just be equally anti-climactic.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Would that even work when their supporting cast is glaringly out of character? Mary Jane goes from supportive friend to resentful complainer, the Hero for Hire app seems to be just gone, May and Ben Parker have disappeared off the face of the earth despite Gwen living right next to them, Man-Wolf is a pathetic replacement for Murdock and even Gwen’s plotline with the suit ended with ‘he hungri’. I have no reason to believe that the Storm siblings won’t just be equally anti-climactic.
    Fair enough, everything has certainly gone to **** in the last year or so (maybe longer), I'll give you that. Spider-Gwen and her world desperately need a reset. The situation is sad considering how great and dynamic everything with the character once was.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-20-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Fantastic Member

Fair enough, everything has certainly gone to **** in the last year or so (maybe longer), I'll give you that. Spider-Gwen and her world desperately need a reset. The situation is sad considering how great and dynamic everything with the character once was.
    Beyond just Maguire you’re right that the transition to 616 made it worse. Even in Latour’s run the constant dimension hopping really fucked with the scale and took away from that street level hero charm.

That's true, the only Miles supporting cast that didn't come over to 616 are characters with 616 counterparts, which means anyone he inherited from Peter, basically. The biggest casualty was Jessica Drew, who is very different from her 616 counterpart and actually has Scarlet Spider's origin. She would've needed both a new civilian name and a new codename - her two codenames were Spider-Woman and Black Widow.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-21-2020 at 05:57 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's true, the only Miles supporting cast that didn't come over to 616 are characters with 616 counterparts, which means anyone he inherited from Peter, basically. The biggest casualty was Jessica Drew, who is very different from her 616 counterpart and actually has Scarlet Spider's origin. She would've needed both a new civilian name and a new codename - her two codenames were Spider-Woman and Black Widow.
    Yeah, I miss Jess as a regular in Miles' books a great deal. Oh well, we can't have everything I suppose...

Meh, I'm going, to be honest, I don't care if her latest series is over. Gwen hasn't been interesting, IMO, since she left the 65 Universe. Send the poor girl home where she belongs. Let Spider-Gwen be Spider-Gwen rather than stripping her of everything that made her unique so she can hang out in 616.

PREACH, I agree with everything you just said. Her run just isn’t the same anymore under maguire’s influence. I wouldn’t mind if her run got canceled as well tbh

Honestly, I think it has been. Here's why. Issue 10 is an Outlawed tie-in. What if CRADLE find out Ghost-Spider has been seen around ESU, and raid the university? Gwen might decide that it isn't safe on 616 any more. So she stays away from a while, ending the current status quo, and the book.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Honestly, I think it has been. Here's why. Issue 10 is an Outlawed tie-in. What if CRADLE find out Ghost-Spider has been seen around ESU, and raid the university? Gwen might decide that it isn't safe on 616 any more. So she stays away from a while, ending the current status quo, and the book.
    It just seems like an odd point to end the book on.

But some titles do take a month off...

The previous volume also ended on issue 10 though. It would fall neatly at the end of a TPB.

Unfortunately, there's another problem too, as with the Coronavirus, I can see a whole bunch of titles being missing from the July solicitations due to delays.

The previous volume also ended on issue 10 though. It would fall neatly at the end of a TPB.

Unfortunately, there's another problem too, as with the Coronavirus, I can see a whole bunch of titles being missing from the July solicitations due to delays.
    Do you think those decisions were made early enough to affect the July solicitations?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

After last night's news from Diamond, I now don't think there'll be a July solicitations at all.

Gwen's book was canned for either sales or the virus outbreak.

THis is going to sound like a dumb question.

I have seen Spider Gwen showing up all over the place. Does she have her own series that I can read to get in on her? I saw int he post above me that it was cancelled. What was so maybe I can find what was out and read it? Thanks for the help.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    THis is going to sound like a dumb question.

I have seen Spider Gwen showing up all over the place. Does she have her own series that I can read to get in on her? I saw int he post above me that it was cancelled. What was so maybe I can find what was out and read it? Thanks for the help.
    Yes, it's currently titled "Ghost Spider."