Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Be kind of a weird meeting between the three of them (if it ever happened).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Norman would have a heart attack from seeing Gwen alive and with spider-powers no less.

Astonishing Member

Definitely! And I'm quite impatient to see this happening. It would be nice to see Spider-Gwen beating the Green Goblin in retaliation of killing her counterpart.

Fantastic Member

So here’s something that never comes up again: Gwen’s Venom allows her to turn invisible?

Wow, that is an extremely useful skill that she NEVER uses ever again! You’d think the abilitiy to go invisible would be something she’d keep. I know some comics depict Venom being capable of camouflage but its so rare that I’m certain authors have legit forgotten about it. Also, her suit seems bonded more at a Carnage molecular level than normal Venom. When 65-Sue Storm tried to choke her out with a force bubble in the face Gwen says she can feel the suit in her lungs and so she could breath through the suit like a full body tracheotomy.

This thing really needs to be explored more. Can she even remove it like Flash, Eddie and Peter can if it’s really attached to her lungs and she can breath through it? Seems more like the Crysis nanosuit than anything. Makes me wonder how much of her body is still her normal flesh and how much is just symbiote biomass like Alex Mercer.

Gwen Stacy's all-purpose Symbiote suit .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    So here’s something that never comes up again: Gwen’s Venom allows her to turn invisible?

Wow, that is an extremely useful skill that she NEVER uses ever again! You’d think the abilitiy to go invisible would be something she’d keep. I know some comics depict Venom being capable of camouflage but its so rare that I’m certain authors have legit forgotten about it. Also, her suit seems bonded more at a Carnage molecular level than normal Venom. When 65-Sue Storm tried to choke her out with a force bubble in the face Gwen says she can feel the suit in her lungs and so she could breath through the suit like a full body tracheotomy.

This thing really needs to be explored more. Can she even remove it like Flash, Eddie and Peter can if it’s really attached to her lungs and she can breath through it? Seems more like the Crysis nanosuit than anything. Makes me wonder how much of her body is still her normal flesh and how much is just symbiote biomass like Alex Mercer.
    Those are some good points you bring up, especially since Gwen's Venom is somewhat similar to the Crysis nanosuit in terms of being a synthetic creation reverse-engineered from an extraterrestrial source (biological in Venom's case, technological in the nanosuit's case).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Those are some good points you bring up, especially since Gwen's Venom is somewhat similar to the Crysis nanosuit in terms of being a synthetic creation reverse-engineered from an extraterrestrial source (biological in Venom's case, technological in the nanosuit's case).
    Yep. Reminds me of this scene:

Like if they do a deep scan on Gwen is her body just half made up of the Venom suit now? I made a joke before that Gwen is technically always naked now since she uses the suit to change outfits instead of putting on clothes but is she literally pulling an Alex Mercer where chunks of her flesh are just replaced with symbiote mass?

Like if they do a deep scan on Gwen is her body just half made up of the Venom suit now? I made a joke before that Gwen is technically always naked now since she uses the suit to change outfits instead of putting on clothes but is she literally pulling an Alex Mercer where chunks of her flesh are just replaced with symbiote mass?
    To be honest, I've been wondering this for a while. When was the last time she changed clothes normally?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Yep. Reminds me of this scene:

To be honest, I've been wondering this for a while. When was the last time she changed clothes normally?
    You could say the same of any and all symbiote hosts, since the most common use of a bonded symbiote is camouflaging it as any type of clothing the host wants. Funny you bring up Prototype, since Ultimate Venom was basically a human-engineered version of the Venom symbiote before Prototype established the Blacklight Virus that could grant its host similar shapeshifting and combat abilities to Venom. Hell, if they made a Venom game, I could see it taking inspiration from Prototype.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah, didn't Peter do the same thing, using the symbiote as clothing, when he had the Venom symbiote (before it was called Venom!)? I know he did in the 90s cartoon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, didn't Peter do the same thing, using the symbiote as clothing, when he had the Venom symbiote (before it was called Venom!)? I know he did in the 90s cartoon.
    Yes. Whole symbiote period ended with Spider-Man finding himself in Baxter Building dressed only on his underwear.

Almost every Symbiote user does this. I think Flash Thompson had a bit more of decency. But Eddie Brock as recently as the Mike Costa run more or less always went around in his undies, letting the Symbiote shapeshift into clothes.

Fantastic Member

King in Black handbook cover includes Gwenom:

The solicit: "This issue covers not only symbiote hosts such as Venom (Eddie Brock), Carnage (Cletus Kasady) and Lee Price, but also characters whom symbiotes have affected: Victoria Montesi! Ghost-Spider (Gwen Stacy)! Dylan Brock! Ann Weying! Plus: a profile of Knull, the King of Black himself! And from the pages of THOR: the All-Black - the first symbiote!"

It seems like Gwen isn’t considered a mainline host since she’s placed in the ‘characters symbiotes have affected‘ pile. Probably due to her having an artificial Venom.

King in Black handbook cover includes Gwenom:

The solicit: "This issue covers not only symbiote hosts such as Venom (Eddie Brock), Carnage (Cletus Kasady) and Lee Price, but also characters whom symbiotes have affected: Victoria Montesi! Ghost-Spider (Gwen Stacy)! Dylan Brock! Ann Weying! Plus: a profile of Knull, the King of Black himself! And from the pages of THOR: the All-Black - the first symbiote!"

It seems like Gwen isn’t considered a mainline host since she’s placed in the ‘characters symbiotes have affected‘ pile. Probably due to her having an artificial Venom.
    Being from an AU might be a factor as well.

Gwen's teaming up with Carol.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman