Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 137
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member jetengine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    2,416

    Default

    Just make Gwen Bi. That way you can leave both doors open

  2. #62
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Just make Gwen Bi. That way you can leave both doors open
    Uh...where’d this come from?

  3. #63
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,024

    Default

    I think that was a response to the conversation about MJ apparently being in love with Gwen, to the point that she was writing songs about her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  4. #64
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think that was a response to the conversation about MJ apparently being in love with Gwen, to the point that she was writing songs about her.
    Would Marvel really go for it, though? They might be afraid of alienating some readers if Gwen ended up with a female love interest.

  5. #65
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,024

    Default

    I don't personally think they would, no. Unrequited love is a thing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #66
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Marvel seems to be having fun...



    Of course, I find Spider-Gwen not having drums to be a crime against the Gweniverse.
    I guess this was the only result from all those covers...

  7. #67
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,024

    Default

    The designs don't match. Also, the Mighty Avengers cover called her Cap-Gwen America, not Captain Gwen-merica.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Gwen_Variants
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #68
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Would Marvel really go for it, though? They might be afraid of alienating some readers if Gwen ended up with a female love interest.
    Besides in certain media, Marvel is pushing (hard) the Gwen/Miles ship.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  9. #69
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Besides in certain media, Marvel is pushing (hard) the Gwen/Miles ship.
    Sony is pushing hard for it in the Spider-Verse movies.

  10. #70
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Ghost Spider 10 will be a tie-in to Outlawed:



    God damn this premise is fucking dumb, especially Gwen’s inclusion in it. At her VERY youngest she’s 19, so she’s very much a legal adult. That and the fact that she’s from another dimension totally kills her investment in this. She doesn’t even do her main hero work in 616! This’d be like if Sue and Johnny tried to enforce this ban on Alpha Flight or something. They’d just go back to Canada.

    The other option is that the cover is a fakeout and that’s Earth-65 Johnny and Sue since they were reference last chapter, but even then smacking OUTLAWED in the cover isn’t a good sign.

  11. #71
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Ghost Spider 10 will be a tie-in to Outlawed:



    God damn this premise is fucking dumb, especially Gwen’s inclusion in it. At her VERY youngest she’s 19, so she’s very much a legal adult. That and the fact that she’s from another dimension totally kills her investment in this. She doesn’t even do her main hero work in 616! This’d be like if Sue and Johnny tried to enforce this ban on Alpha Flight or something. They’d just go back to Canada.

    The other option is that the cover is a fakeout and that’s Earth-65 Johnny and Sue since they were reference last chapter, but even then smacking OUTLAWED in the cover isn’t a good sign.
    The law effects up to 21-year olds.

    That being said...I think this cover does take place on Earth-65 because Sue's costume isn't the black and blue costume she's sporting now, so it might be the Earth-65 Storm siblings with their 616 powersets. Maybe Gwen goes back to her own Earth to avoid the heat of Outlawed but gets stuck fighting the Storm siblings.

  12. #72
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Marvel seems to be having fun...



    Of course, I find Spider-Gwen not having drums to be a crime against the Gweniverse.
    Every time you think you can't see anything that surprises you....

    Just why they didn't add Black Widow/Gwen too?

    And are they going to do now the same but with Mary Jane's covers?

  13. #73
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,024

    Default

    Like I said already, those AREN'T from the variant covers, they're new designs.

    And as for the new cover, it is possible they just incorrectly coloured Sue's costume. I guess the reference to the FF last issue was foreshadowing.

    Solicit:

    Gwen Stacy has served hard time in prison on Earth-65 for her dalliances as the superhero known as GHOST-SPIDER… Will EARTH-616 be next?!

    And just what exactly is the Maker up to on Earth-65? And what part does GWENOM play in his schemes?


    https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...host-spider-10
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-14-2020 at 03:40 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  14. #74
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Like I said already, those AREN'T from the variant covers, they're new designs.

    And as for the new cover, it is possible they just incorrectly coloured Sue's costume. I guess the reference to the FF last issue was foreshadowing.

    Solicit:

    Gwen Stacy has served hard time in prison on Earth-65 for her dalliances as the superhero known as GHOST-SPIDER… Will EARTH-616 be next?!

    And just what exactly is the Maker up to on Earth-65? And what part does GWENOM play in his schemes?


    https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...host-spider-10
    Well, she was Spider-Woman at the time, but okay...but yeah, gotta stuck to be on the run from the law again on another Earth.

  15. #75
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    21,024
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •