Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 284
  1. #181
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    The problem is Miles’s supporting characters and relationship dynamics came with him to 616. Who does Gwen have in 616? No one aside from Peter and Miles who habe their own shit to deal with. And Benji, who the narrative just fucking forgot about. Seriously, WE know she died but Gwen makes no attempt to search for her or wonders where she went? There’s also Koshei who was introduced as possibly being important before also being forgotten about.
    And this is the problem when you try and really force a character into your main universe who wasn't designed for it.

    I guess Bendis' lack of universe-specific world-building for Miles outside Peter's death worked out in the long run .

  2. #182

    Default

    I was enjoying this Ghost-Spider run, but Eratas pretty much summed up how I feel about this last issue. There are too many loose ends, especially with the Jackle still on Earth-65.

    Oh well though, they had to find a way to make Gwen a part of Outlawed for Champions and Kindred for The Amazing Spider-Man and this is it. I'm still new to reading "main comics" and not spin-offs, but conclusions like this are why I'm happy I'm not invested into the series I follow.

  3. #183
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Oh well though, they had to find a way to make Gwen a part of Outlawed for Champions and Kindred for The Amazing Spider-Man and this is it. I'm still new to reading "main comics" and not spin-offs, but conclusions like this are why I'm happy I'm not invested into the series I follow.
    I never thought about it, but I guess she can tie-in to that now.

  4. #184
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Let’s not forget the Maker, who also has plans for Gwen’s symbiote. Geez Maguire really bloated this story up.

  5. #185
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    22,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    The problem is Miles’s supporting characters and relationship dynamics came with him to 616. Who does Gwen have in 616? No one aside from Peter and Miles who habe their own shit to deal with. And Benji, who the narrative just fucking forgot about. Seriously, WE know she died but Gwen makes no attempt to search for her or wonders where she went? There’s also Koshei who was introduced as possibly being important before also being forgotten about.
    That's a good point. She always went home to Earth-65 to eat and sleep, so she's actually homeless now. Presumably she'll have to ask Peter about that, but I don't think he's financially in a position to help. I suppose she could pay Anya a visit? She'll have recently had to find a place to live herself, after she left Earth-001 in Spider-Geddon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #186
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's a good point. She always went home to Earth-65 to eat and sleep, so she's actually homeless now. Presumably she'll have to ask Peter about that, but I don't think he's financially in a position to help. I suppose she could pay Anya a visit? She'll have recently had to find a place to live herself, after she left Earth-001 in Spider-Geddon.
    She’ll probably bunk somewhere Peter sets her up with. Or school dorms, which she should be entitled to given that her tuition is paid for with her scholarship.

  7. #187
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    I'd say it's probably more likely that she'll end up crashing with Cindy or Jessica.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

  8. #188
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'd say it's probably more likely that she'll end up crashing with Cindy or Jessica.
    Probably jessica, but I vote for Cindy. Probably way funnier and she lives alone vs Jessica with a boyfriend and baby.

  9. #189
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I never thought about it, but I guess she can tie-in to that now.
    She had already been teased as being part of the Kindred storyline anyway.

  10. #190
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Probably jessica, but I vote for Cindy. Probably way funnier and she lives alone vs Jessica with a boyfriend and baby.
    Well, Cindy's ghost boyfriend might pop in from time to time and make things awkward .
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    She had already been teased as being part of the Kindred storyline anyway.
    I was kind of wondering if this was still relevant, because SpOck isn't even a thing anymore.

  11. #191
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I suppose she could pay Anya a visit? She'll have recently had to find a place to live herself, after she left Earth-001 in Spider-Geddon.
    It would make sense if they end up as roomies. Anya has apartment all by herself, they're both around the same age, and they know each other. Hell, they could even attend the same university.

    Considering that their friendship in MSM was probably one of the best received aspects of the show, maybe they might capitalize on that (albeit very late since it will be way over by the time a upcoming comic comes out). Also adding that reprint they're doing of Araña and that we know that she's going to show up in a upcoming comic, maybe we could see a "Ghost-Spider/Spider-Girl" series in the near future?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was kind of wondering if this was still relevant, because SpOck isn't even a thing anymore.
    : puts tin foil hat: Turns out Kindred is related to Mephosto and taking out SpOck first was part of the plan.

  12. #192
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Considering that their friendship in MSM was probably one of the best received aspects of the show, maybe they might capitalize on that (albeit very late since it will be way over by the time a upcoming comic comes out). Also adding that reprint they're doing of Araña and that we know that she's going to show up in a upcoming comic, maybe we could see a "Ghost-Spider/Spider-Girl" series in the near future?
    Of the little fanart I have seen from the show, a lot of it has been GwenxAnya (and PeterxHarry).

  13. #193
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Of the little fanart I have seen from the show, a lot of it has been GwenxAnya (and PeterxHarry).
    Speaking of Gwen and Anya:



    Gwen looks like she wants to speak to the manager. Is it bad that I can see comics Gwen actually becoming like this considering how her run’s been going?

  14. #194
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    22,724

    Default

    Latour accused of harassment in 2017. The alleged victim came forward after the news about former Batgirl writer Cameron Stewart the other day.
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-gwen-co-c...ed-harassment/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  15. #195
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Latour accused of harassment in 2017. The alleged victim came forward after the news about former Batgirl writer Cameron Stewart the other day.
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-gwen-co-c...ed-harassment/
    There go the chances of Spider-Gwen getting extremely popular again...
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •