Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gwen's teaming up with Carol.
    I guess these Marvel Action Carol books must sell well .

Gwen is such a teenager .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    King in Black handbook cover includes Gwenom:

The solicit: "This issue covers not only symbiote hosts such as Venom (Eddie Brock), Carnage (Cletus Kasady) and Lee Price, but also characters whom symbiotes have affected: Victoria Montesi! Ghost-Spider (Gwen Stacy)! Dylan Brock! Ann Weying! Plus: a profile of Knull, the King of Black himself! And from the pages of THOR: the All-Black - the first symbiote!"

It seems like Gwen isn’t considered a mainline host since she’s placed in the ‘characters symbiotes have affected‘ pile. Probably due to her having an artificial Venom.
    If Ghost-Spider-Gwen makes an appearance in King in Black . . . I hope that means the relaunch of her solo.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Amazing Member

How old is Gwen now btw? 19?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSJG View Post
    ISTR that she was stated to be 19 sometimes early in her publication history, so I guess she could be around 20-21 by now, depending on how quickly you perceive sliding timeline to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    ISTR that she was stated to be 19 sometimes early in her publication history, so I guess she could be around 20-21 by now, depending on how quickly you perceive sliding timeline to work?
    At the rate she and Miles are aging and Marvel refusing to age 616 Peter my joke about him being the same age as them may soon come to pass, awkward, lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSJG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yeah, according to the handbook-style entry written about her in the back of Spider-Gwen #1 post-Secret Wars, she was first bitten by the radioactive spider at the age of 16 and for most of the original series, she was about 19 years old. Then she did a year's worth of time in a prison for superhumans after turning herself in, so she should be about 20 at this point, though the more recent writer depicted her as if she'd just finished high school and was still a teenager.

The hell is Gwen up to now? She still commuting to 616 and being harassed by both Miles Warrens?

Warren-616 is stuck on Earth-65 and killed his counterpart there. Having been blackmailed by Sue and Johnny Storm of Earth-65, Gwen is now permanently on 616.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The hell is Gwen up to now? She still commuting to 616 and being harassed by both Miles Warrens?
    She's in 616 full-time, more or less, thanks to Sue and Johnny Storm from her reality basically bullying her into retiring as a superhero by threatening to frame her for their crimes and ruin her father's good name by association with a costumed vigilante-apparently-turned-outright-criminal. (In a nutshell, "We're beloved celebrities and you're a freak everyone still distrusts and looks at funny; who do you think they'll believe if you say anything?") Her reality's Warren is dead, though, at the hands of 616-Warren, who has since been trapped in that same reality, if I recall right.

Edit: Digifiend beat me to it with a more concise answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Warren-616 is stuck on Earth-65 and killed his counterpart there. Having been blackmailed by Sue and Johnny Storm of Earth-65, Gwen is now permanently on 616.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    She's in 616 full-time, more or less, thanks to Sue and Johnny Storm from her reality basically bullying her into retiring as a superhero by threatening to frame her for their crimes and ruin her father's good name by association with a costumed vigilante-apparently-turned-outright-criminal. (In a nutshell, "We're beloved celebrities and you're a freak everyone still distrusts and looks at funny; who do you think they'll believe if you say anything?") Her reality's Warren is dead, though, at the hands of 616-Warren, who has since been trapped in that same reality, if I recall right.

Edit: Digifiend beat me to it with a more concise answer.
    Why are those lil' cunts even doing that? Sheesh lol

Ironic for Warren to be stuck in the Earth he went to to get a Gwen, only for her to leave that world and go back to his'.

Wish that means we won't see that creep for a few years, or at least months...

Why are those lil' cunts even doing that? Sheesh lol

Ironic for Warren to be stuck in the Earth he went to to get a Gwen, only for her to leave that world and go back to his'.

Wish that means we won't see that creep for a few years, or at least months...
    Long story made short, the Earth-65 versions of Sue and Johnny are villains currently passing as heroes. From what I can remember, they started off as (social media) celebrities who disappeared (or were kidnapped) roughly five years before the start of the series, were recruited and empowered by Victor Von Doom, ruler of Latveria until they secretly overthrew him, but then got tired of playing shadow dictators and wanted to bask in more public adulation and admiration like when they were celebrities, so they went back to America, claiming they'd escaped from their kidnappers and set up shop as beloved celebrity heroes. Gwen eventually got wise to their scam, but then, as said in my earlier post, they intimidated her into retiring as a superhero and fleeing her own dimension by threatening what was left of her struggling reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Long story made short, the Earth-65 versions of Sue and Johnny are villains currently passing as heroes. From what I can remember, they started off as (social media) celebrities who disappeared (or were kidnapped) roughly five years before the start of the series, were recruited and empowered by Victor Von Doom, ruler of Latveria until they secretly overthrew him, but then got tired of playing shadow dictators and wanted to bask in more public adulation and admiration like when they were celebrities, so they went back to America, claiming they'd escaped from their kidnappers and set up shop as beloved celebrity heroes. Gwen eventually got wise to their scam, but then, as said in my earlier post, they intimidated her into retiring as a superhero and fleeing her own dimension by threatening what was left of her struggling reputation.
    So we have Maker being an evil Reed who basically replaced Doom, 65 Sue and Johnny who overthrew 65-Doom and are villains too.

My question is obvious, where's the Evil-Ben who's gonna make Doom his bitch? And when are they going to make a wacky evil F4 from different timelines?

Thanks for the info by the way.

Fantastic Member

It'd be pretty funny if 616-Jackal dealt with the Storms while Gwen's away since he's pissed that they basically blocked his attempts to go after a superpowered Gwen Stacy. Considering he killed 65-Jackal (and killed off all his plot foreshadowing...) for making fun of his obsession I wouldn't be surprised if the Storms are now on his shitlist.

My question is obvious, where's the Evil-Ben who's gonna make Doom his bitch? And when are they going to make a wacky evil F4 from different timelines?
    It seems they were legit close to pull that on Ghost-Spider. According to the writer she wanted to use Maker for the arc, he even appears in a issue, but ultimately couldn't use him due to Cates currently handling him.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 10-13-2020 at 09:25 AM.

So we have Maker being an evil Reed who basically replaced Doom, 65 Sue and Johnny who overthrew 65-Doom and are villains too.

Thanks for the info by the way.
    Earth-65 Ben was like a beat cop if I remember right.