Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I have no problem with tech, but people is getting too dependable of it nowadays. Many people I know is incapable of orientating without a GPS, when I can do it with just a traditional map. Any day, we are going to have a situation where technology won't work (a solar storm or something) and people will go cuckoo. I merely say people should learn to do things without tech. You may say I'm saying nonsense, but it doesn't seem people even considered someday we would be in a situation like today's, with the pandemic.

Anyway, the moin topic here is that I hope we get printed comics once this situation won't be so bad.
    My grandmother talked about this issue years ago ( instant coffee instead of freshly ground and the use of computers instead of thinking were her pet peeves). I did not get it until a couple of years ago, now I see how right she was. They are talking about robot umpires for baseball. What we saw in movies like Demolition Man is now becoming reality in more then one way. I can easily see printed comics going the way of the dinosaur. Why? Much more profitable for Marvel, DC and the rest. Why? You eliminate the middle man ( like Diamond or comic book stores).

Don't forget issue 9 is out today, guys!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Not related to today's issue but from a few issues ago, but since 616 Jackel (or is it technically one of his clones?) is now in Earth-65, does that mean we could one day maybe get either a Spider-Gwen clone saga or a Clone of 616 Peter with his powers in Earth 65?

Fantastic Member

Read Ghost Spider 9

spoilers:

I like that Gwen isn't a dumbass. I know that seems obvious but, as much as I love the previous Latour run, Gwen could be naive to the point of being too dumb to live with how she behaved at times. Here she immediately pegs that the Storms aren't on the up and up and handles herself well, showing a tad more maturity due to her previous experiences. She even makes a point to continously question where the Storms got their powers rather than just accepting it even when they deflect. Latour Gwen probably wouldn't have realized something was wrong till the Storms sudden yet inevitable betrayal.

I also like Gwen's talk with her dad, but it also kinda feels off. Her dad gives her grief because of her fire rescue and she fires back about him also risking his life when he could retire and get pension. The argument is nice and shows how firm they are in their beliefs, but Latour already did this at the end of his SG run where Goerge gives her grief and Gwen admits she does it out of responsibility. They essentially just repeated the argument except it has an Outlawed twist due to Gwen still being pissy about the new law that, quite frankly, she shouldn't give a **** about since she goes to 616 for schooling and nothing else.

She also talks with Bodega Bandit, but eh it didn't do anything for me. Same old same old.

So it seems like the Storms are confirmed evil now. We saw them essentially murder their mom off-panel and making jokes about burying her in the kitchen marble. Note though that Sue 's costume has her wearing what looks like Doom's cloak, and given that we see Doom in the flashback I'm assuming they're either a plant by Doom or they both killed him and escaped.

I do like that it seems we're shifting out of the 616 merge for a spell. Gwen even says she's skipping classes but that her profs would understand. Likewise the plot here is that during their team-up Gwen directs the Storms to help her fight Man-Wolf's gang, showing some more initiative on that plotline and hopefully we got SOME form of resolution. Gwen does seem to warm a bit to the Storms at the end, noting they're nicer than she thought, but it seems pretty clear that she still doesn't trust them.

One thing that bugs me is that Gwen does mention Peter and the Parkers by name here, but again where the **** are they? Gwen's angst of over her Peter's death and her subsequent strained relationship with the Parkers, especially Ben, was one of the long-running sideplots in the old run. The last time we saw Ben and May they attended her trial and when Gwen was released from prison Ben still seemed to hate her. You'd think they would show a scene of Gwen trying to mend bridges or Ben permanently cutting her off but no, they just apparently never saw each other again despite being neighbors.

Regardless, I've heard rumors that Issue 10 might be the last due to lack of sales. If so it'd be a shame, but even then I'm guessing she'll just get another relaunch - especially considering that Spider-Woman and Silk have received ongoings and the Spiderverse side-sequel is about Gwen teaming up with Cindy and Jessica. After spiderverse and her animated appearances Gwen seems like an easy cash flow and Marvel won't leave her dormant for long since she's even more profitable than before.
    end of spoilers

Another thing is when Gwen checks her Hero for Hire emails she mentions being asked to sponsor a dating site and that request alone makes her add an '(ew)' comment. Why? This is like the third or fourth time this happens. Any time dating is even mentioned outside of when Harry asked her out she gets annoyed, huffy or disgusted. Feels like an odd trait, especially since it happens multiple times at this point. Does she just not like people having crushes on Ghost Spider?

Bear in mind, #11 wasn't solicited for June and Seanan McGuire is refusing to answer queries. I think the book was sent to digital to be burned off. And now that the book is digital exclusive, there won't be advance solicitations. We'll have to wait for #10's release to be sure it's the last one. Even if #11 exists, we wouldn't hear about it until #10's release.

Thanks to the current virus crisis, they'll probably cut the quantity of releases, so I wouldn't expect a quick relaunch. Silk may end up as a mini now too.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Family Feud by Stephen Bryne. Battle of the cops' daughters!
    https://twitter.com/StephenByrne86/s...854400/photo/1

And Peter is where?

On page 3, I assume. He's uploading a page a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I love how the Batfamily is overwhelming the Spiders.

Poor Gwen...

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This is cool but Babs wouldn’t be able to lay a finger on Gwen. She would wipe the floor with Babs.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    This is cool but Babs wouldn’t be able to lay a finger on Gwen. She would wipe the floor with Babs.
    I guess her Spider-Sense would've warned her in time, but don't underestimate Batgirl...

I still give it to the spider team although this comic is really making it look one sided
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Page 3:

Oh hey, Peter got a moment .

Astonishing Member

Page 3:
    It's quite stupid and old the whole "hero vs hero" thing. Batman will always want to fight because he's as mad as his friends of Arkham, but Spider-Man would go "We are all supposed to be the good guys, so why are we wasting time punching each other instead of going after the bad guys?". Even when Spidey is all right, Batman will just ignore and fight him just because.