Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Nah, she's completely divorced from him at this point. Worst thing that could happen, he never gets to write her again and the trades of his run will be veeeeery sporadically released at best. Marvel will simply push works from other writers instead of his. Marvel is not going to let a very popular character go to waste.

I always got creepy vibes from him tbh. I do recall that on twitter I searched for the Web Warriors tag when it was publishing and a cosplayer put up her pics of her Gwen cosplay, to which he replied that he is the creator of Spider-Gwen and if he could send her comics and get her info. Very creepy in a public forum like twitter :/

Oddly enough, her move to 616 couldn't have come at a better timing then. Now they can potentially ignore anything Latour form this point on.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 06-23-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, Gwen's too much of a cash cow now and Latour hasn't written her in over a year. Same with people crapping on Miles Morales as Bendis' creator's pet but after he left and the new author (plus Spider-Verse) got a hold of him people are pretty cool with Miles again. Sadly, Maguire didn't exactly leave a good impression...

Anybody remember when Robbi Rodriguez and Latour was being all self-righteous with Frank Cho awhile back over the way he drew Ghost-Spider? Kind of puts it all in a new hilarious light.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Yeah, Gwen's too much of a cash cow now and Latour hasn't written her in over a year. Same with people crapping on Miles Morales as Bendis' creator's pet but after he left and the new author (plus Spider-Verse) got a hold of him people are pretty cool with Miles again. Sadly, Maguire didn't exactly leave a good impression...
    The people who hated Miles, still hate Miles. It's about Miles skin color not writing or anything else. They just have to deal with Miles now. He huge's now because the game and Spider-Verse.

That's really disappointing to hear, it's really saddening so many creators who are ladies are treated like this. It's not good for the industry, we'd be better with more female voices writing and drawing comics, they shouldn't be driven away or given the extra pressures of pervy dudes being pervy or gatekeeping.

Saw some stuff about Robbi out there just now, too.
    Last edited by Spidey_62; 06-23-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Kind of puts Hannah Blumenreich's issue of Spider-Gwen, in which the Mary Janes (minus Gwen) had to deal with Mary Jane being harassed by some guy who used to date Liz Allan, with Liz (and initially Glory as well) blaming Em Jay for trying to seduce him even though he was dating Liz at the time before the real truth came out, in a harsher light, since she's been cited in the same article. And in retrospect, I have a sinking feeling about Matt "Murderdock" and his attempts to coerce and corrupt Gwen. That said, I do agree with Spidey_62 that great creators with something to say and something to contribute shouldn't be hounded out of the comic book industry (to say nothing of the fandom) by creepers or gatekeepers.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    That's really disappointing to hear, it's really saddening so many creators who are ladies are treated like this. It's not good for the industry, we'd be better with more female voices writing and drawing comics, they shouldn't be driven away or given the extra pressures of pervy dudes being pervy or gatekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Kind of puts Hannah Blumenreich's issue of Spider-Gwen, in which the Mary Janes (minus Gwen) had to deal with Mary Jane being harassed by some guy who used to date Liz Allan, with Liz (and initially Glory as well) blaming Em Jay for trying to seduce him even though he was dating Liz at the time before the real truth came out, in a harsher light, since she's been cited in the same article. And in retrospect, I have a sinking feeling about Matt "Murderdock" and his attempts to coerce and corrupt Gwen. That said, I do agree with Spidey_62 that great creators with something to say and something to contribute shouldn't be hounded out of the comic book industry (to say nothing of the fandom) by creepers or gatekeepers.
    I wonder at what point it gets to be too much for the powers that be that are either letting this happen or becoming more aware of it that they need to instill actual change.
    The comics gatekeepers and creepers, whether creators or fans, desperately need to be gone from the industry so that it can become something new and fresh. But I fear that the clinging of nostalgia and the "old ways" is what kept a lot of these guys in the positions they were in, as well as the "good ol' boy" society.

That may be a lot to tackle in a Spider-Gwen thread, but I was just curious.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I wonder at what point it gets to be too much for the powers that be that are either letting this happen or becoming more aware of it that they need to instill actual change.
    The comics gatekeepers and creepers, whether creators or fans, desperately need to be gone from the industry so that it can become something new and fresh. But I fear that the clinging of nostalgia and the "old ways" is what kept a lot of these guys in the positions they were in, as well as the "good ol' boy" society.

That may be a lot to tackle in a Spider-Gwen thread, but I was just curious.
    Pretty much, yeah.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Latour accused of harassment in 2017. The alleged victim came forward after the news about former Batgirl writer Cameron Stewart the other day.
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-gwen-co-c...ed-harassment/
    Well...this isn't going to help the run age well in-spite of how character defining it was. I'm glad she was able to come forward though.

Agreed.

Extraordinary Member

Artist Cara McGee shared a story about Robbi Rodriguez as well: https://twitter.com/ohcararara/statu...23716881973252

Wow. Hey folks, want to see some hypocrisy in action? Here is some of a statement of Robbi responding to Frank Cho over the way he drew a one-off sketch of Ghost Spider. Link to the full statement below.

"So guys, (and this is the guys here) we have a chance to make this industry more legitimate than it has been in decades. Don't f— it up by sticking to your old ways. With the new influx of fantastic female creators, you need to do your part to build the business. This may be our last great chance to do so. Growing the f— up will help us all out in the long run.

This is just my opinion and not a discussion I have no time for. I have f—ing work to do."

Work to do indeed...

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rece...cott-campbell/
    Last edited by Anthony W; 06-23-2020 at 04:35 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

These guys are complete a-holes who should never be allowed to work in the industry again.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    These guys are complete a-holes who should never be allowed to work in the industry again.
    I think I'm seeing a pattern here. It's like the people who sell themselves as woke are the people most likely to have this kind of downfall. Warren Ellis, Robbi Rodriguez, Cameron Stewart and Jason Latour. In the coming weeks more creators are going to get tripped up, I wonder if the pattern holds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Artist Cara McGee shared a story about Robbi Rodriguez as well: https://twitter.com/ohcararara/statu...23716881973252
    "Robbie invited one of my best friends and I to his hotel room for a threesome."
    Bro, what the f#@*?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I think I'm seeing a pattern here. It's like the people who sell themselves as woke are the people most likely to have this kind of downfall. Warren Ellis, Robbi Rodriguez, Cameron Stewart and Jason Latour. In the coming weeks more creators are going to get tripped up, I wonder if the pattern holds.
    I see it too. Bleeding Cool warned us that more stories would come out. There's already a new pledge going around talking about what men should do in light of these.