Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ghost-Spider #6 retcons Spider-Gwen #7.
    So a current issue actually retcons what takes place in a future issue? Okay, that's a new one. Kudos. I guess?

Er, no? I'm referring to Latour's run.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Cover for the upcoming Ghost Spider 9:

They're really hyping up symbiote conflict here. Hopefully this time the conclusion isn't gonna be 'it's just hungry so eat some kale' again. From a cover standpoint, I'm curious as to why they drew Gwen without gloves. If it's just random then it feels off. Also, an X-Men variant cover for the upcoming Gwen Stacy comic:

I could see it, though it's not like Kurt has a lot of competition...
    Last edited by eratas123; 01-24-2020 at 03:26 AM.

I wonder if this will finally write out the Symbiote, but without it Gwen doesn't have powers, so...

She is touring the multiverse though. She already had an AU Peter create a new dimension jump device for her, what's the chance she'll meet someone who can restore her original powers?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

I doubt they’ll remove the symbiote from her. One cause it makes her unique and character wise she seems to enjoy having it. At the very least it makes costume changes way easier.

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    I doubt they’ll remove the symbiote from her. One cause it makes her unique and character wise she seems to enjoy having it. At the very least it makes costume changes way easier.
    I mean, from a uniqueness and convenience perspective I get it, I just foresee them making her a more standard spider-person eventually.

Moving her to 616 was the first step.

Though to be fair, she commutes, so that isn't permanent.

Gwen might want to phone Miles... she facing the Maker, who, of course, is from the Ultimate Universe!
    https://www.newsarama.com/48773-firs...-spider-7.html

Fantastic Member

Considering the role TM had in Absolute Carnage I think theories made are right that she's getting tangled with Knull and that plotline. On a separate note, looks like this new artist is staying for a bit. Also, at the risk of sounding perverse, this artist definitely upped Gwen's bust size. Which reminds me too much of fanart...

The only thing I'm bugged about right now is with the Man-Wolf Jackal plot. Are we seriously putting that on hold right now? The thing is just barely reaching up for a climax and yet we're ditching that for the Venom plotline and possibly dealing with the Storm siblings? Seems a little odd timing-wise considering the past year has been used as setup for it.

All-New Member

Can anyone tell me the Legacy (LGY) numbering for Spider-Gwen? It was Spider-Gwen v1 01-05, then Spider-Gwen v2 01-34 which was a total of 39 issues. Then Ghost-Spider v1 001 = LGY 41. What happened to LGY 40? Did I miss an issue somewhere. I've been Googling this for hours and can't find an answer.
    Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmartin450 View Post
    Can anyone tell me the Legacy (LGY) numbering for Spider-Gwen? It was Spider-Gwen v1 01-05, then Spider-Gwen v2 01-34 which was a total of 39 issues. Then Ghost-Spider v1 001 = LGY 41. What happened to LGY 40? Did I miss an issue somewhere. I've been Googling this for hours and can't find an answer.
    Thanks for any help anyone can give me on this.
    Counting Edge of Spider-Verse #2 as Spider-Gwen #0, that would've been a total of 40 issues. Then came 10 issues altogether of Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider, which would actually make Ghost-Spider #1 LGY #51.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All-New Member

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Counting Edge of Spider-Verse #2 as Spider-Gwen #0, that would've been a total of 40 issues. Then came 10 issues altogether of Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider, which would actually make Ghost-Spider #1 LGY #51.
    Absolutely correct, they counted Spider-Gwen #0, which was a reprint of Edge of Spider-Verse #2 (a tactic they'd also done in the 90s with Spider-Girl - the What If issue she debuted in was also reprinted a few months later as a #0 issue).

When tmartin450 said Ghost-Spider v1 001, they meant Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider #1, not the more recent Ghost-Spider #1, which is why they said it's 41 and not 51. You are right though - the most recently solicited issue, #9, will be LGY #59.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmartin450 View Post
    Thank you!
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Absolutely correct, they counted Spider-Gwen #0, which was a reprint of Edge of Spider-Verse #2 (a tactic they'd also done in the 90s with Spider-Girl - the What If issue she debuted in was also reprinted a few months later as a #0 issue).

When tmartin450 said Ghost-Spider v1 001, they meant Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider #1, not the more recent Ghost-Spider #1, which is why they said it's 41 and not 51. You are right though - the most recently solicited issue, #9, will be LGY #59.
    Ah. All right, then. Thanks for the clarification.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Uh...so this is a thing:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertain...lo-movie.html/

REALLY doubt its true but you never know...