Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Thing is, going by the original Spider-Man vs Batman fight, or Batman vs Black Panther for that matter, this was still going to be a forgone conclusion because by default, Babs was going to be limited to only the type of gear she carries on her off-hand. So by that nature, she wouldn't have anything to counter or strip Gwen of her symbiote.
    i get you but like I said its Death Battle
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

So if Barbara had prep time she would have gotten the kill?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    So if Barbara had prep time she would have gotten the kill?
    Maybe. In the case of Spider-Man vs. Batman, both Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne have often used prior preparation to get the better of stronger or more powerful opponents in their comics, so "prep time" wouldn't make that much of a difference in the outcome of that fight. With Batgirl vs. Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider, "prep time" might have helped Barbara somewhat, as Spider-Gwen's version of the Venom symbiote still had certain weaknesses that Barbara could have exploited with the right gadgets in her arsenal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Read Ghost Spider: Dog Days are Over collecting Ghost Spider (2019) #1-5 from the library. Had low expectations having dropped the first volume of the book from my pull list as it was bad. This second volume was meh. Man Spider-Gwen's fallen off since Latour/Rodriguez Spider-Gwen run. Only Spider-Gwen thing I've liked after that in the comics is by Nick Spencer in The Amazing Spider-Man.

Agreed, the current run is nowhere near as good as the old one by latour. Personally I feel Maguire doesn’t understand this character or what made her so interesting to begin with. I’m a bit worried about the gwenom vs carnage issue coming up cause I feel they are going to do a complete 180 on her character and force something that wasn’t even there to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Im most likely the only one that wants this but I really wouldn’t mind a spinoff comic on this team from earth 8 or to see miles&gwen form a earlier version of this team in the main timeline with them recruiting different heros from other universes to make up the team each time they go on a mission.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Im most likely the only one that wants this but I really wouldn’t mind a spinoff comic on this team from earth 8 or to see miles&gwen form a earlier version of this team in the main timeline with them recruiting different heros from other universes to make up the team each time they go on a mission.
    I'd be okay with it. i mentioned it over in Miles' thread the other week but one idea I would like to see explored is for it to get revealed at the Miles of Earth-65 is that Earth's Prowler. Given that his dad runs a criminal ring it'd be interesting if Miles followed in his Uncle's footsteps instead.

Seeing Earth 8 again would be pretty cool.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm going to say it - I don't like Miles getting Peter's leftovers he's better than that. I know Spider-Gwen is technically a different character but the pairing feels wrong to me (and always has). I'd much rather have Miles end up with Bombshell or Kamala anyone rather than a Gwen replica (AU or 616), and I'm a fan of Spider-Gwen but not of this pairing. Sorry if I've offended anyone.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-07-2020 at 10:09 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

I know Soider-Gwen is not 616 Gwen, but it feels weird and wrong to have Miles date a version of the dead girlfriend of Peter, I love both Miles and Gwen, but the two in a relationship, I really don't like it. No offense to any fan of the pairing.

ghost spider should marry a bottle of moonshine
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'd be okay with it. i mentioned it over in Miles' thread the other week but one idea I would like to see explored is for it to get revealed at the Miles of Earth-65 is that Earth's Prowler. Given that his dad runs a criminal ring it'd be interesting if Miles followed in his Uncle's footsteps instead.

Seeing Earth 8 again would be pretty cool.
    That would be pretty damn cool I be done for that idea. I just whish they give the 2 more development in the comics so we can see their friendship evolve over time into more but it seems I’m the only one on here that doesn’t mind the 2 being a thing...o well.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    That would be pretty damn cool I be done for that idea. I just whish they give the 2 more development in the comics so we can see their friendship evolve over time into more but it seems I’m the only one on here that doesn’t mind the 2 being a thing...o well.
    I'm kind of middle of the road. Would like to see an actual friendship develop between the two before anything else. I felt like Bendis and Latour kind of put the cart before the horse with that KISSING in Tree storyline lol

I think I mentioned before, but I do kind of get the impression Gwen leans kind of aromantic. Because it seems like any case of her trying to date was either a heat of the moment type of thing (with Miles) or just going through the motions (with Earth-65 Harry). And like with her MJ, she always seemed more annoyed than anything else.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It's kind of funny that they made such a big deal out of it in that arc (and Latour flashing to the kids so much) and in the movie only for no one else to seemingly want anything to do with the relationship in the comics and not really in other media either.

spoilers:
    Gwen doesn't even show up in Miles' game, and likely won't be a love interest since they set up an original LI for him in that game.
    end of spoilers

I'm kind of middle of the road. Would like to see an actual friendship develop between the two before anything else. I felt like Bendis and Latour kind of put the cart before the horse with that KISSING in Tree storyline lol

I think I mentioned before, but I do kind of get the impression Gwen leans kind of aromantic. Because it seems like any case of her trying to date was either a heat of the moment type of thing (with Miles) or just going through the motions (with Earth-65 Harry). And like with her MJ, she always seemed more annoyed than anything else.
    Agreed I would like to see the friendship first before all that as well. I want to see actual development and interesting exchanges between the two that builds a solid bond. And I agree and respect your opinion on the other stuff lol.

BANNED

The Spider-Verse sequel is supposed to be a romance between the two above. They had a romantic subplot in the first film, but it got cut for time.

The Spider-Verse sequel is supposed to be a romance between the two above. They had a romantic subplot in the first film, but it got cut for time.
    Which was the only part of the movie I didn't like (the hints of a romance between the pair I mean). Please give them their own love-interests.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."