Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Yeah, that ain't happening. I did hear that Venom will be absorbed into the MCU by having Tom Holland's Spider-Man appear in it's sequel, and if that's the case, then any other Sony movies would need to be MCU compatible as well. Spider-Gwen wouldn't be. And it can't come from Marvel Studios itself as the article claims, as they don't have the rights to the spider characters, Sony did a deal with Disney to share Spider-Man himself, and it's Sony who distributed Spider-Man's MCU films.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    Considering the role TM had in Absolute Carnage I think theories made are right that she's getting tangled with Knull and that plotline. On a separate note, looks like this new artist is staying for a bit. Also, at the risk of sounding perverse, this artist definitely upped Gwen's bust size. Which reminds me too much of fanart...
    Wonder if McGuire will be making Maker go after her because of her symbiote, since it is what he's obssessed with lately, to the point he got Ultimate Venom.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wonder if McGuire will be making Maker go after her because of her symbiote, since it is what he's obssessed with lately, to the point he got Ultimate Venom.
    That's entirely probable.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

My spiderverse spidergwen and miles controllers arrived. You can get these for all platforms if you interested.
    https://www.controllerchaos.com/ps4-...d-edition.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

The miles one
    Attached Images Attached Images

As for the film, there's a thing to consider: the Sony /Marvel deal was signed somewhere in 2000 or earlier, and Spider-Gwen is a character created in 2014. Depending on the way it's phrased, she may be free for Disney to use: it depends if Marvel released the present and future characters of the Spider-Man franchise, or just those that existed by then. It would depend as well on whether Spider-Gwen can be legally considered an original character, or a derivative version of the original Gwen Stacy.

Gwen Stacy would definitely be in that character list, so she's with Sony by default. I don't think Spider-Gwen counts as being newer, she's still Gwen Stacy.

Look at the credits on the Ghost-Spider comics. They include an entry for Gwen Stacy being created by Stan Lee - not Jason Latour.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Might be the wrong place for it, but in the Spider-Man: Fake Red manga the main character's crush is basically Spider-Verse Gwen:

Leads me to believe we'll see more versions of this character outside of just the upcoming movie sequel.

Might be the wrong place for it, but in the Spider-Man: Fake Red manga the main character's crush is basically Spider-Verse Gwen:

Leads me to believe we'll see more versions of this character outside of just the upcoming movie sequel.
    Maybe, and her name is Emma, too, likely a nod to the actress who played Gwen Stacy in the Amazing Spider-Man films.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Maybe, and her name is Emma, too, likely a nod to the actress who played Gwen Stacy in the Amazing Spider-Man films.
    Definitely a nod. Admittedly though one thing I like is that this version's haircut looks way better than the movie's forced half shave.

Definitely a nod. Admittedly though one thing I like is that this version's haircut looks way better than the movie's forced half shave.
    Technically, it was literally forced by Miles's hand sticking to Gwen's hair.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, it was literally forced by Miles's hand sticking to Gwen's hair.
    I know, but it still didn't look good. Anyway, the Emma Pearson character really does feel like a massive shout-out to Spider-Gwen. She even has a crush on a character who clearly doesn't look like a younger version of Earth-65 Mary Jane...

Honestly given how many people assume GweMJ is a thing I'm surprised neither Latour or Maguire just went for it, especially given how Gwen has crappy male love interests and MJ being confirmed as bisexual.

I know, but it still didn't look good. Anyway, the Emma Pearson character really does feel like a massive shout-out to Spider-Gwen. She even has a crush on a character who clearly doesn't look like a younger version of Earth-65 Mary Jane...

Honestly given how many people assume GweMJ is a thing I'm surprised neither Latour or Maguire just went for it, especially given how Gwen has crappy male love interests and MJ being confirmed as bisexual.
    I see, welp that’s your opinion I have to kindly disagree I think she does have good potential love interest and I personally can’t stand earth 65 mj mostly due to her personality she reminds me to much of a punk-rockesh amber heard lol. And I actually really like her into the spiderverse haircut even though it wasn’t of her choosing but I think it’s unique for that version of her character and makes her stand out from past incarcerations but that’s just my opinion

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    I see, welp that’s your opinion I have to kindly disagree I think she does have good potential love interest and I personally can’t stand earth 65 mj mostly due to her personality she reminds me to much of a punk-rockesh amber heard lol. And I actually really like her into the spiderverse haircut even though it wasn’t of her choosing but I think it’s unique for that version of her character and makes her stand out from past incarcerations but that’s just my opinion
    What good love interests does comics Gwen have? Miles had absoluely no chemistry with her and Harry’s an unpunished terrorist who screwed over at least six innocent people with an incurable poison that turns them into giant lizards. Oh and he tried to murder her for bullshit reasns, which even she points out. Neither lf these two exactly inspire confidence.

As for haircuts, my favorite still nas to be Mwrvel Rising Gwen. A lot of people say she just stole Gwenpool’s hair but her hair and attire just looks fsr better and more unique than other versions:

The pink dyed ends do come from Gwenpool, but her hair is a bob. Rising Gwen's is therefore a mix of her and classic Gwen (who had long hair), but messier because of her rock star image.