Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eratas123 View Post
    I know, but it still didn't look good. Anyway, the Emma Pearson character really does feel like a massive shout-out to Spider-Gwen. She even has a crush on a character who clearly doesn't look like a younger version of Earth-65 Mary Jane...

Honestly given how many people assume GweMJ is a thing I'm surprised neither Latour or Maguire just went for it, especially given how Gwen has crappy male love interests and MJ being confirmed as bisexual.
    This looks like the closest I'll ever get to my Spider-Man anime.

What good love interests does comics Gwen have? Miles had absoluely no chemistry with her and Harry’s an unpunished terrorist who screwed over at least six innocent people with an incurable poison that turns them into giant lizards. Oh and he tried to murder her for bullshit reasns, which even she points out. Neither lf these two exactly inspire confidence.

As for haircuts, my favorite still nas to be Mwrvel Rising Gwen. A lot of people say she just stole Gwenpool’s hair but her hair and attire just looks fsr better and more unique than other versions:

Hmmmm you do make a solid point about the Harry part, but as for miles I do see potential if written well and is allowed to develop over time. I just really can’t stand earth 65 mj and if they put her in that kinda of role for Gwen and it would really put me off the book I’m still have ALOT of mixed feelings about this current run from Maguire compared to how latours used to write it and I’m still debating if I want to continue it or not.
    As for the hair I do like rising Gwen’s hair just a little bit and also I like the idw Gwen’s hair style as well and personally wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually do change the main comics Gwen hairstyle to something similar down the line with the pink highlights or even her itsv counterpart if they let her hair get longer in time for the spinoff.

Considering ITSV Gwen was forced to get that side shave cut, it'd make sense for her to have grown it out in the sequel. Assuming of course that there's a timeskip and it's not set as soon as the first film finished.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Considering ITSV Gwen was forced to get that side shave cut, it'd make sense for her to have grown it out in the sequel. Assuming of course that there's a timeskip and it's not set as soon as the first film finished.
    From the looks of it it seems like it’s going to be set directly after the first. I believe Rodney Rothman denied the 2 year time skip back in early 2019.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This looks like the closest I'll ever get to my Spider-Man anime.
    You could watch Supaida-Man, who's also confirmed to appear in the Spider-Verse sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornbread11 View Post
    Hmmmm you do make a solid point about the Harry part, but as for miles I do see potential if written well and is allowed to develop over time. I just really can’t stand earth 65 mj and if they put her in that kinda of role for Gwen and it would really put me off the book I’m still have ALOT of mixed feelings about this current run from Maguire compared to how latours used to write it and I’m still debating if I want to continue it or not.
    As for the hair I do like rising Gwen’s hair just a little bit and also I like the idw Gwen’s hair style as well and personally wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually do change the main comics Gwen hairstyle to something similar down the line with the pink highlights or even her itsv counterpart if they let her hair get longer in time for the spinoff.
    To be fair anyone has potential. I could just as easily say Gwen could work with Spider-Punk or Spider-Man Noir - the potential is there, but what we've gotten so far is meh. Miles and Gwen in the movie had great chemistry and interactions. Miles and Gwen in the comics is about as romantic as watching paint dry.

MJ worked better before Maguire turned her into a shrieking harpy who lost all of her character development cause Maguire's biased towards Gwen. She can't even decide if MJ wanted to mack it to Gwen or not since she denied the idea of them ever being a couple after having MJ write three songs about how Gwen should 'choose her'; something Gwen herself even points out:

There's no way you can say the writer didn't intend for this to look suspect when Gwen herself says the song - which includes the lyrics 'pick me or you're going to lose' and 'wild romance' - is about her. Then the next two songs MJ makes are again about Gwen, to the point that MJ just looks like the world's worst serenade artist.

You could watch Supaida-Man, who's also confirmed to appear in the Spider-Verse sequel.

To be fair anyone has potential. I could just as easily say Gwen could work with Spider-Punk or Spider-Man Noir - the potential is there, but what we've gotten so far is meh. Miles and Gwen in the movie had great chemistry and interactions. Miles and Gwen in the comics is about as romantic as watching paint dry.

MJ worked better before Maguire turned her into a shrieking harpy who lost all of her character development cause Maguire's biased towards Gwen. She can't even decide if MJ wanted to mack it to Gwen or not since she denied the idea of them ever being a couple after having MJ write three songs about how Gwen should 'choose her'; something Gwen herself even points out:

There's no way you can say the writer didn't intend for this to look suspect when Gwen herself says the song - which includes the lyrics 'pick me or you're going to lose' and 'wild romance' - is about her. Then the next two songs MJ makes are again about Gwen, to the point that MJ just looks like the world's worst serenade artist.
    Personally I think Marvel picking Maguire to handle this run has been a terrible choice hopefully she starts picking it up soon but as of right now I don’t really see it happening. I feel she is to In love with the idea of old 616 Gwen and is trying to throw this version of her in a role similar to that especially with the whole going to college in the 616 and all the peter Parker interactions lately. I wouldn’t be surprised over time if they just axe earth 65 all together and Gwen’s supporting cast and just make her permanent in the main universe.

Fantastic Member

Personally I think Marvel picking Maguire to handle this run has been a terrible choice hopefully she starts picking it up soon but as of right now I don’t really see it happening. I feel she is to In love with the idea of old 616 Gwen and is trying to throw this version of her in a role similar to that especially with the whole going to college in the 616 and all the peter Parker interactions lately. I wouldn’t be surprised over time if they just axe earth 65 all together and Gwen’s supporting cast and just make her permanent in the main universe.
    Disagree. Despite my reservations on Maguire iirc she has confirmed that she and a bunch of other people have fought to keep Gwen even partially in Earth-65 and also not be completely regressed into a teenager like Marvel wants. Considering the most popular version of Gwen right now is a teenager who's set to romance Miles and Marvel is a giant fan of synergy it's honestly a miracle Ghost Spider didn't open with her making out with Miles and going to a ballet class after.

Disagree. Despite my reservations on Maguire iirc she has confirmed that she and a bunch of other people have fought to keep Gwen even partially in Earth-65 and also not be completely regressed into a teenager like Marvel wants. Considering the most popular version of Gwen right now is a teenager who's set to romance Miles and Marvel is a giant fan of synergy it's honestly a miracle Ghost Spider didn't open with her making out with Miles and going to a ballet class after.
    Welp I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on her than but I respect your opinion, idk who knows maybe she just might surprise me in the future but as of right now I’m not really feeling this current run of spidergwen. You do got point there about the synergy, they’ll hop on anything if it brings in the bread.

Ps: I still don’t like the name change lol
    Last edited by Cornbread11; 02-05-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

Welp I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on her than but I respect your opinion, idk who knows maybe she just might surprise me in the future but as of right now I’m not really feeling this current run of spidergwen. You do got point there about the synergy, they’ll hop on anything if it brings in the bread.

Ps: I still don’t like the name change lol
    Oh I hate a lot of Maguire’s choices, all I’m saying is credit where its due she does do her best to give Earth-65 some time to shine where others might just dump Gwen to 616. Latour wasn’t much better considering how often he had Gwen jump dimensions for one reason or another.

Fantastic Member

Single mom Gwendalorian with baby MODOK by Robbi Rodriguez:

Is it bad that I really wanna see this now...?

I was getting Mad Max vibes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I was getting Mad Max vibes.
    Nah, she looks too clean. Also, not enough impractical, ass chafing leather that’s the perfect thing to wear in the desert.

Nah, she looks too clean. Also, not enough impractical, ass chafing leather that’s the perfect thing to wear in the desert.
    I think there's an inherent roughness to Rodriguez's art that captures it well .

MODA. That baby is clearly a cross between MODOK and that baby Yoda.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Marvel seems to be having fun...

Of course, I find Spider-Gwen not having drums to be a crime against the Gweniverse.