Default Was DC Comics Presents one-shots? Or continuing stories?

Was the old DC Comics Presents issues one-shot stories? Or did they have story arcs or continuing stories? Looks like they were single issues with Superman and another character, similar to the old Marvel Team Up with Spider-Man. But with the MTU, they still had a continuing story line.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I seem to recall reading a Superman annual in the early 1980's. It collected 3 issues from 'DC Comics Presents...' that presented a single story arc.

The team ups were with Martian Manhunter, Supergirl and the Spectre. It was also the first appearance of Mongul and Warworld if I remember correctly (if not, no doubt someone will correct me). Superman is tricked into defeating J'onn J'onzz for the key to Warworld by Mongul in the first issue. In the second the Kryptonian cousins team up to defeat Mongul but Kara is lost, shooting off into the depths of space unconscious. When Superman tries to break his own speed limits to rescue Kara, in the third issue, the Spectre stops him in his tracks.

Sorry for the vagueness here, it's been a LOOONG time since I read these. It may have been the 1983 annual.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 08-08-2014 at 02:50 PM.

It could be both. Some stories lasted for just an issue, while others were tied together over more than one issue. (The first story, which featured Superman and Flash, lasted for two issues.)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

None of them that I can recall went on for more than three parts. The majority of them were overwith in one issue.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014