Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I think in the lead up to his first stint with A Secret Avengers team him seeking approval from Cap rather than from himself has been brought up but they deal with it within that single issue.
    I think that was in one of the .1 issues, right? I'm pretty sure that's what I was thinking of where it was at least touched upon, but not really explored. I mean, so much time has passed since the 80s WCA run that I wouldn't expect anyone to really dwell on that stuff now, but I wish someone had back in the day. It would have provided a bit of perspective to the early WCA stuff.

But the idea of Clint being his own guy instead of trying to be someone else is a thread that gets picked up in different ways over the years, so I suppose it's always there to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I think that was in one of the .1 issues, right? I'm pretty sure that's what I was thinking of where it was at least touched upon, but not really explored. I mean, so much time has passed since the 80s WCA run that I wouldn't expect anyone to really dwell on that stuff now, but I wish someone had back in the day. It would have provided a bit of perspective to the early WCA stuff.

But the idea of Clint being his own guy instead of trying to be someone else is a thread that gets picked up in different ways over the years, so I suppose it's always there to some extent.
    I think it was this one. Maybe.
    https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...gers_2010_21.1
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

In case anyone is interested, this is the solicit for Freefall #5, to be released next april:

spoilers:

HAWKEYE: FREEFALL #5
    MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W)
    OTTO SCHMIDT (A)
    Cover by KIM JACINTO

• Hawkeye’s relationship to Ronin has even his friends turning against him. He’s been lying about a lot of things. But you can’t lie to Captain America.
    • Meanwhile, his war with the Hood is beginning to spin out of control as the people close to him are put in real danger.
    • Having to deal with the Hood was bad enough, but now Clint finds himself in the sites of another former Hawkeye. No. Not her... Enter BULLSEYE.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    end of spoilers

And this is the cover.
    1579802944712.jpg

Freefall #2 is out next week, isn't it? I can't wait.

^_________________^
    Gooooood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    In case anyone is interested, this is the solicit for Freefall #5, to be released next april:

spoilers:

MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W)
    OTTO SCHMIDT (A)
    Cover by KIM JACINTO

• Hawkeye’s relationship to Ronin has even his friends turning against him. He’s been lying about a lot of things. But you can’t lie to Captain America.
    • Meanwhile, his war with the Hood is beginning to spin out of control as the people close to him are put in real danger.
    • Having to deal with the Hood was bad enough, but now Clint finds himself in the sites of another former Hawkeye. No. Not her... Enter BULLSEYE.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    end of spoilers

And this is the cover.
    1579802944712.jpg

Nice, I've been looking forward to reading more solicits and this one looks all kinds of exciting.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post

spoilers:

MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W)
    OTTO SCHMIDT (A)
    Cover by KIM JACINTO

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    end of spoilers

And this is the cover.
    1579802944712.jpg

Clint's face is kind of weird on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Clint's face is kind of weird on the cover.
    He's scowling angrily, I think. That's why his mouth looks so weird.

It's also down to the style. It's got a strong caricature/cartoon vibe.

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

It's also down to the style. It's got a strong caricature/cartoon vibe.
    Exactly. Not my preferred art style, but I can live with it.

Issue #2 of Freefall is out and the last page caught me off guard like nothing has done since Cap hailing Hydra.

My Twitter

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I really want to see Rosenberg write a legit Force Works relaunch, with Clint, Bobbie, et al. He just gives me what I need from a Hawkeye story. Plus I’d love to see him write USAgent, and a few other Avengers mainstays.

Issue #2 of Freefall is out and the last page caught me off guard like nothing has done since Cap hailing Hydra.
    My head started spinning as soon as I read it. I want to start theorizing, but is it too early for spoilers? I know we can use the spoilers tag, but they don't prevent the text from showing up in email notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    My head started spinning as soon as I read it. I want to start theorizing, but is it too early for spoilers? I know we can use the spoilers tag, but they don't prevent the text from showing up in email notifications.
    Yeah let's wait a day or two.

My Twitter

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I really want to see Rosenberg write a legit Force Works relaunch, with Clint, Bobbie, et al. He just gives me what I need from a Hawkeye story. Plus I’d love to see him write USAgent, and a few other Avengers mainstays.
    Or relaunch WCA with Clint, Bobbi, US Agent, War Machine, Wonder Man probably also throw in Quake, Century, Suzi, and Tom Foster or Erik Josten