Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I don't have much comic knowledge about Clint but I assumed that Clint started going solo more frequently after his Ronin stint. I appreciate Rosenberg for keeping Freefall a Clint-only run in the sense that there are no other characters aiding him in completing his personal mission. I feel that he went the extra mile to not involve his buddies as much as possible so that they would not be targeted by The Hood since the latter had a lot of connections in NY (and possibly beyond NY), especially after he had discovered the piles of dead bodies, courtesy of The Hood and of course the deaths of Bryce and the Skrull. If anything, that was very in-character for Clint, but that's my opinion. I feel that Rosenberg added Nat for a quick cameo to give a reference to TOS. Maybe, Rosenberg felt bad for making Nat chose Bucky over Clint and deliberately keeping Clint in the dark so he wanted to give consolation to Clint?

I read Avengers #16, #98 (where Hawkeye wore that glorious miniskirt costume ) and WCA Limited Issue #1. All I can comment was how easily Clint was accepted into the Avengers team. Basically, Clint broke into the Avengers mansion, tied and gagged Jarvis and then made a promise that he would free Jarvis of his restraints with his arrows without injuring him and then he kept to that promise, and the other Avengers were like 'okay he's cool. Welcome to the team!'. I was surprised that the crowd was welcoming towards him too and none of them questioned on his competence or brought up that he attacked Iron Man three separate times. For WCA, it was cute to see Clint being so enthusiastic to be in a leadership role lol

I don't know if this is the right place to talk about this but I have been reading Clintasha, WinterHawk and Phlint fics over the past few weeks and wow, this fandom has a lot of talented writers. I keep finding new things to read even after saving over 300 bookmarks.
    Except there was no consolation to Clint. She literally showed up just to act like a dick to him and make him feel even worse than he already did. We even see in the first few pages of Black Widow #1 that Clint is still upset with her, and Natasha feeling bad and planning to try to make up with him. Like I said, I like at times how he writes Clint but despise how he writes Natasha, hence why I wouldn't read absolutely anything he writes.

I do very much love how Clint bulldozed his way onto the team! And everyone forgetting he had literally tried to destroy Iron Man not that long ago. the classic comics really do bring me great joy lol.

While I've only read Clintasha, I can definitely agree there's a lot of talent there! There's also a lot of absolutely gorgeous fanart if that's your thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I mean we definitely vagree about Tasha being off in either books.
    I can understand Clint's cold reaction to her in Freefall given the to sleep deprivation, and her admiting what she had kept a secret (also didn't she and Bucky like knock him and Bobbi out in Rosenberg's punisher run? I never read it but I believe I saw a scan) but there's little reason for her to act like she does.

For Clint in freefall: I think it all comes down to taking the whole Hawkguy deal, including the rarer angle where it's largely an act he puts on, and actually finishing the thought of where it might lead to.

You are right that in the past (I recall a scene with Iron Man pre-hawkguy for example) he just told his friends he'd have to finish this alone and that was it but this time they were up his butt about it from the getgo (largely because he played dirtier than before).
    He knew that they didn't approve of Ronin but he saw Ronin getting results were Hawkeye didn't get anything done because he played by the rules.
    The only wonky bit here to me is that they suspected him very quickly without much evidence but then again it was a very quick paced story that otherwise would have taken twice as long.
    You may be right, it might be a lot about timing. Maybe if there had been a conversation with Clint raving and someone on the team telling him they had to respect the court's decision or something I could have swallowed this plot easier. But that wouldn't have had to affect the pacing if the beginning of the story hadn't been intent on convincing the reader that Clint wasn't Ronin as well. They couldn't include a scene like I mentioned because it would have given that away too easily. I definitely agree that everyone instantly accusing him of being Ronin was weird as well considering others have worn the suit, and literally anyone could make a replica. And the way people like Luke talked down to him really bothered me.

I dunno, I think I'm just never gonna see in Freefall what most other people saw in it. I did think it set up an interesting story in the end if anyone actually picks up the threads left behind, but i didn't enjoy the execution overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    Except there was no consolation to Clint. She literally showed up just to act like a dick to him and make him feel even worse than he already did. We even see in the first few pages of Black Widow #1 that Clint is still upset with her, and Natasha feeling bad and planning to try to make up with him. Like I said, I like at times how he writes Clint but despise how he writes Natasha, hence why I wouldn't read absolutely anything he writes.

I do very much love how Clint bulldozed his way onto the team! And everyone forgetting he had literally tried to destroy Iron Man not that long ago. the classic comics really do bring me great joy lol.

While I've only read Clintasha, I can definitely agree there's a lot of talent there! There's also a lot of absolutely gorgeous fanart if that's your thing!

You may be right, it might be a lot about timing. Maybe if there had been a conversation with Clint raving and someone on the team telling him they had to respect the court's decision or something I could have swallowed this plot easier. But that wouldn't have had to affect the pacing if the beginning of the story hadn't been intent on convincing the reader that Clint wasn't Ronin as well. They couldn't include a scene like I mentioned because it would have given that away too easily. I definitely agree that everyone instantly accusing him of being Ronin was weird as well considering others have worn the suit, and literally anyone could make a replica. And the way people like Luke talked down to him really bothered me.

I dunno, I think I'm just never gonna see in Freefall what most other people saw in it. I did think it set up an interesting story in the end if anyone actually picks up the threads left behind, but i didn't enjoy the execution overall.
    We can agree that Rosenberg should probably never write a Romance novel for Clint hahaha.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

I haven't been a fan of how he writes Natasha either--she just comes across unnecessarily harsh and mean, even to people who are supposed to be her allies and friends. I do wonder though if he's been giving her this harder edge intentionally, as a result of her death and resurrection. In his TALES OF SUSPENSE mini he was definitely indicating that whole experience was having an impact on her attitudes and priorities, etc. That may be something that he has been carrying forward into her appearances in his PUNISHER work, FREEFALL, etc.

I've got mixed feelings on FREEFALL, and you touched on a lot of the reasons in the 'cons' column for me. There were things about the mini I enjoyed a lot and overall I am more happy with it than not--but there are definitely a few low points for me too, where I wish Rosenberg had handled things a bit differently.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I want to share a funny story. I joined this Marvel discord server since months ago and advertised myself as a Hawkeye stan (maybe a little too much...) and I keep getting questions about my opinions about Hawkeye in this certain run (like Old Man Logan, Civil War II etc) but little did they know I'm pretty much a greenhorn with regards to my knowledge about our boi haha

Anyone here saw Renner's recent Insta story about him covered in blood and Band-Aids? I'm so hyped for the tv show! (now where are the Kate Bishop casting news...)

Anyone here saw Renner's recent Insta story about him covered in blood and Band-Aids? I'm so hyped for the tv show! (now where are the Kate Bishop casting news...)
    My first thought when he posted that was, "Okay, this looks bad."

I want to share a funny story. I joined this Marvel discord server since months ago and advertised myself as a Hawkeye stan (maybe a little too much...) and I keep getting questions about my opinions about Hawkeye in this certain run (like Old Man Logan, Civil War II etc) but little did they know I'm pretty much a greenhorn with regards to my knowledge about our boi haha

I heard he's apparently been cast for a mask, but that might be Ronan flashbacks instead of an actual Hawkeye mask.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    My first thought when he posted that was, "Okay, this looks bad."
    Ha, same!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I heard he's apparently been cast for a mask, but that might be Ronan flashbacks instead of an actual Hawkeye mask.
    Yeah I would not bank on anything else.

If a masked Hawkeye costume shows up its gonna be an Easter egg like in Jessica Jones.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Mighty Member

I wonder if we will see Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye shirtless moment ?

I mean in the comics, he show up without clothes most of the times. This including his iconic moment in the Davd Aja's Hawkeye.

Shirtless, maybe. Only covered by a censor mask while evading bullets? Nah.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Attachment 102283

Actually, just want to know which version of Hawkeye is your favourite. The comic Hawkeye is including with every era of Clint. Imagine if you like Ronin Hawkeye, this count as the comic version.
    My choice will always be Hawkeye from the comics (especially the Busiek era/T-Bolts version):

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Right? We had Brubaker and Remender's Secret Avengers. I don't remember specifically, but I don't think Clint was TOO heavily involved in Hickman's stuff. Nothing after Occupy Avengers and Secret Empire. Nothing in No Surrender. And just a run in in Freefall. Really too bad. At least we get a good amount of Clint and Bucky, Sam, Nat. So he's not cut off from them all which is good. But they don't have the relationship that Steve does with him. Cap actually holds Clint in high regard.
    In agreement with you about Clint & Cap. This image of them sharing their weapons with one another is how I'll always remember this particular partnership...

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    A good team book and Hawkeye team up is long overdue...
    To the utmost, I agree. I've always been interested in Hawkeye becoming a headliner for Marvel Team-Up (or any type of team-up book, for that matter).

Probably barely worth mentioning at this point but Clint showed up in Black Widow #4 again.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Probably barely worth mentioning at this point but Clint showed up in Black Widow #4 again.
    More than he's shown up anywhere else lately!

He and Bucky have turned into a real duo act by now with their back and forths...

fascinating. Well, interesting that they chose to follow the recent comics. hopefully this will be very successful.
    who are the typical villains in the Clint/Kate comics?