Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    This issue felt... I guess "anxiety inducing" is a way of putting it. My God, what an absolute disaster. It's like watching a train in its way to derail but being unable to prevent it. It was a good issue, but, somehow, it left me with some bad vibes.
    This is something I’ve grown to learn to love with Rosenberg’s Marvel stuff. He likes to leave things almost open ended to give him something to work with in his other Marvel stuff. He did it on New Mutants mini, Multiple Man mini, Phoenix Resurrection, etc. all things he’d address in his Uncanny run. It’s kinda fun. Not everything is a direct continuation of his older plots, like Remender’s Uncanny X-Force into his Uncanny Avengers run, but he’d touch on elements, making it feel like a shared universe. Something writers did back in the 70’s and 80’s.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    One thing I meant to comment on before and forgot to...its funny how misleading that cover to #4 is. Cover art not accurately reflecting the story inside is hardly unprecedented, of course--but the covers for the previous 3 issues were all accurate enough, even if they weren't literal scenes lifted out of the comic. The cover for #4 though implies a big fight with Daredevil...when instead DD is only there for a couple of pages, and they don't fight.

With solicits and cover images out so far in advance, and the number of secrets and plot twists this storyline has, I can imagine it was tricky coming up with cover images that didn't give too much away before the readers learned the Ronin plot twists. Still, if I were a DD fan who decided to pick up this issue on the stands because of the cover, I might have been a bit annoyed once I read the issue itself.
    I absolutely expected DD to show up instead of Spidey ngl
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Clint Barton aka The Patchmaster.

patchmaster.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

patchmaster.jpg
    I saw it when he posted.
    As I said, Otto's art is a gift to my eyes. He can paint cute, sexy, awesome... I'm so happy we got him here.

Astonishing Member

patchmaster.jpg
    Wow, Clint...looking good and also awful at the same time! lol

patchmaster.jpg
    Maybe he needs a costume with more protection...like with a mask ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe he needs a costume with more protection...like with a mask ?
    To be fair, he's BEEN wearing a costume with a mask recently, which is when he's started getting so beat up! lol

That said, I would absolutely love for him to start wearing a more classic Hawkeye costume again.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

One thing I meant to comment on before and forgot to...its funny how misleading that cover to #4 is. Cover art not accurately reflecting the story inside is hardly unprecedented, of course--but the covers for the previous 3 issues were all accurate enough, even if they weren't literal scenes lifted out of the comic. The cover for #4 though implies a big fight with Daredevil...when instead DD is only there for a couple of pages, and they don't fight.

With solicits and cover images out so far in advance, and the number of secrets and plot twists this storyline has, I can imagine it was tricky coming up with cover images that didn't give too much away before the readers learned the Ronin plot twists. Still, if I were a DD fan who decided to pick up this issue on the stands because of the cover, I might have been a bit annoyed once I read the issue itself.
    “DAREDEVIL STRIKES!” *off panel* 🤔

To be fair, he's BEEN wearing a costume with a mask recently, which is when he's started getting so beat up! lol

That said, I would absolutely love for him to start wearing a more classic Hawkeye costume again.
    Heh, I think we all do. Might just rename the thread to "Hawkeyes Mask appreciation thread" for next year.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Ooff. Rosenberg's reaction to someone on twitter finding out that there are no Freefall solicits for June and whether there is still something fans can do:

Go back in time and buy a lot more copies. But honestly, if you have the ability to do that I have some suggestions of how you might better use your talents.
    That sucks ass

My Twitter

Huh, that is surprising. I swear when this title was first announced the solicits said "1 of 5" but Rosenberg claimed it was never a mini and always an ongoing. Then it seemed to be doing really well in sale, or at least I was under the impression there were second printings of the first few issues? Maybe I just saw so much about it because of who I follow so I assumed it was doing really well.

Astonishing Member

That definitely sucks! I was just starting to get used to the idea that it was an ongoing after all, and then it gets yanked away.

At least we get one more issue than the 5 than it was originally solicited as.

He also said it was only ever intended as a six issue thing so sufficient to say they really did not communicate that all too well.

My Twitter

Reading through what he's been posting on Twitter, what it sounds like to me is that he pitched the initial 6 issue arc which Marvel greenlit, with the understanding that if it sold well it could be extended into more issues. I guess it didn't sell well enough so Marvel decided 6 issues was enough. So it wasn't specifically considered a mini, but it's not really cancelled, they're just not picking up more. He told the initial story he set out to tell, but would have liked to continue with more.

That's what I got from his thread too but we'll.mthat makes the next two issues all the more important.

My Twitter