Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seriously...Hawkeye Reborn. I think if any character needs it, it's Clint.
    Yep, I'd go for that.
    Agreed. And I know the perfect artists for the job. Here are My Top 3...

1. Mark Bagley

2. David Finch

3. Olivier Coipel

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Ha, okay bro. These are interesting ideas and I get them. However, I respectfully disagree with some of them. Bringing Bryce to the hospital was a split-second choice kind of thing. Clint was in the heat of the moment and in that moment he chose the option which seemed the best at the time. Considering that he had a friend who was dying with arrows all over him, he wanted to take him to a hospital but still wanted to respect his wishes, thinking that Night Nurse had the skills and had discreetly handled emergencies like this in the past, I could see why he chose Night Nurse. And that links to my idea of Hawkeye being the regular guy.
    Except Hawkeye is anything but a regular guy, and even if he was a regular guy a regular guy would have still took him to the hospital. What Hawkeye did was the actions of a loser.This only works if you enjoyed Matt Fraction's run. I remember this character before that run erased years of Hawkeye's characterisation and competency. Go read Thunderbolts #20 and #21 to see Hawkeye at his best and keep reading.

He is not and will never be a regular guy, no matter how badly Fraction tried to pull that regular guy stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Captain America may have made the right choice. He probably would have made it work too. Bryce probably would have lived. But Clint isn't Cap, he isn't perfect. In this issue, he's just like us regular people. We make decisions. And no matter the outcome, we try to make it the best decision we can.

As for Nefaria, yeah, it's cool that Clint met him off panel. That helped with the surprise later on. I think that's good storytelling.
    You have to be Captain America to take someone to the hospital now? You know who else would have taken him to the hospital? A hero not being written by Rosenberg to not take them to the hospital so they can die in a cheap attempt to motivate the hero. If you are going to kill him just have him die in Hawkeye's arms instead of making the character look like an idiot.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No.

Just no.

Bryce gets shot up with arrows. He doesn't want to go to a hospital. This is where Hawkeye says saving his life is more important than his warrants. This is basic superhero. He saves his life and then sees if he can use his status to put in a good word for the kid later.

You save the life first.

And in a moment of extreme character assassination, what does Hawkeye say "..Okay I know a place"

WHERE (CLAP) IS (CLAP) THE (CLAP) EDITOR?!
    Yes I thought that was extremely poor judgement on the writer's part, last I checked Clint was a member of the Avengers not the Soprano's. Overall I was not happy with this mini series, they originally seemed to be going for light humour, and than got super dark with the last issue, all in all the mini series made Hawkeye look highly irresponsible. I'm glad it's over.

The remaining issues of Freefall will be obtainable in print now afterall.
    I've gone digital from the start but I do hope for some collected version eventually.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

I was happy to see the classic suit, but at this point I think we need a "Hawkeye: Reborn" series with the state Clint's in.
    Not for a while...let him be the anti-hero outlaw taking down scumbags. Not go all Frank Castle...but not worry too much about how much hurt he puts on bad guys.

Group of child sex traffickers, cartel hit men, bangers who shot up a kid in a drive by...all shot full of arrows with multiple broken bones.

And his friends in the position of trying to figure out what to do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not for a while...let him be the anti-hero outlaw taking down scumbags. Not go all Frank Castle...but not worry too much about how much hurt he puts on bad guys.

Group of child sex traffickers, cartel hit men, bangers who shot up a kid in a drive by...all shot full of arrows with multiple broken bones.

Yeah, this just doesn't sound like Clint to me.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, this just doesn't sound like Clint to me.
    I think Freefall shows him crossing those lines he never would have in the past...along with killing Banner. Clint was always the "Avengers don't kill" guy. Bobbi didn't outright kill Phantom Rider...but did let hm die..and it caused serious friction between them. I think we can say this is Clint being pushed too far by things going on and he is not the wise-cracking archer anymore...but a guy willing to put the hurt on bad guys.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    The remaining issues of Freefall will be obtainable in print now afterall.
    I've gone digital from the start but I do hope for some collected version eventually.
    Being a printed book guy, I'm happy to hear this! The collected edition, according to Amazon is due in February 2021.

I think Freefall shows him crossing those lines he never would have in the past...along with killing Banner. Clint was always the "Avengers don't kill" guy. Bobbi didn't outright kill Phantom Rider...but did let hm die..and it caused serious friction between them. I think we can say this is Clint being pushed too far by things going on and he is not the wise-cracking archer anymore...but a guy willing to put the hurt on bad guys.
    Yeah, he feels like a shell of himself these days.

remember when clint tried to bust a cap on osborn and his avengers in their sleep
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, he feels like a shell of himself these days.
    That's where a Hawkeye Reborn storyline needs to come from....he needs to really hit rock bottom. Right now he ain't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    remember when clint tried to bust a cap on osborn and his avengers in their sleep
    It was a rough time for Clint back then.
    That's where a Hawkeye Reborn storyline needs to come from....he needs to really hit rock bottom. Right now he ain't there.
    He seemed to hit pretty close to it.

We had a book like that for Black Widow and it was really bad, Clint shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as sex trafficking rings to be frank (pun intended).

I'm all for Clint going on an ego trip where he goes one man army on someone the law failed to get but please let it be related to Hydra, AIM or who have you. The kind of baddies who aspire to rule the world, not those who shoot kids, or deal with involuntary sex workers or anything of that sort.
    And no need to go Mortal Kombat on them.

I also don't see how the ending of Freefall would elude to that. Sure he threw some rules out of the window but he's still far from the state of mind he was in during his final Ronin Moments of New Avengers.

Hell, Widow isn't in the best head space either and we know he'll appear in her book. Maybe they could just be more vigilantes than Superheroes for a bit and see where it goes from there.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Being a printed book guy, I'm happy to hear this! The collected edition, according to Amazon is due in February 2021.
    Oh cool, thanks for the info!
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    We had a book like that for Black Widow and it was really bad, Clint shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as sex trafficking rings to be frank (pun intended).

I'm all for Clint going on an ego trip where he goes one man army on someone the law failed to get but please let it be related to Hydra, AIM or who have you. The kind of baddies who aspire to rule the world, not those who shoot kids, or deal with involuntary sex workers or anything of that sort.
    And no need to go Mortal Kombat on them.

I also don't see how the ending of Freefall would elude to that. Sure he threw some rules out of the window but he's still far from the state of mind he was in during his final Ronin Moments of New Avengers.

Hell, Widow isn't in the best head space either and we know he'll appear in her book. Maybe they could just be more vigilantes than Superheroes for a bit and see where it goes from there.
    Whatever happened to the good old Secret Empire?

Whatever happened to the good old Secret Empire?
    I'm not quite sure what you are getting at.

My Twitter