Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That kind of reminds me of the Loeb Avengers cartoons (although I assume the writing for the campaign is much more on-point by comparison).
    Well it certainly ain't episodic for one hahaha and there are a few surprisingly emotional scenes in what's otherwise a very straight forward plot.

Can't help but feel this would have been an A grade campaign if the game had actually been build around it rather than around life service features.

But oh well, this is the wrong thread for that
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Classic Clint doodle by Otto Schmidt.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

Classic Clint doodle by Otto Schmidt.
    Bonus points for the costume .

Bonus points for the costume .
    I knew you'd appreciate it

My Twitter

Ha! Another one from Otto, this one being posted to celebrate Hawkeye Freefall getting the TPB treatment from what I could gather.

It's a little out there.

My Twitter

Clint continues to feature heavily over in Black Widow #2.

My Twitter

I'm really enjoying the art in that book. Clint's face was so expressive, it really elevated his scenes. So far I'm enjoying how he's being written as well.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I just finished reading all four volumes of Fraction's Hawkeye and I love it so much. Fraction's Clint has a self-destructive streak and is such a high-functioning human disaster but he cares deeply about the little people. I love his relationship with Kate Bishop; Clint never talked down to her and sees her as an equal and Kate is very loyal towards Clint and has nerves of steel.

I'm going to read West Coast Avengers, Solo Avengers, Thunderbolts and Secret Avengers next. Maybe throw in Occupy Avengers and Hawkeye: Freefall as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I just finished reading all four volumes of Fraction's Hawkeye and I love it so much. Fraction's Clint has a self-destructive streak and is such a high-functioning human disaster but he cares deeply about the little people. I love his relationship with Kate Bishop; Clint never talked down to her and sees her as an equal and Kate is very loyal towards Clint and has nerves of steel.

I'm going to read West Coast Avengers, Solo Avengers, Thunderbolts and Secret Avengers next. Maybe throw in Occupy Avengers and Hawkeye: Freefall as well.
    You have a lot ahead of you then. Enjoy~

My Twitter

I agree. This run by Fraction was so unique, such a tangential different look at Clint, I couldn't help but love it. For what it's worth, I found Clint fairly annoying until Fraction, wincing at most tales on him. He was always portrayed with a bit of the spoiled idiot, constantly complaining. I know what authors were trying to going after but it never set well with me. Fraction gave him a humanity, with a huge heart that I loved. Funny but that is the side I see Mockingbird falling fall, not the 2 dimensional angry white boy depicted for so long.

That said, kudos to Brubaker for his depiction in Cap of Clint. Especially his outrage at Osborne, snarked by Cage's comment about having to listen to Simon and Garfunkel, "white boys singing folk songs" in issue 600. Just lovely writing there.

I appreciate the Fraction run on a technical level both writing and art wise, and it pretty much defined the modern Kate Bishop, but I feel like it's had a lasting negative impact on Clint and his character since it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    the 2 dimensional angry white boy depicted for so long.
    Since we were at the topic of wincing at stuff.

My Twitter

does clint barton like ICP, like not enough to be a juggalo but is he down with the clown
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I appreciate the Fraction run on a technical level both writing and art wise, and it pretty much defined the modern Kate Bishop, but I feel like it's had a lasting negative impact on Clint and his character since it happened.
    This is where I'm at with it as well. At the time I really loved the book as seeing a hero I loved so much struggling with depression was really important to me. In some ways that version of Clint remains important to me personally (though it's definitely not my favourite version), but the way some writers and many fans have taken just the goofy bits to carry forward and left behind the deeper parts bothers me. That run feels like both one of both the best and worst things to happen to Clint in the comics.

By the by, suggestion time:

Hawkeye: Blindspot
    Avengers the Reunion/Hawkeye & Mockingbird /Widowmaker
    Hawkeye (2003) by Nicieza

All these stories happen between his time with the Thunderbolts (which I have to admit I still haven't read) and the Fraction run and are outside Bendis's New Avengers and all the events that came with it, Clint's most in depth stories during that time.

And if the Fraction tone was your jam I suggest not skipping Kot's run on the aforementioned Secret Avengers and maybe checking Hawkeye Vs Deadpool too.

What I would NOT suggest is reading All New Hawkeye which is a pale imitation of Fractions book with questionable characterisations.

My Twitter