Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    The Solicits for February's issue of Avengers #42 don't mention Clint by name but curiously enough this is the variant cover.
    YES!!!

I have the Cap and Daredevil one, so I needed this one to happen.

Mighty Member

tumblr_35d291ba273905bae19ab1d19666611a_f515d808_2048.jpg

Anyone has read the "ASM 51.LR" ? Because Hawkeye's name is mention in the live news and the way it describe it sound like he has a become a criminal is he ? The reporter seems to ask about his recent bizzare situation.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

Anyone has read the "ASM 51.LR" ? Because Hawkeye's name is mention in the live news and the way it describe it sound like he has a become a criminal is he ? The reporter seems to ask about his recent bizzare situation.
    It seems to be what the villains at the end of Freefall thought. Nice to see someone picking up on that stuff.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

It seems to be what the villains at the end of Freefall thought. Nice to see someone picking up on that stuff.
    These issues are written or at least co-written by Rosenberg, so its not someone else picking it up--its just him throwing in a reference to it. Still, nice to see some acknowledgement of it in another book at least.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

Nice follow-up to Freefall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    These issues are written or at least co-written by Rosenberg, so its not someone else picking it up--its just him throwing in a reference to it. Still, nice to see some acknowledgement of it in another book at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Nice follow-up to Freefall.
    Freefall and the ongoings of Daredevil. Cool stuff. Rosenberg and Zdarsky can write whatever they want for Marvel and I'd probably read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    You know I googled the issue just to make sure and google said Spencer so I figured he picked that up. My b haha.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

You know I googled the issue just to make sure and google said Spencer so I figured he picked that up. My b haha.
    You need to make sure you specify the ".LR" after the issue #. There is #51 AND there is #51.LR. Spencer is writing the regular issues solo, and Rosenberg is co-writing the .LR (Last Remains) issues. It gets a bit confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Freefall and the ongoings of Daredevil. Cool stuff. Rosenberg and Zdarsky can write whatever they want for Marvel and I'd probably read it.
    I can't find myself agreeing with this because my first exposure to Rosenberg was through Uncanny X-Men (2018) with the terribly written Cyclops & Jean Grey reunion (with a jealous and dejected Emma Frost and Wolvie at the sides) haha. That's why I was shocked when I found Tales of Suspense: Hawkeye & The Winter Soldier to be amazing. Rosenberg is definitely on fire when writing Hawkeye.

And speaking of Hawkeye: Freefall, I just realized that Clint was lying to Sam and Bucky when he said he paid a Turk about the whereabouts of Ronin and Clint was misleading the readers when he was admiring how Ronin was more muscular than he was when really, he was just complimenting himself. Nicely done.

I'm on the fence with Rosenberg personally. I loved how he wrote Clint and the Clint/Bucky dynamic in Tales of Suspense, but didn't like how he wrote Natasha. With Freefall, I absolutely hated how he wrote her cameo and didn't understand why she appeared just to be unnecessarily bitchy to Clint for no reason, especially when it seemed to go directly against what she wrote him in her Dear John letter in ToS. And in Freefall I liked parts of it, I liked how it ended up with a good setup for future stories, but Clint felt somewhat dumbed down to me, and I just couldn't wrap my head around why he was going to such great lengths (time travel, skrulls, LMDs) to deceive his friends. I get not asking for help, but this was above and beyond and it didn't feel like Clint to me. Isn't Clint more the guy that would just tell people he needs to do this himself and to screw off and let him be? I dunno, it just didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    They can write whatever anywhere, and I would probably read, too. I mean, I follow both of them in twitter, they're some really fun guys to follow, to be honest. Specially when they exchange tweets. Sometimes, they just make my day, making me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I'm on the fence with Rosenberg personally. I loved how he wrote Clint and the Clint/Bucky dynamic in Tales of Suspense, but didn't like how he wrote Natasha. With Freefall, I absolutely hated how he wrote her cameo and didn't understand why she appeared just to be unnecessarily bitchy to Clint for no reason, especially when it seemed to go directly against what she wrote him in her Dear John letter in ToS. And in Freefall I liked parts of it, I liked how it ended up with a good setup for future stories, but Clint felt somewhat dumbed down to me, and I just couldn't wrap my head around why he was going to such great lengths (time travel, skrulls, LMDs) to deceive his friends. I get not asking for help, but this was above and beyond and it didn't feel like Clint to me. Isn't Clint more the guy that would just tell people he needs to do this himself and to screw off and let him be? I dunno, it just didn't work for me.
    I don't have much comic knowledge about Clint but I assumed that Clint started going solo more frequently after his Ronin stint. I appreciate Rosenberg for keeping Freefall a Clint-only run in the sense that there are no other characters aiding him in completing his personal mission. I feel that he went the extra mile to not involve his buddies as much as possible so that they would not be targeted by The Hood since the latter had a lot of connections in NY (and possibly beyond NY), especially after he had discovered the piles of dead bodies, courtesy of The Hood and of course the deaths of Bryce and the Skrull. If anything, that was very in-character for Clint, but that's my opinion. I feel that Rosenberg added Nat for a quick cameo to give a reference to TOS. Maybe, Rosenberg felt bad for making Nat chose Bucky over Clint and deliberately keeping Clint in the dark so he wanted to give consolation to Clint?

I read Avengers #16, #98 (where Hawkeye wore that glorious miniskirt costume ) and WCA Limited Issue #1. All I can comment was how easily Clint was accepted into the Avengers team. Basically, Clint broke into the Avengers mansion, tied and gagged Jarvis and then made a promise that he would free Jarvis of his restraints with his arrows without injuring him and then he kept to that promise, and the other Avengers were like 'okay he's cool. Welcome to the team!'. I was surprised that the crowd was welcoming towards him too and none of them questioned on his competence or brought up that he attacked Iron Man three separate times. For WCA, it was cute to see Clint being so enthusiastic to be in a leadership role lol

I don't know if this is the right place to talk about this but I have been reading Clintasha, WinterHawk and Phlint fics over the past few weeks and wow, this fandom has a lot of talented writers. I keep finding new things to read even after saving over 300 bookmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to talk about this but I have been reading Clintasha, WinterHawk and Phlint fics over the past few weeks and wow, this fandom has a lot of talented writers. I keep finding new things to read even after saving over 300 bookmarks.
    Alongside with the batfam fandom, yeah; plenty of talent there, several enjoyable reads every month to bookmark if that's your thing.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-22-2020 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Alongside with the batfam fandom, yeah; plenty of talent there, several enjoyable reads every month to bookmark if that's your thing.
    Yeah I was a Dick Grayson fan for a good amount of time last year and there are so many great works. All these great fics are the reason I've not been actively reading on comic books lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I mean we definitely vagree about Tasha being off in either books.
    I can understand Clint's cold reaction to her in Freefall given the to sleep deprivation, and her admiting what she had kept a secret (also didn't she and Bucky like knock him and Bobbi out in Rosenberg's punisher run? I never read it but I believe I saw a scan) but there's little reason for her to act like she does.

For Clint in freefall: I think it all comes down to taking the whole Hawkguy deal, including the rarer angle where it's largely an act he puts on, and actually finishing the thought of where it might lead to.

You are right that in the past (I recall a scene with Iron Man pre-hawkguy for example) he just told his friends he'd have to finish this alone and that was it but this time they were up his butt about it from the getgo (largely because he played dirtier than before).
    He knew that they didn't approve of Ronin but he saw Ronin getting results were Hawkeye didn't get anything done because he played by the rules.
    The only wonky bit here to me is that they suspected him very quickly without much evidence but then again it was a very quick paced story that otherwise would have taken twice as long.

My Twitter