Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I recall correctly, in that Generations one-shot, Clint didn't even know who Bullseye was, Kate did.
    Ha, thanks. Yeah, need to check that issue out again.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    The only problem is: Most of them would just straight up tell him to stop rather than joining in. That's if we are talking Bobbi, Cap or Spooderman.
    And someone like Nat doesn't play games like that. She'd probably think about just killing the Hood and being done with all that.

But yes all of these thoughts are irrelevant since it's all about Clint doing Clint stuff.

Though I could see it being a thing that he pulls the same stunt as Widow did in her last mini, bringing in his friends for the finale.
    That said I want him to face and beat Bullseye alone. The others can have his back against the Bounty Hunters.

And I do hope we get to see all the investments he made actually paying off. That's a big hope of mine.
    Well, if you look at his previous books, in his first miniseries, Cap offered to help with whatever Clint was doing, but Clint didn't accept his help because he was afraid that Cap would take over completely and he (Clint) would just end up following someone else's plan. Whereas with Bobbi, they acted like partners and helped work out a plan together, which is also how they acted when they were a couple. Even in Fraction's Hawkeye, Bobbi and Natasha both helped Clint out by giving him more information about the people he was up against instead of shutting him down.

I think that if Clint went to Cap, Cap would try and solve the problem at the root--by exposing Fisk, but that would take too long for Clint's liking. I'm not sure how Spider-Man would handle it, but I'm sure none of these characters would say to stay out of it and keep letting the Hood get away with it. They're superheroes; their whole thing is that they don't stand by when they see injustice and that they sometimes skirt the law to do so.

I'm sure some of his friends will show up for the finale, but it'll be interesting to see how it happens. I think it might be cool if they all showed up as backup and said something like, "We're not taking no for an answer, even if you did some sketchy things, we still have your back no matter what."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Felt good to go back into this story. Excellent Hawkeye building moments here. He'll be brutal, but won't work with Kingpin or Nefaria. He's a damn good fighter (something I wish were shown more often). More importantly, we see Clint working a very good plan. In that sense, Hawkeye shows how much of a tactician he is. But sometimes his plans backfire on him. Cap's words, something to the effect that he couldn't help Clint if Clint didn't tell the truth, well, that came back to haunt him at the end of the issue. Indeed, those last few pages really ratcheted up the tension. I was REALLY scared concerning the final page. Maybe Bryce would be cut open with his guts everywhere. BUt yeah, that was pretty gruesome as well. Still up in the air whether he's dead or not.

As for Bullseye, has there been a proper fight between Hawkeye and Bullseye. Yeah, the latter take over the mantle during Dark Avengers, but I can't recall them every going head to head to see who was the better marksman. There was a one-shot Generations a couple of years ago. Clint seemed to be afraid of Bullseye there. Still anything else other than that?

All in all, a great story. Great that we got to finally see it.
    there was old man Hawkeye but they didn't really "really" fight there but Bullseye was the main antagonist.
    Then there was Generations as you mentioned and a couple of (mostly) melee fights New Avengers were he usually had Bullseyes number including when he broke into the Dark Avengers HQ of which an alternative version with a sadder ending (but great art) exists.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Well, if you look at his previous books, in his first miniseries, Cap offered to help with whatever Clint was doing, but Clint didn't accept his help because he was afraid that Cap would take over completely and he (Clint) would just end up following someone else's plan. Whereas with Bobbi, they acted like partners and helped work out a plan together, which is also how they acted when they were a couple. Even in Fraction's Hawkeye, Bobbi and Natasha both helped Clint out by giving him more information about the people he was up against instead of shutting him down.

I think that if Clint went to Cap, Cap would try and solve the problem at the root--by exposing Fisk, but that would take too long for Clint's liking. I'm not sure how Spider-Man would handle it, but I'm sure none of these characters would say to stay out of it and keep letting the Hood get away with it. They're superheroes; their whole thing is that they don't stand by when they see injustice and that they sometimes skirt the law to do so.

I'm sure some of his friends will show up for the finale, but it'll be interesting to see how it happens. I think it might be cool if they all showed up as backup and said something like, "We're not taking no for an answer, even if you did some sketchy things, we still have your back no matter what."
    Yes, poorly worded on my part. I meant they would most certainly go about it very differently and scold his ass for starting a little war on his very own.
    To me the question is less whether people will show up to help and more whether he will ask them to do so or not.

The only thing I'm fairly sure about is that he'll bleed from the nose.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I thought, the main reason Clint didn't ask for help, besides not being told to stop by anyone or going for a slower, safer method, was because he was initially reacting by sheer impulse, driven by his sense of justice. Bassically, he was very pissed and wanted to end it soon. It didn't go as well as he wanted and spiralled. After that... How could he ask for help? Him feelling out of the "cool guys" group, with him not seeing himself inside the Avengers anymore (idiot), didn't help, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I thought, the main reason Clint didn't ask for help, besides not being told to stop by anyone or going for a slower, safer method, was because he was initially reacting by sheer impulse, driven by his sense of justice. Bassically, he was very pissed and wanted to end it soon. It didn't go as well as he wanted and spiralled. After that... How could he ask for help? Him feelling out of the "cool guys" group, with him not seeing himself inside the Avengers anymore (idiot), didn't help, I think.
    Possibly! That said Clint has those ego trips from time to time and much like Natasha has to relearn to ask for help.
    That's just comics I guess hahaha.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Hawkeye returns from the dead!
    (HoM)

art: Olivier Coipel
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-10-2020 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Hawkeye returns from the dead!
    (HoM)

art: Olivier Coipel
    Loved that page.

My Twitter

The ending of Freefall is so goddamn good that it makes me glad the series didn't continue.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The ending of Freefall is so goddamn good that it makes me glad the series didn't continue.
    Glad I checked on this thread b/c I wouldn’t have known this came out today! I think it’s a disservice that this series went digital only halfway through the story, especially since IMO it was really hitting on all cylinders (NOT a Hawkeye superfan just enjoying the story). Hopefully they’ll release a nice OHC edition of the series at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I actually would love to see how it goes from.there because I fear they'll just drop the storyline that's teased on the last page if another writer were to take over.

That being said: ITS SO FREAKING GOOD YOU GUYS.
    spoilers:
    I really didn't expect it to play like this.
    I thought Bryce would survive and and Clint would get help from other Heroes protecting him while he takes care of Bullseye and in the end there would be a "Okay I made some mistakes but it was worth it" scene where we see some of the businesses he sponsored doing well.

Instead he did it all on his own, Bryce actually died, (we saw the Skycycle AND the old costume) and Clint is in a very intriguing place now in the end
    end of spoilers

My Twitter

The way that ended, no way was it planned as the last issue. Rosenberg didn't mention it being the last one on the letters page either, so if this was it, it was a late decision.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

What a ride!

spoilers:
    Every single prediction I had about this series was subverted (except for the one where I guessed that Daredevil wouldn't know Clint was in the Ronin costume at the end of #3). This ended up being a character study on Clint. I just hope that Marvel doesn't let it drop; that the next time Clint shows up, he's at the same place that he is at the end of this book, and that he needs to face the consequences. I hope he uses this as an excuse to examine everything about his mental health and his choices going all the way back to Disassembled. It seems like so much of his behavior since then stems from unexamined/repressed rage at being killed by someone he thought was one of his closest friends and that he's never really given himself a chance to be angry about it. The only time he ever came close to confronting Wanda over it, she just went and killed him again, so I can see why he hasn't brought it up again since she got her memory back. (Also, he might feel guilty about it, knowing that she wasn't in her right mind at the time. But he still needs to allow himself the anger...and get lots of therapy.)

Also, I'd like him to go to Bobbi and tell her all of the above and admit that when he attacked Crossfire back in Hawkeye & Mockingbird and then decided that it was her post-Skrull trauma rubbing off on him, it was actually his own thing. I'm tired of this thing between them where they can't be together because she's supposedly too hardened for him when what we see on panel proves that this isn't the case. I also thought it was interesting that she was the only one of his friends who didn't text/call him when everyone else did. I don't know if she knew everyone else would be doing that and she didn't want to pile up, or what, but I think it also leaves an opening for him to take the initiative and go to her and tell her the whole story and admit he needs help getting his head screwed on straight.

All in all, I feel like this miniseries was a huge shakeup of Clint's status quo and I really hope Marvel doesn't drop the ball. It's unfortunate timing, with them cutting back on titles at the moment, but there's so much potential for growth right at this moment and it would be such a shame if it were squandered.
    end of spoilers

Well, seems like Bobbi's fears from, like, ten years ago? finally took shape and Clint has finally broken.

Damn, what an end for the book.
    This turned out to be a very good take on Clint's character. And also a good way of showing both his strengths and flaws. It hurts me that this doesn't have any follow.

I am absolutely dying to see what's gonna happen next to the avenging Archer.
    I know he's got an appearance in the upcoming Black Widow book but I doubt this ending will affect whatever guest appearance he's gonna have there.

Other than that I don't really know of anything. Does anyone have any other leads?

My Twitter