Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Throw Bucky in and you have a ver uhm... unique dynamic.
    I'd buy 3 of every issue

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I'd buy 3 of every issue
    Me too.
    They make for a great buddy dynamic.

The three of them could be hilarious. Buck as the blue oni to Clint's red, and Clint's blue to Wade's red oni.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-22-2020 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Me too.
    They make for a great buddy dynamic.

The three of them could be hilarious. Buck as the blue oni to Clint's red, and Clint's blue to Wade's red oni.
    Ugh I need a new Secret Avengers/Thunderbolts/whatever you want the book to be called.

Ugh I need a new Secret Avengers/Thunderbolts/whatever you want the book to be called.
    A T-Bolts book would be a propper fit. Uncanny Avengers too, for what's worth. Or I don't know, Maybe Avengers. Avengers Three in One? Avengers The Good, The Bad and the Ugly? Marksmen?

A T-Bolts book would be a propper fit. Uncanny Avengers too, for what's worth. Or I don't know, Maybe Avengers. Avengers Three in One? Avengers The Good, The Bad and the Ugly? Marksmen?
    All 3 have been a part of T-Bolts and an Avengers unit, so whatever you wanna call it, I'm buying it lol

I don't want Clint on the Secret Avengers or a T-Bolts Suicide Squad because it means he'll probably still be wearing that t-shirt and shades costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't want Clint on the Secret Avengers or a T-Bolts Suicide Squad because it means he'll probably still be wearing that t-shirt and shades costume.
    He isn't one of my favorite characters because of what outfit he wears, so I don't really mind what the book is called or which clothes he decides on. If he wears the traditional gear, great. If he wears the more tactical stuff, that's fine too. And the latter's look really is determined by the artist. It can be drawn well or way too plain.

He isn't one of my favorite characters because of what outfit he wears, so I don't really mind what the book is called or which clothes he decides on. If he wears the traditional gear, great. If he wears the more tactical stuff, that's fine too. And the latter's look really is determined by the artist. It can be drawn well or way too plain.
    Well, I think his costume denotes what kind of character he i to some degrees, and I just see too many negative connotations with the current look for me to enjoy seeing it any more.

I didn't mean a SS-esque T-Bolts book. Not my cup of tea, personally. But a more spy oriented Thunderbolts could be nice, but in a performing way. I mean: Clint's awful at spying usually, but he can pull on a straight performance when he has to be flashy and in character (not acting, just being his flashy self). I didn't mention Secret Avengers either, because I don't think it fits the character's story either: too much murdering and secrecy for people like Clint or Wade. Clint, because it kills him when it last too long; Wade, because he has zero subtly.

I'd buy 3 of every issue
    Given how popular it has gotten on the ol interwebs since Tales of Suspense I need Wade to tell them he ships them both.
    With Clint being like "What?" because he knows what that means and with Bucks being like "What?" because he has no idea what that means.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I didn't mean a SS-esque T-Bolts book. Not my cup of tea, personally. But a more spy oriented Thunderbolts could be nice, but in a performing way. I mean: Clint's awful at spying usually, but he can pull on a straight performance when he has to be flashy and in character (not acting, just being his flashy self). I didn't mention Secret Avengers either, because I don't think it fits the character's story either: too much murdering and secrecy for people like Clint or Wade. Clint, because it kills him when it last too long; Wade, because he has zero subtly.
    Yeah I can agree with that. Thunderbolts would probably be the most apt title, just because it's had a few good many iterations. Though, it looks like that name is going to be under control by Fisk in King in Black... so maybe not.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I didn't expect the discussion to veer into WinterHawk territory (it's one of my fav ships and the ao3 tag is growing day by day and I love it to see it) but please continue....

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I didn't expect the discussion to veer into WinterHawk territory (it's one of my fav ships and the ao3 tag is growing day by day and I love it to see it) but please continue....
    It's one of my faves too, I'm not going to lie here. If only the fics could drop the movies characterizations and backgrounds... welp, can't be helped, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Hahaha I enjoy it in an ironic or rather jokey way, I guess. Not that that you can't ship them seriously if that's what floats your boat but I see it as an inside joke since they act like a married-4-thirty-years couple lately. I don't see Marvel ever following through with that tho. At least not in the main universe.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Hahaha I enjoy it in an ironic or rather jokey way, I guess. Not that that you can't ship them seriously if that's what floats your boat but I see it as an inside joke since they act like a married-4-thirty-years couple lately. I don't see Marvel ever following through with that tho. At least not in the main universe.
    A pitty. As I said, I see so much potential fun with the banter between these two. They do give that vibe, in an absolutely non romantic way. I like the shipping tag because it makes for some really fun reads;but I also follow the merely friends tag for that same reason. Bendis lost a good chance for writing fun and dramatic stuff when Buck as Cap and Clint was the leader of the team. I remember myself thinking, "these two could make for a great story about legacy, responsibility and mentorship and what's not, and still leave for some laughs for the readers. Also, death jokes". Lost chance back then. I guess it makes sense, because I don't think he really understands Clint and probably Buck's reimagining was too fresh, that he didn't do anything.