Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 248
  1. #166
    Fantastic Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Do we know for sure that the book is being extended past a miniseries? I know there was that tweet from Rosenberg, but it had something of a joking vibe to it given that the visible snippet of script included seemed very fake. It would be weird to joke about a book getting extended...but then its also odd that he would make a public tweet about the book being extended without that being reported as news at CBR and other comic news sites.
    The solicits for the first month or two said "out of 5," but Rosenberg was saying from the beginning that it isn't a mini. Now that the April solicitations for issue #5 are out, they don't say "out of 5," and he's still saying it's not a mini and was never supposed to be. At this point, if there is no issue #6, I would be very surprised.

  2. #167
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    The solicits for the first month or two said "out of 5," but Rosenberg was saying from the beginning that it isn't a mini. Now that the April solicitations for issue #5 are out, they don't say "out of 5," and he's still saying it's not a mini and was never supposed to be. At this point, if there is no issue #6, I would be very surprised.
    Fair enough. Its all just very weird in how its being handled. Even the title of the book - HAWKEYE: FREEFALL - sounds like it is a miniseries. If we keep going with issue #6, is the "Freefall" going to be dropped from the title, or will it be permanent? It just sounds like the people behind the scenes don't actually know what they're doing with the book.

    Something similar happened months ago with the MARY JANE series. It was announced as an ongoing, but the writer clarified on her Twitter that it was only a miniseries but that if sales were strong it might be extended. And Marvel is like "nope, it IS an ongoing". So, behind the scenes, someone decided to give the series the green light to go ahead as ongoing...but no one bothered to inform the writer of the book, and she had to find out about it from CBR, Newsarama, etc.

    I hope they smarten up and this sort of thing doesn't keep happening. It makes it very difficult for readers to properly budget for which titles they are going to get, and for retailers to accurately judge how much they need to order -- which ultimately will hurt sales on these books. Plus it just makes Marvel's editors and/or marketing department look incompetent.

  3. #168
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Freefall #3 spoilers
    spoilers:
    So we have our explanation and it's actually the kind of "weird tech" solution I was partially expecting.
    And Spidey already broke it.

    Other thoughts Shame Natasha didn't do or say more than in the review but it felt like she's being teased for the future. Maybe. Or I'm just projecting.

    Either way: I liked that the Mask Censorship is back.
    What I liked even more however is that it's acknowledged by a character in the story that Clint plays dumb.
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Good, the Bad, the Ugnaught

  4. #169
    Fantastic Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Thoughts on Hawkeye: Freefall #3:

    spoilers:
    So it is time travel after all? I guess he couldn't really be working with a partner if the message of the story is, "Clint is lying to all his friends," but I wouldn't have minded seeing Echo. Oh, well.

    I liked seeing Natasha, but this book is crammed with guest stars who don't do anything aside from banter with Clint for a couple of pages and then disappear. Although I can't complain, because it gives me a chance to see how Otto renders them all so wonderfully.

    Bryce is fun, and the Friends reference ("Pivot!") made me laugh out loud.

    Night Nurse...I actually expected her to stick around until issue five. If this is really the last we're seeing of her here, then I don't think she was used to her full potential. She appeared in a handful of panels each issue, and only in the role of "Clint's girlfriend," as opposed to Linda Carter, Night Nurse. Her job was only mentioned offhand, we never got to see anything unique about her, like, for example, her steel spine and the way she stands up to bad guys despite not being a fighter...it feels like her role could have been played by almost any other woman in the Marvel universe and it wouldn't have changed the story. In fact, in his internal narrative, Clint never refers to her by name, only as "my girlfriend." It's possible that she'll come back and play a bigger part in the story, but we haven't learned anything about their relationship to explain why she would bother. I was amused by her going right from, "I think I'm falling in love with you" to dumping Clint in four seconds flat after finding out that he did something reckless and impulsive. He totally deserved it, don't get me wrong, but...who exactly did she think she was falling in love with? How long has he been keeping up the illusion that he isn't exactly the type of person who would do this sort of thing, and how long did he think he could continue keeping it up?

    Daredevil! I'm thinking, in theory, Matt might not have figured out that Clint is Ronin; maybe he just thinks that Hawkeye is poking his nose into a Maggia crime scene for whatever reason. Except that even if so, Clint doesn't know that Matt doesn't know, so he would probably say something that gives it away within the first few seconds. Or, you know, maybe Natasha already told him.

    The last page wasn't the kind of suspenseful twist that issue #2 was, but I still can't wait to see what happens next!
    end of spoilers

  5. #170
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Thoughts on Hawkeye: Freefall #3:

    spoilers:
    So it is time travel after all? I guess he couldn't really be working with a partner if the message of the story is, "Clint is lying to all his friends," but I wouldn't have minded seeing Echo. Oh, well.

    I liked seeing Natasha, but this book is crammed with guest stars who don't do anything aside from banter with Clint for a couple of pages and then disappear. Although I can't complain, because it gives me a chance to see how Otto renders them all so wonderfully.

    Bryce is fun, and the Friends reference ("Pivot!") made me laugh out loud.

    Night Nurse...I actually expected her to stick around until issue five. If this is really the last we're seeing of her here, then I don't think she was used to her full potential. She appeared in a handful of panels each issue, and only in the role of "Clint's girlfriend," as opposed to Linda Carter, Night Nurse. Her job was only mentioned offhand, we never got to see anything unique about her, like, for example, her steel spine and the way she stands up to bad guys despite not being a fighter...it feels like her role could have been played by almost any other woman in the Marvel universe and it wouldn't have changed the story. In fact, in his internal narrative, Clint never refers to her by name, only as "my girlfriend." It's possible that she'll come back and play a bigger part in the story, but we haven't learned anything about their relationship to explain why she would bother. I was amused by her going right from, "I think I'm falling in love with you" to dumping Clint in four seconds flat after finding out that he did something reckless and impulsive. He totally deserved it, don't get me wrong, but...who exactly did she think she was falling in love with? How long has he been keeping up the illusion that he isn't exactly the type of person who would do this sort of thing, and how long did he think he could continue keeping it up?

    Daredevil! I'm thinking, in theory, Matt might not have figured out that Clint is Ronin; maybe he just thinks that Hawkeye is poking his nose into a Maggia crime scene for whatever reason. Except that even if so, Clint doesn't know that Matt doesn't know, so he would probably say something that gives it away within the first few seconds. Or, you know, maybe Natasha already told him.

    The last page wasn't the kind of suspenseful twist that issue #2 was, but I still can't wait to see what happens next!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Very much doubt this is the last time we see the good ol' Night Nurse. I'm not sure she'll be with Clint after Freefall ends but she's definitely gonna play a role otherwise she would not have mentioned that a gang war is going on.
    Here is thinking she'll have to fix him up at some point when he gets badly hurt while going around as Ronin.

    As for Natasha: No way she's gonna go ahead and tell Daredevil just like that.
    And you should read the synopsis for issue 4 if you want to know more about how much Daredevil knows. It explains some stuff. Unless you don't wanna get spoiled
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Good, the Bad, the Ugnaught

  6. #171
    Fantastic Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    spoilers:
    As for Natasha: No way she's gonna go ahead and tell Daredevil just like that.
    And you should read the synopsis for issue 4 if you want to know more about how much Daredevil knows. It explains some stuff. Unless you don't wanna get spoiled
    end of spoilers
    I read the synopsis, but those are intentionally vague. They were all released before the Ronin reveal, so they're written in a way that doesn't give away too much.

  7. #172
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,605

    Default

    Best moment.

    H A W K E Y E.jpg

    I'm loving Night Nurse.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  8. #173
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Best moment.

    H A W K E Y E.jpg

    I'm loving Night Nurse.
    Equal opportunity fanservice .

  9. #174
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    My favourite moment has got to he be the ending.
    Completely changing tone without any of it feeling out of place or forced isn't always easy to pull off.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Good, the Bad, the Ugnaught

  10. #175
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,990

    Default



    Otto Schmidt just shared this on twitter.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Good, the Bad, the Ugnaught

  11. #176
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post


    Otto Schmidt just shared this on twitter.
    This might just be fanart but...I would kill to see this in the comics! That's Hawkeye .

  12. #177
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This might just be fanart but...I would kill to see this in the comics! That's Hawkeye .
    On one hand it's fanart on the other it is fanart from the guy who draws the current book.
    So who knows?
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Good, the Bad, the Ugnaught

  13. #178
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    On one hand it's fanart on the other it is fanart from the guy who draws the current book.
    So who knows?
    I think Clint's due a new costume.

  14. #179
    Extraordinary Member Winterboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,605

    Default

    Next in Freefall....

    EQxh_P6XYAEYJxs.jpg
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture


    "Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

  15. #180
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    48,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Next in Freefall....

    EQxh_P6XYAEYJxs.jpg
    Oh hey, Bobbi actually is going to show up .

    "My ex-wife is always screwing everything up by caring about me." To be honest Clint, I thought that was your problem.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •