Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 375
  1. #301
    Caperucita Roja Zaresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I am absolutely dying to see what's gonna happen next to the avenging Archer.
    I know he's got an appearance in the upcoming Black Widow book but I doubt this ending will affect whatever guest appearance he's gonna have there.

    Other than that I don't really know of anything. Does anyone have any other leads?
    Nope. Not me.
    But I guess this puts Clint in a sweet, good, convenient place for whatever they release once the show starts. That's next year, so whatever they do with him until them, I doubt he's going to resolve this business before then.

    That said, I'll leave here this Mr Fighting Pit Hawkeye--sorry not sorry-- by Otto Schmidt that I saw yesterday in his twitter account. I will miss his hands in the character. My sorrow for this book's end is bottomless--I'm some dramatic girl, sometimes.

    hawkeye.jpg
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-02-2020 at 09:53 AM.
    Always changing; ever the same.

    This is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

  2. #302
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    No.

    Just no.

    Bryce gets shot up with arrows. He doesn't want to go to a hospital. This is where Hawkeye says saving his life is more important than his warrants. This is basic superhero. He saves his life and then sees if he can use his status to put in a good word for the kid later.

    You save the life first.

    And in a moment of extreme character assassination, what does Hawkeye say "..Okay I know a place"

    WHERE (CLAP) IS (CLAP) THE (CLAP) EDITOR?!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  3. #303
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Nope. Not me.
    But I guess this puts Clint in a sweet, good, convenient place for whatever they release once the show starts. That's next year, so whatever they do with him until them, I doubt he's going to resolve this business before then.

    That said, I'll leave here this Mr Fighting Pit Hawkeye--sorry not sorry-- by Otto Schmidt that I saw yesterday in his twitter account. I will miss his hands in the character. My sorrow for this book's end is bottomless--I'm some dramatic girl, sometimes.

    hawkeye.jpg
    I saw it, it looks badass.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Good, the Bad, the Ugnaught

  4. #304
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,612

    Default

    I was happy to see the classic suit, but at this point I think we need a "Hawkeye: Reborn" series with the state Clint's in.

  5. #305
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No.

    Just no.

    Bryce gets shot up with arrows. He doesn't want to go to a hospital. This is where Hawkeye says saving his life is more important than his warrants. This is basic superhero. He saves his life and then sees if he can use his status to put in a good word for the kid later.

    You save the life first.

    And in a moment of extreme character assassination, what does Hawkeye say "..Okay I know a place"

    WHERE (CLAP) IS (CLAP) THE (CLAP) EDITOR?!
    You trippin' if you think I'm taking hospital bills and potential prison over a higher chance of freedom from this mortal coil.
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

  6. #306
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    Just a real human issue here. Clint tried his best in saving Bryce and you think that would be enough. Sadly, it wasn't. That simple panel, with Night Nurse talking about the coroner, that's when the real emotions came. Hawkeye is just a regular guy trying the best he can. Sometimes he messes up. But damn, did he tried to make up for it the rest of the issue.

    Indeed, loved that confrontation between Clint and Bullseye. Always wondered who had the better aim. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. All that matters is the type of arrows. Screw turning paper clips and teeth into weapons Bullseye! That #$^ ain't nothing compared to an explosive arrow! Plus, the way Clint tortured Bullseye....yeah, he may be an Avenger or just the guy who shoots arrows. But when you get down to it, Clint can be just as down and dirty as any psychopath assassin the the MU.

    Loved that switch that he did against the Hood. And the way he just brutalized the Hood towards the end...excellent stuff.

    Yeah, like the rest of you, I'm looking out to see what happens next.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  7. #307
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just a real human issue here. Clint tried his best in saving Bryce and you think that would be enough.
    No, no he didn't. His best would be a hospital. It wasn't enough, not even close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Sadly, it wasn't. That simple panel, with Night Nurse talking about the coroner, that's when the real emotions came. Hawkeye is just a regular guy trying the best he can.
    No. Hawkeye is not a regular guy not even close. Good grief is the bar really this low for the character now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Sometimes he messes up. But damn, did he tried to make up for it the rest of the issue.
    Yeah, by going to Count Nefaria....off panel of course because seeing the actual interaction would have been interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Indeed, loved that confrontation between Clint and Bullseye. Always wondered who had the better aim. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. All that matters is the type of arrows. Screw turning paper clips and teeth into weapons Bullseye! That #$^ ain't nothing compared to an explosive arrow! Plus, the way Clint tortured Bullseye....yeah, he may be an Avenger or just the guy who shoots arrows. But when you get down to it, Clint can be just as down and dirty as any psychopath assassin the the MU.

    Loved that switch that he did against the Hood. And the way he just brutalized the Hood towards the end...excellent stuff.

    Yeah, like the rest of you, I'm looking out to see what happens next.
    Hopefully nothing, because this went from print to digital so we know how Marvel feels about it. This was also my first real exposure to Rosenberg and am trying to figure out if he is always this bad or just didn't know anything about the character.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-02-2020 at 08:43 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  8. #308
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just a real human issue here. Clint tried his best in saving Bryce and you think that would be enough. Sadly, it wasn't. That simple panel, with Night Nurse talking about the coroner, that's when the real emotions came. Hawkeye is just a regular guy trying the best he can. Sometimes he messes up. But damn, did he tried to make up for it the rest of the issue.
    I mean, he doesn't have powers but I'd say Clint is anything but "regular." Human, maybe.
    Indeed, loved that confrontation between Clint and Bullseye. Always wondered who had the better aim. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. All that matters is the type of arrows. Screw turning paper clips and teeth into weapons Bullseye! That #$^ ain't nothing compared to an explosive arrow! Plus, the way Clint tortured Bullseye....yeah, he may be an Avenger or just the guy who shoots arrows. But when you get down to it, Clint can be just as down and dirty as any psychopath assassin the the MU.
    Well, that's...troubling. Maybe there was a piece of Ultimate Hawkeye in him this whole time. And to think they doctored a video of him assassinating someone.

  9. #309
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Avengers Mountain.
    Posts
    5,767

    Default

    A Review of the last issue of Hawkeye Freefall.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/review-ha...-broken-bones/
    " This is why you're the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, Stark. Because you're stronger than anyone. It's not the armor....and you know it. Your here because impossible things happen, and when they do, They call on you to deal with them. You see the angles, Tony. You always have. You see the possible solutions to things that shouldn't be happening." CAROL DANVERS

  10. #310
    I hate Christmas Matternativ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    2,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, he doesn't have powers but I'd say Clint is anything but "regular." Human, maybe.

    Well, that's...troubling. Maybe there was a piece of Ultimate Hawkeye in him this whole time. And to think they doctored a video of him assassinating someone.
    I don't know about that. Ultimate Clint would have "solved the issue" three pages into issue #1 by mass murdering everyone.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

    Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Good, the Bad, the Ugnaught

  11. #311
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    No, no he didn't. His best would be a hospital. It wasn't enough, not even close.



    No. Hawkeye is not a regular guy not even close. Good grief is the bar really this low for the character now?



    Yeah, by going to Count Nefaria....off panel of course because seeing the actual interaction would have been interesting.



    Hopefully nothing, because this went from print to digital so we know how Marvel feels about it. This was also my first real exposure to Rosenberg and am trying to figure out if he is always this bad or just didn't know anything about the character.
    Ha, okay bro. These are interesting ideas and I get them. However, I respectfully disagree with some of them. Bringing Bryce to the hospital was a split-second choice kind of thing. Clint was in the heat of the moment and in that moment he chose the option which seemed the best at the time. Considering that he had a friend who was dying with arrows all over him, he wanted to take him to a hospital but still wanted to respect his wishes, thinking that Night Nurse had the skills and had discreetly handled emergencies like this in the past, I could see why he chose Night Nurse. And that links to my idea of Hawkeye being the regular guy. Captain America may have made the right choice. He probably would have made it work too. Bryce probably would have lived. But Clint isn't Cap, he isn't perfect. In this issue, he's just like us regular people. We make decisions. And no matter the outcome, we try to make it the best decision we can.

    As for Nefaria, yeah, it's cool that Clint met him off panel. That helped with the surprise later on. I think that's good storytelling.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  12. #312
    The Celestial Dragon Tien Long's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY/NJ Area
    Posts
    1,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, he doesn't have powers but I'd say Clint is anything but "regular." Human, maybe.

    Well, that's...troubling. Maybe there was a piece of Ultimate Hawkeye in him this whole time. And to think they doctored a video of him assassinating someone.
    Troubling, yes. Clint has potential to do harm. He could (and has) cross a line. Jury is still out if he crossed the line with Bullseye. He strives not to though. Again, just a regular guy trying to live up to high expectations.

    As the same time, within that fear of him, there is a respect. Yeah, he's the purple arrow guy, on a team with gods, technological knights, and super-soldiers. But yeah, he could hurt, maim, and kill. So yeah, we shouldn't look down on that.
    "I am a man of peace."

    "A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

  13. #313
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Clint ended the series in a very dark place, but I don't think he actually crossed a line or became a villain. He beat up Bullseye and the Hood pretty bad, but he didn't cause any permanent damage (aside from getting rid of Parker's powers, but that's probably for the best). It's no worse than what he did to Crossfire in Hawkeye & Mockingbird. Not that this is standard behavior for him, but I think it's an interesting turn in his character arc. He's been saddled with his post-Fraction characterization for so long, and this was a good way to move his arc in a different direction. Plus, I think it makes sense, especially if they take the opportunity to really explore Clint's psychological issues. I know I probably sound like a broken record here, but I really think they should revisit his trauma from Disassembled and House of M. Dr. Strange told him that seeking out Wanda wouldn't bring him closure, and Clint admitted that he was right. So that must be a huge well of angst and trust issues that could be explored in a future run.

  14. #314
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I don't know about that. Ultimate Clint would have "solved the issue" three pages into issue #1 by mass murdering everyone.
    Well, I did say "a piece" .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Troubling, yes. Clint has potential to do harm. He could (and has) cross a line. Jury is still out if he crossed the line with Bullseye. He strives not to though. Again, just a regular guy trying to live up to high expectations.

    As the same time, within that fear of him, there is a respect. Yeah, he's the purple arrow guy, on a team with gods, technological knights, and super-soldiers. But yeah, he could hurt, maim, and kill. So yeah, we shouldn't look down on that.
    I just don't see a "regular" guy getting trained by Swordsman, raised in the circus, or going on to lead his own Avengers and Thunderbolts teams. Pre-Faction I'm not sure if Clint would count himself much as a regular guy either.
    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Clint ended the series in a very dark place, but I don't think he actually crossed a line or became a villain. He beat up Bullseye and the Hood pretty bad, but he didn't cause any permanent damage (aside from getting rid of Parker's powers, but that's probably for the best). It's no worse than what he did to Crossfire in Hawkeye & Mockingbird. Not that this is standard behavior for him, but I think it's an interesting turn in his character arc. He's been saddled with his post-Fraction characterization for so long, and this was a good way to move his arc in a different direction. Plus, I think it makes sense, especially if they take the opportunity to really explore Clint's psychological issues. I know I probably sound like a broken record here, but I really think they should revisit his trauma from Disassembled and House of M. Dr. Strange told him that seeking out Wanda wouldn't bring him closure, and Clint admitted that he was right. So that must be a huge well of angst and trust issues that could be explored in a future run.
    Seriously...Hawkeye Reborn. I think if any character needs it, it's Clint.

  15. #315
    Incredible Member OOTCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seriously...Hawkeye Reborn. I think if any character needs it, it's Clint.
    Yep, I'd go for that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •