Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    The trenchcoat kinda felt like the outfit was only halfway done and they just didn't bother to finish it imo.

As it was it looked like he was the most protected against the rain if nothing else.

But like, give the coat some goggles, a hood and some additional belts and whistles and it would be an alright steam-punk inspired costume.
    I thought it was stylish. Goggles and a hood just wouldn't fit Clint in my opinion (although I know Ultimate Hawkeye had goggles). Only so much they can do without him wearing a mask.

Saw those tweets from Rosenberg.. thought it was funny given our conversations from a few days ago. I enjoy how much he likes Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was stylish. Goggles and a hood just wouldn't fit Clint in my opinion (although I know Ultimate Hawkeye had goggles). Only so much they can do without him wearing a mask.
    Curious. I thought it universally considered "not good" but ey hardly a deal breaker. It's not that I thought it was atrocious just kind of ...boring and lacking.

I did like his look in Civil War the most. The overall slimmer look, the three days beard, the asymmetric sleeves and the the blue colour were not exactly big changes from the OG costume but they went a long way of making him look more distinct.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Saw those tweets from Rosenberg.. thought it was funny given our conversations from a few days ago. I enjoy how much he likes Clint.
    I know, he seems to genuinely enjoy it whenever he gets to write him.
    A couple of days back he this so fingers crossed hell just throw him into whatever he gets to do next. Apart from his guest appearances in Black Widow (and who knows how long those will go on?) we don't exactly have much to look forward to outside of his upcoming game appearance.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 10-28-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

The trench coat looked better than a t-shirt in my opinion. Better that than those shades.

I forgot about Bucky having long hair because of movie synergy.
    I was going to mention it before in my post, but I totally missed it. He was very stylish before the movie, with leather jackets and stuff. Now, he looks like a man in a hard place half the time (insert sad face).

Also, in my previous post, I meant when he doesn't cut his air, etc. I don't know how, but lately, I keep messing my sentences pretty bad, forgetting negatives and past tenses and what's not. Sorry in advance. I guess I'm just a bit too tired by work.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-28-2020 at 12:46 PM.

Curious. I thought it universally considered "not good" but ey hardly a deal breaker. It's not that I thought it was atrocious just kind of ...boring and lacking.

I did like his look in Civil War the most. The overall slimmer look, the three days beard, the asymmetric sleeves and the the blue colour were not exactly big changes from the OG costume but they went a long way of making him look more distinct.
    Pretty much all of Clint's Hawkeye costumes in the movies are kind of just "there" for me. None of them are really all that interesting to me.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I get it to an extent.
    He arguably got less cool stuff to do in 2012's Avengers than anyone else and Age of Ultron kind of hammered the point home that he's the "weakest" Avenger. And when you compare Renners physique to those of the other fighting non-nerd avengers who are all so impossibly ripped that it's almost comical at times that might reinforce that sentiment.

He's also been much less athletic in the Movies until Civil War came around that even addressed that in part.
    It's no coincidence that the whole "Hawkeye is a loser" thing has died down a bit since then considering he got to fight 'TChalla and Iron Man who fight above his weight class.
    On daughter of one of the Russo's is a huge Hawkeye fan so I kinda feel like that made them portray him as more of a heavy weight than previous installments of the MCU did.
    Ehh I still don't get it but maybe it's because I was already biased towards the character.

I'm kind of surprised they hyped up the Ronin stuff only for him to only wear the suit for, like, 5 minutes of actual screentime. But it wouldn't have really made sense for him to still be going like that for the rest of the movie.
    I think the Ronin sequence was one of the best action sequences in the entire MCU. It was short but it was dark and gritty and I love that so much. Hopefully the TV series will cover more on that.

I thought that was a sensible way to use it though.
    Mostly because most of the hyping up had been done by fans rather than the studio to begin with.

@something else:

Since we had the whole #winterhawk conversation earlier I thought I might as well share something Rosenberg tweeted just now.

Pretty wholesome I'd say.
    This is the same guy who gave us Tales of Suspense: Hawkeye and Winter Soldier so if he doesn't ship WinterHawk, I don't know what else to say.

I'm torn between his CW and EG looks. I like the CW outfit for the reasons you mentioned especially the asymmetric sleeves. I like the EG look because of the way his quiver and sword sheath were attached to his outfit and also the Widow Bites.

Pretty much all of Clint's Hawkeye costumes in the movies are kind of just "there" for me. None of them are really all that interesting to me.
    I mean I agree. There wasn't a real standout look but they I still liked some of them more or less than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Ehh I still don't get it but maybe it's because I was already biased towards the character.

I'm torn between his CW and EG looks. I like the CW outfit for the reasons you mentioned especially the asymmetric sleeves. I like the EG look because of the way his quiver and sword sheath were attached to his outfit and also the Widow Bites.
    Tbh the main reason I give the CW outfit the edge is simply that it's blue. Even without a mask, his tactical outfit (when it ain't drawn as t-shirt and jeans) would instantly look more flashy and fitting in the comics too if there was some colour to it.
    By the by, I wish his bow could turn into a staff like in that movie. That was just really neat.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Agreed with the CW outfit being my favourite. The asymmetry of it made it more interesting to look at, and the fact that it was blue instead of black. Would have preferred purple, but I still very much liked that look.

I also enjoyed the Endgame look for the weaponry. Him having something similar to the widow bites made my heart happy lol. though I'm also one of the few people who liked the AoU coat. I feel like I got what they were trying to do, the coat was kind of a play on the old skirt in a way. I have enjoyed all his looks, though I agree that none of them particularly stand out either. There were a lot of different options that didn't happen as well if you look at the concept art. Forever sad we didn't get the Clint/Natasha teamup with matching Ronin looks during the five year jump.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Guys/Gals, how prominent do you think Clint’s role is in the upcoming Black Widow movie? It has been reported that the movie will finally cover the Budapest connection between Clint and Nat. For me, I hope it would be at least two huge scenes, most likely in the form of flashbacks since BW takes place between CW and IW, and Clint would still be under house arrest and couldn’t participate in the battle. I have a feeling that the Budapest story would explain the origin of Nat’s arrow necklace. What do you guys think? No matter how much a role Hawkeye will have in the BW movie, I trust that it would be a worthwhile appearance since Scarlett is one of the producers in the movie and she constantly sings high praises of Hawkeye every chance she gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    Guys/Gals, how prominent do you think Clint’s role is in the upcoming Black Widow movie? It has been reported that the movie will finally cover the Budapest connection between Clint and Nat. For me, I hope it would be at least two huge scenes, most likely in the form of flashbacks since BW takes place between CW and IW, and Clint would still be under house arrest and couldn’t participate in the battle. I have a feeling that the Budapest story would explain the origin of Nat’s arrow necklace. What do you guys think? No matter how much a role Hawkeye will have in the BW movie, I trust that it would be a worthwhile appearance since Scarlett is one of the producers in the movie and she constantly sings high praises of Hawkeye every chance she gets.
    Hmmm I'm not sure. Seeing as we haven't seen an inkling of him in any promo stuff or the trailer(s). I would love for Budapest to be explored. I'm not banking on a big role for Renner/Clint in Black Widow but any appearance to me would be worth while to me since she's the one real relationship with some depth that Clint has in the movie universe.

I personally hope they never actually explain "what happened in Budapest" because there's no way it can live up to all the amazing things fans have come up with over the years. It's something that I feel is better left to the imagination. But I'm also completely biased since I ship them so hard and I don't want even Budapest ruined in canon because that stupid family exists. I would prefer to keep it unmarred.

I would love for him to have a cameo though, which does feel like it could be likely since Scarlett loves Clint and the Clint/Natasha relationship so much. The fact that she's wearing the necklace with pretty much every casual outfit gives me great joy! I doubt it would be much more than a few minutes though, no matter what context he appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I personally hope they never actually explain "what happened in Budapest" because there's no way it can live up to all the amazing things fans have come up with over the years. It's something that I feel is better left to the imagination.
    I agree. Chances are high they'd come up with something equally stupid as the explanation of how Fury lost his eye so it's better they leave it as a mystery.

Regarding Clint's role I don't think there is much to expect. An appearance in a mid-/post-credit scene would be my guess.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 11-01-2020 at 11:30 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I personally hope they never actually explain "what happened in Budapest" because there's no way it can live up to all the amazing things fans have come up with over the years. It's something that I feel is better left to the imagination.
    Yeah, I feel like "What happened in Budapest" should be the "noodle incident" of the MCU, for those familiar with Calvin and Hobbes (or for those who aren't, here's the TV tropes page: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...alvinAndHobbes). Keep interpretation open for the fans.

I hope they are teasing Budapest hard but actually never show anything.
    Like, bring it up once or twice but yeah make it that noodle trope I hadn't heard of. That would be hilarious. xD

My Twitter

I really hope that's the case. I honestly hate how hard they're leaning into Budapest in a Natasha solo movie 'cause it's supposed to be a Clint/Natasha thing. I know I'm sensitive, but it feels like rubbing salt in the wounds to use Budapest without Clint. But then the only movie I wanted in the MCU was a movie with the two of them following The Winter Soldier. Forever bitter that Clark Gregg pitched a Budapest movie to Marvel and they said no because they wanted to move forward, not set things in the past. Wonder when that ideal changed.