Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
A pitty. As I said, I see so much potential fun with the banter between these two. They do give that vibe, in an absolutely non romantic way. I like the shipping tag because it makes for some really fun reads;but I also follow the merely friends tag for that same reason. Bendis lost a good chance for writing fun and dramatic stuff when Buck as Cap and Clint was the leader of the team. I remember myself thinking, "these two could make for a great story about legacy, responsibility and mentorship and what's not, and still leave for some laughs for the readers. Also, death jokes". Lost chance back then. I guess it makes sense, because I don't think he really understands Clint and probably Buck's reimagining was too fresh, that he didn't do anything.
Bendis leaned hard into Clint being in a bad place mentally.
The heroic age and avengers assemble proved that he knew how to write the usual Clint too imo but that's not what he was going for with Ronin.

But yeah that could be a cool conversation to have in a comic. I really do need more people to point out "Hey you almost agreed to becoming Cap once".