Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I still haven't checked that out. I probably should.
    Doesn’t come out until the 26th, but I’m jgg’ing over the art alone

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...m-preview/amp/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I, too, think Renner would have been an amazing Hawkeye if they wrote him more like 616 Hawkeye rather than Ultimate Hawkeye.

Though after Endgame I keep thinking Hawkeye should have died in AoU or Civil War. They've failed to do anything interesting with the character in the MCU.
    I just think they never gave him a chance over the 11 year run up to Endgame. Spent Avengers brainwashed, and very heavily foreshadowed that he was going to die in AoU, was not in IW, then had a good showing in Endgame.

Personally I thought they should have had a Hawkeye movie released after Winter Soldier. Start it off with the Hydra reveal and Clint fighting for his life....then Flashback to how he got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I just think they never gave him a chance over the 11 year run up to Endgame. Spent Avengers brainwashed, and very heavily foreshadowed that he was going to die in AoU, was not in IW, then had a good showing in Endgame.

Personally I thought they should have had a Hawkeye movie released after Winter Soldier. Start it off with the Hydra reveal and Clint fighting for his life....then Flashback to how he got there.
    Not untrue.
    I saw that deleted scene in the first avenger the other day
    again which really wouldn't have needed to be cut.
    Together with the planned but never filmed scene for Winter Soldier were he fights Cap it's not like their was no potential.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 02-08-2020 at 02:34 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Doesn’t come out until the 26th, but I’m jgg’ing over the art alone

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...m-preview/amp/
    Whoa! That does look pretty.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Not untrue.
    I saw that deleted scene in the first avenger the other day
    again which really wouldn't have needed to be cut.
    Together with the planned but never filmed scene for Winter Soldier were he fights Cap it's not like their was no potential.
    He was also supposed to have more scenes in Civil War. There was one that even got to the storyboard animation stage (the link seems to have since vanished) where he was with the group that captured Bucky and he actually talked about how Loki had brainwashed him, which would have been an awesome character moment that showed it did have lasting affects, but for some reason it was cut before filming. He was also actually supposed to be in Infinity War, Renner even thought he was in the movie until he wasn't. He filmed scenes for that one that never made it. A Black Widow & Hawkeye film between TWS and AoU dealing with the fall of SHIELD is such a missed opportunity.

There are so many reasons I could rant for hours about his mistreatment in the MCU and simply cannot accept what we were given.

So apparently Barney Barton and the track suit Mafia are now confirmed for the Disney+ show.

Tbh no idea how that would work with MCU Clint as he's now but we'll see.
    I'm kind of curious to see them finally go into Clint's background in the MCU. We've gotten the backstories for all the main Avengers except him, and I don't count his family.

I'm curious how they'll use Barney/Trickshot. Will he start out working with the Tracksuit Draculas? Be estranged from Clint but not evil? Will he be a double agent? Will he die?

I also wonder if they'll fit in a bigger villain.

As for the family...I only care about his wife because she's played by Velma Dinkley, but this would be a prime opportunity to actually make people care about them and their role in Clint's life. If they're in it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I know you didn't ask me and I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now, but I find it frustrating when writers put Clint and Natasha together in future stories and don't explain how they dealt with the issues that broke up Clint and Bobbi, which would be just as relevant (if not more; Natasha is much more willing to kill an enemy than Bobbi is) of an issue with the two of them.

I know that it's just one line in a one shot story and there isn't enough time to properly address it, but to have this happen repeatedly without addressing this issue just seems like the writers aren't engaging seriously with the canon or the characters. (And yes, you can argue that Old Man Hawkeye is an AU that's not supposed to reflect 616 exactly, but it lined up with Clint's life in so many other ways that it was still jarring.)
    This reminds me that Natasha has had kids with both Matt and now Clint in future AU's.

(I also wonder if this is an indication of where Thompson's shipping preferences lie).
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post

It's horny time!
    Yeah, this Natasha dialogue feels off to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I kinda hated everything Thompson did with Kate’s parents. Like, her mom being a vampire was beyond lame. Bringing back a dead parent is a tricky move as is, but vampires don’t vibe with Kate Bishop. Aside from that I really enjoyed her time on those books.
    It was definitely...less mundane.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I, too, think Renner would have been an amazing Hawkeye if they wrote him more like 616 Hawkeye rather than Ultimate Hawkeye.

Though after Endgame I keep thinking Hawkeye should have died in AoU or Civil War. They've failed to do anything interesting with the character in the MCU.
    I'll take 616 over anything Ultimate. At least pre-Fraction 616.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Me too. Pre-Fraction 616 Hawkeye is still the best:

For some reason I was under the impression that Natasha was supposed to be part of the anti-Ronin team that Daredevil is going to put together in issue #4. Although I guess she still could be, even if she knows the truth.

Also: Echo and Taskmaster? My two first guesses? Really? I don't know whether to be embarrassed about being called out as predictable or happy that the book is addressing the obvious fan theories/questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    He was also supposed to have more scenes in Civil War. There was one that even got to the storyboard animation stage (the link seems to have since vanished) where he was with the group that captured Bucky and he actually talked about how Loki had brainwashed him, which would have been an awesome character moment that showed it did have lasting affects, but for some reason it was cut before filming. He was also actually supposed to be in Infinity War, Renner even thought he was in the movie until he wasn't. He filmed scenes for that one that never made it. A Black Widow & Hawkeye film between TWS and AoU dealing with the fall of SHIELD is such a missed opportunity.

There are so many reasons I could rant for hours about his mistreatment in the MCU and simply cannot accept what we were given.
    Interesting, I didn't know that but especially the civil war one hurts because that would have helped clearing up his motivations rather than just doing it as a favour for Steve and Wanda.

In that note: Clint rescuing Wanda is probably still my favourite Clint scene in the entire MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of curious to see them finally go into Clint's background in the MCU. We've gotten the backstories for all the main Avengers except him, and I don't count his family.

I'm curious how they'll use Barney/Trickshot. Will he start out working with the Tracksuit Draculas? Be estranged from Clint but not evil? Will he be a double agent? Will he die?

I also wonder if they'll fit in a bigger villain.

As for the family...I only care about his wife because she's played by Velma Dinkley, but this would be a prime opportunity to actually make people care about them and their role in Clint's life. If they're in it at all.

This reminds me that Natasha has had kids with both Matt and now Clint in future AU's.

(I also wonder if this is an indication of where Thompson's shipping preferences lie).

Yeah, this Natasha dialogue feels off to me.

It was definitely...less mundane.

Yes I agree. It seems more likely and reasonable to make his family actual characters this time which is something they never got, not even in the comics.
    For some reason I was under the impression that Natasha was supposed to be part of the anti-Ronin team that Daredevil is going to put together in issue #4. Although I guess she still could be, even if she knows the truth.

Also: Echo and Taskmaster? My two first guesses? Really? I don't know whether to be embarrassed about being called out as predictable or happy that the book is addressing the obvious fan theories/questions.
    That's because Rosenberg obviously lurks in this thread while he laughs like a supervillain for having called you out like that. ;D

Natasha being in the anti Ronin team and sabotaging them for Clint's sake would actually be kinda cute.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 02-09-2020 at 05:11 PM.

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

I'd go with the latter. Its not just the obvious fan theories -- they should be obvious options for the characters in-story to address as well. Logically the story should be addressing those points and looking at those options (just as in issue #1, Clint pointed out that there were other Ronins, and Bucky accounted for the whereabouts of Echo, Blade and Red Guardian).

At the very least this seems to confirm that Clint doesn't have a partner who plays Ronin on some occasion which means we are back to square one.

I'm super giddy to find out how he pulled it off.

My Twitter

Incredible Member

I don't think Hawkeye changes much after the Fraction run it's more that his Ztime with the Thunderbolts finally gave him the apifiny about his stubborn attitude.

Astonishing Member

I'm largely not a huge fan of how she's been portrayed those last few years in general. From that Punisher-esque mini last year to the samnee book.
    With Rosenberg I hope there is more to it because the letter she wrote Clint at the end of Tales of suspense betrayed her act (and even what she says in this preview).
    But at the same time her solo is near so I doubt we'll get too deep into that in Freefall. At least not in the Ronin arc and after that it depends on how long the book is gonna go on.
    Do we know for sure that the book is being extended past a miniseries? I know there was that tweet from Rosenberg, but it had something of a joking vibe to it given that the visible snippet of script included seemed very fake. It would be weird to joke about a book getting extended...but then its also odd that he would make a public tweet about the book being extended without that being reported as news at CBR and other comic news sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I don't think Hawkeye changes much after the Fraction run it's more that his Ztime with the Thunderbolts finally gave him the apifiny about his stubborn attitude.
    You kinda left out the part were he died twice and then came back twirling nunchucks.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Do we know for sure that the book is being extended past a miniseries? I know there was that tweet from Rosenberg, but it had something of a joking vibe to it given that the visible snippet of script included seemed very fake. It would be weird to joke about a book getting extended...but then its also odd that he would make a public tweet about the book being extended without that being reported as news at CBR and other comic news sites.
    Nah we don't. I just hope it will be successful enough to warrant it.

My Twitter