Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    I noticed the Gyrich reference but didn't quite catch the significance. I like that idea of Clint pulling one over on him, though.
    Gyrich was the once the Avengers government liaison, and he and Clint took a quick dislike to each other. One of Gyrich's first acts as their official government liaison was to have Hawkeye booted off the team, by imposing a 7 member limit and saying that Clint's spot had to go to the Falcon (who had not ever been an Avenger yet at that point) to meet government standards on equal opportunities for minorities. The two have crossed paths a few other times over the years (particularly during Clint's time with the Thunderbolts) and usually still on pretty bad terms.

I thought of this too, and I'm really glad they didn't use that explanation. Sometimes writers go for the easy joke at the expense of taste, and that would have been too sleazy for me.
    I doubt that would be the actual explanation anyway. I can't see any of those women agreeing to detail their sexual exploits to SHIELD for that purpose. An undercover mission to seduce a target? Sure. Giving up intimate details of their personal relationships so that their boss can weaponize it? I don't think so.

But let's be honest...there's no explanation for SHIELD having these LMDs (and clones as well, as seen in the current CAPTAIN MARVEL arc) without the Avengers' consent which isn't at least a little bit sleazy. If if their methods for making the LMDs and clones isn't sleazy, the fact that they created them at all is.

I don't think we had that one yet here:

Hawkeye Freefall #6

• Bullseye wants to hurt Clint in any way he can, so he's playing dress-up and taking the archer's (not-so) good name on a deadly tour of New York.

• Meanwhile, the Hood has had enough of Clint's games and decides to put an end to them once and for all. He puts a price on Clint's head so high that every villain, merc and thug in the city is going to line up to take a shot.

• With everything falling apart, Clint will be forced to make some choices he can't take back. Will he find a way to get through this with clean hands, or will he be forced to return to his criminal ways?
    Last edited by Matternativ; 02-24-2020 at 05:45 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Gyrich was the once the Avengers government liaison, and he and Clint took a quick dislike to each other. One of Gyrich's first acts as their official government liaison was to have Hawkeye booted off the team, by imposing a 7 member limit and saying that Clint's spot had to go to the Falcon (who had not ever been an Avenger yet at that point) to meet government standards on equal opportunities for minorities. The two have crossed paths a few other times over the years (particularly during Clint's time with the Thunderbolts) and usually still on pretty bad terms.

I doubt that would be the actual explanation anyway. I can't see any of those women agreeing to detail their sexual exploits to SHIELD for that purpose. An undercover mission to seduce a target? Sure. Giving up intimate details of their personal relationships so that their boss can weaponize it? I don't think so.

But let's be honest...there's no explanation for SHIELD having these LMDs (and clones as well, as seen in the current CAPTAIN MARVEL arc) without the Avengers' consent which isn't at least a little bit sleazy. If if their methods for making the LMDs and clones isn't sleazy, the fact that they created them at all is.
    Keep in mind...Nick Fury did what he had to to protect the world. This is a guy who was shown to have gotten a suit of Iron Man armor from Tony Stark when he was drinking. You really think he would not go behind their backs with LMDs and clones??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Keep in mind...Nick Fury did what he had to to protect the world. This is a guy who was shown to have gotten a suit of Iron Man armor from Tony Stark when he was drinking. You really think he would not go behind their backs with LMDs and clones??
    Tbh I'd just explain that away with some advanced body scan.
    No way a real life spy organisation wouldn't know how your privates look like, shield much less so
    And I didn't read Clint's reaction as being surprised.
    He knows a thing or two about LMDs.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

What doesn't Clint know about? He's pretty savvy about most of the things. I don't know why there aren't more writers that use that when writing him.

Avengers Assemble is anything but a great show but in one episode when the Falcon-looking stand-in they have for Falcon was surprised how well Clint did with some technical stuff our archer replied something like:"I used to build my own trick arrows too but if people knew they'd make me do more stuff around here."

And that just.... Absolutely works for him in my book

My Twitter

What a change of character. Used to be Clint couldn't help but brag about how good he is. Man, he's old .

He can brag about the things he actually wants to do and still keep quiet about other skills to avoid maintenance duty.

My Twitter

I honestly really love Clint in Avengers Assemble (except for the last season).

So it appears Clint will be showing up in the first issue of the new Black Widow book in April!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I honestly really love Clint in Avengers Assemble (except for the last season).

So it appears Clint will be showing up in the first issue of the new Black Widow book in April!
    I like him too for the most part.

And yea I've seen your twitter post and Kelly's reply to it got me very curious.

My Twitter

Preview for Hawkeye: Freefall #4 is out: https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ye-freefall-4/

Finally, one of my theories about this series turned out to be true!

Preview for Hawkeye: Freefall #4 is out: https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...ye-freefall-4/

Y'know, I kind of take it for granted that most heroes already know Daredevil is blind, but I guess it's probably not that well known even before he got his secret identity back.

I also like how they acknowledge Clint is traditionally not a street-level guy.

Night Thrasher has more business being there then Bucky does. Sam is a community guy at least. And why does Bucky look so red?

Extraordinary Member

That is the greatest interaction in a decade.....

"Wait...can he never see? Is he friggin' blind?"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, I kind of take it for granted that most heroes already know Daredevil is blind, but I guess it's probably not that well known even before he got his secret identity back.
    Matt Murdock is a public figure and everyone knows that he's blind, but I think the only people who know that Daredevil is blind also know that Daredevil is Matt. There's a running gag that every time Iron Fist finds out that Daredevil is Matt, he assumes that Matt's been faking his blindness. (Well, does twice constitute a running gag? Anyway...)

Buck's fabulous hair is going to be an annoyance. Keeps distracting my eyes from the fun in those panels.
    And I preferred short hair.

This art is too good. It's not even what one could call eye candy: it's just pretty in a fun yet beautiful way. I honestly, honestly hope that we keep Otto for a long time.

The preview was fun. Looking forward to the actual issue .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Night Thrasher has more business being there then Bucky does. Sam is a community guy at least. And why does Bucky look so red?
    Color palette, for aesthetics, is my bet. Every colour is muted, including brown (he's wearing a leather jacket or something like that). Everything but the red (that I guess it's because there will be a lot of red inside). The red in Thrasher and Sam, the red in the star in the arm... Probably some red lights inside and the hood of, well, Hood. Clint's purple is slightly more vivid too, but not as much as the red stuff in those pages.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-05-2020 at 05:50 PM.