Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It it is Zemo, I'm going to laugh non stop until 2022, probably.

Who could be petty enough about Clint to use his suit for this? Or who could respect him enough to do the same in "good will" but for wrong reasons? Someone who is more gray than a bad guy, and given that this seems like a "normal guys" story, is kind of an average guy despite everything? I am drawing blank, but I think that could be the profile for our rogue Ronin.

Wait. You know what could be even more funny than Zemo? Wade, Deadpool. I'm laughing just thinking about that absolutely wild possibility.

Sigh, I need the next issue already.

Didn't Rosenberg have Zemo deyeeted? Also, now I'm reminded of Rosenberg's Zemo. Ew. Anyway, Ronin fights too good to be Helmut.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'd actually laugh my ass off if it turns out to be a woman afterall and we are going with muscle suits again.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I'd actually laugh my ass off if it turns out to be a woman afterall and we are going with muscle suits again.
    To be fair, one of Maya's reasons for using the Ronin persona was so that no one would know she was a woman, and it was said to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    To be fair, one of Maya's reasons for using the Ronin persona was so that no one would know she was a woman, and it was said to be effective.
    Oh, that would be priceless, honestly.

Just read this. Very solid first issue. I haven’t read anything with Hawkeye in it for quite some time, so I couldn’t skip this.

I feel like it was the perfect blend of old and new takes on the character, and it worked. Quick question as I’m not up on continuity at all....is the thing with Night Nurse new? Was it established somewhere else or is this the first we’re seeing of it?

The Hood seems like a perfect nemesis for Clint. Seems like a good choice. I mean, he’s no Oddball, but he’ll do.

The art was dynamic and fit the tone well. The dialogue was solid. Hopefully the quality continues.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I feel like it was the perfect blend of old and new takes on the character, and it worked. Quick question as I’m not up on continuity at all....is the thing with Night Nurse new? Was it established somewhere else or is this the first we’re seeing of it?
    It's brand new. We don't know yet how they started dating or how long it's been going on. He just moved back from California during Absolute Carnage and it doesn't seem like he had anything long-distance going on while he was there, so on the one hand it couldn't have been too long, but on the other hand, she seems to know him pretty well, saying things like, "You always dwell." Maybe we're supposed to assume that there was a bigger time lapse in between Absolute Carnage and the beginning of this series?

It's brand new. We don't know yet how they started dating or how long it's been going on. He just moved back from California during Absolute Carnage and it doesn't seem like he had anything long-distance going on while he was there, so on the one hand it couldn't have been too long, but on the other hand, she seems to know him pretty well, saying things like, "You always dwell." Maybe we're supposed to assume that there was a bigger time lapse in between Absolute Carnage and the beginning of this series?
    Thanks for clarifying. I didn’t know Clint appeared in Absolute Carnage at all! The last comics I read where he appeared were a couple of Secret Empire issues, and then the first two issues of Tales of Suspense that followed. So I missed all the Civil War 2, killing Banner stuff. And I think he was in that Avengers mini but I skipped that.

Edited: Oh wait I read like two or three issues of Occupy Avengers. Which was okay, but didn’t hook me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Didn't Rosenberg have Zemo deyeeted? Also, now I'm reminded of Rosenberg's Zemo. Ew. Anyway, Ronin fights too good to be Helmut.
    Rosenberg did have Zemo seemingly killed...although its a rather ambiguous sort of death (I mean, he was supposedly disintegrated by someone who has never possessed a disintegrating power before). I don't think anyone expects that death to stick--and I'm not convinced Rosenberg actually intended it to be a real "death". It could have just been a fake-out death to end that story...and then pick the character up again here.

His take on Zemo had its occasional good moments, but yeah, by the end of the run Helmut really didn't sound right, did he? I've found Rosenberg to be rather hit-and-miss with his characterizations. When he is on point, he does a fantastic job...but when he misses the mark, he really misses.

As for Zemo's fighting skills--I dunno; after his time as Citizen V I think he could plausibly be the new Ronin. It would be a very impressive showing for him to be able to handle Clint, Bucky and Falcon all at once...but part of that was those three getting in each other's way too.
    Last edited by Dermie; 01-10-2020 at 10:31 PM. Reason: missing a word

Just saw someone suggest USAgent. Which isn't a bad guess, except that no former West Coast Avengers are supposed to show up in the series aside from Clint.

Hey, maybe it's Green Arrow.

Oh I didn't even mind the muscle suit in the first place tbh.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Just saw someone suggest USAgent. Which isn't a bad guess, except that no former West Coast Avengers are supposed to show up in the series aside from Clint.

A petty one, this Oliver guy xd.

"Parker Robbins, you have failed this city?"

Freefall first issue was solid, both in writing and art.
    Of course they had to shove in Winter Solider & Falcon *cough* upcoming tv-series *cough*, but it made sense storywise.

I had a thought about that line of internal monologue where Clint goes, "My girlfriend thinks she's better than me because she's the Night Nurse and she helps people, while I run around shooting them with arrows. In her defense, she is better than me, but that's not the point."

Compare it to the speech Bobbi gave Dominic Fortune after their breakup: "Clint's too good a man for what we have to do in this kind of life."

Both of them are superheroes who chose that life and all that it entails in order to keep the world safe (and, okay, also because they wanted adventure), but they still think that their significant others (or ex-significant others) are better than they are because they engage in less violence.

I wonder how this fighting vs. healing tension will play out in his new relationship. Clint has always dated women who were at least a little bit more ruthless than he is. What will it be like for him with the shoe on the other foot?