Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you are getting at.
    You were saying you wanted Clint to fight Hydra/AIM/whatever...what about the original Secret Empire.

Clint gets onto them and they are cops and politicians and whatnot...so you quite literally have Clint going after "good guys" who are really the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    You were saying you wanted Clint to fight Hydra/AIM/whatever...what about the original Secret Empire.

Clint gets onto them and they are cops and politicians and whatnot...so you quite literally have Clint going after "good guys" who are really the bad guys.
    Oh I haven't read the OG 197? Secret Empire. I did think it was just a Cap Storyline though.

Either way I'd fine with him going through some corrupt baddies. It's not quite what I meant but nothing I'd reject either.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-11-2020 at 05:44 AM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Extraordinary Member

Oh I haven't read the OG 197? Secret Empire. I did think it was just a Cap Storyline though.

Either way I'd fine with him going through some corrupt baddies. It's not quite what I meant but nothing I'd reject either.
    Talking more the organization as opposed to the original story line....but yeah. Corrupt officials (Deep State in the modern political parlance) but keep the President out of it as opposed to how it was implied that Nixon was behind it. You don't want to age the story with "this specific politician was the bad guy". Bureaucrats, federal agents, military officers, local law enforcement and elected officials trying to reshape the .gov in their image.

For what it's worth, Hawkeye's appearance in Cap's post-Secret Empire storyline from the '70s was most entertaining...

Captain America #179
    (November, 1974)

Captain America #180
    (December, 1974)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-12-2020 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Made Corrections.

Clint calling Steve stubborn.
    Heh, talk about pots and kettles.

Hawkeye also took part in some nice continuity between Captain America #179 and...

Avengers #131
    (January, 1975)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-12-2020 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Astonishing Member

Classic Busiek Hawkeye!

Man, Clint's voice used to be so different.

I have to think the Fraction run and the movies kinda changed his voice in a way.

This era of Hawkeye is basically what we got in the EMH era.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I have to think the Fraction run and the movies kinda changed his voice in a way.

...I really miss this Hawkeye.

I don't know. I'm not an expert in voices, or writing, or even Hawkeye (relatively late reader), but I think it was already slowly changing in the early 00. By 2010 it was definitely different than in the 90s, and then Fraction changed it again. His wasn't the voice of the 00s, but it wasn't the voice before that either. A middle way between both, I think. Clint in the Tbolts sounded more like how he seems to sound in older comics, which is not like how he was written around when he died and then come back.

In agreement with the love for Busiek's classic Hawkeye.
    Really enjoyed how Busiek handled everything leading up to Clint leaving the Avengers for the T-Bolts:

I still remember the intense interactions between Clint & Cap during the days of Cap's Kooky Quartet. But this time it was different, since Hawkeye now has experience in the leadership role and has developed his own methods in doing things his way. Definitely, Busiek knew what he was doing.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-13-2020 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Talking more the organization as opposed to the original story line....but yeah. Corrupt officials (Deep State in the modern political parlance) but keep the President out of it as opposed to how it was implied that Nixon was behind it. You don't want to age the story with "this specific politician was the bad guy". Bureaucrats, federal agents, military officers, local law enforcement and elected officials trying to reshape the .gov in their image.
    I was more thinking stuff like back in his solo in 94 or so where he basically just went Rambo on a Hydra base. Conspiracy stories are more Steve's or Nat's forte.

I'll say I would also take one of these Stories where a fellow Hero interferes in his business by bringing him in much like the Ronin STrikeforce from freefall except this time that hero knows who they are after.
    But in the end they actually team up with him during the finale because that's what avengers do.
    Would be a good way to get Bobbi in there I reckon.
    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    For what it's worth, Hawkeye's appearance in Cap's post-Secret Empire storyline from the '70s was most entertaining...

Captain America #179
    (November, 1974)

Captain America #180
    (December, 1974)

Oh, neat!
    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post

I don't think the MCU had, apart from the outfit, much to do with Clint's voice. Fraction on the other hand very much so.
    Speaking of voices: I liked that video until Linkin Park started playing

I'm actually rewatching EMH as we speak.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

I don't think the MCU had, apart from the outfit, much to do with Clint's voice. Fraction on the other hand very much so.
    Speaking of voices: I liked that video until Linkin Park started playing
    Admittedly I don't think MCU Clint has a very memorable or consistent "voice."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Admittedly I don't think MCU Clint has a very memorable or consistent "voice."
    He's not the only one who is incosistent (Thor, Widow) but he's definitely the one who got the least fun stuff to do all in all.

My Twitter