Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    It really depends on who will pick it up next and what they'll do with him.
    It's not the first time he brought it back as a on/off.

In today's Black Widow #1 spoilers:
    which I assume is set after Freefall #6 he wears his usual tactical gear.
    end of spoilers
    Hard to say spoilers:
    if it is set after the end of FREEFALL or not. If this issue had come out when it was originally solicited it would have come out while FREEFALL was still in-progress. So it may be set before FREEFALL. But it also wouldn't be the first time that a character has switched back and forth between costumes depending on the situation--and Clint's 'tactical gear' costume is arguably better suited to stealth, spy activities with Natasha than his more colourful purple-and-blue spandex
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Hard to say spoilers:
    if it is set after the end of FREEFALL or not. If this issue had come out when it was originally solicited it would have come out while FREEFALL was still in-progress. So it may be set before FREEFALL. But it also wouldn't be the first time that a character has switched back and forth between costumes depending on the situation--and Clint's 'tactical gear' costume is arguably better suited to stealth, spy activities with Natasha than his more colourful purple-and-blue spandex
    end of spoilers
    I know they would have released alongside one another but keep in mind that spoilers:
    both, Clint finding out about Nat's missions with the Winter Soldier and her calling him soft happened before BW issue #1 since that is referenced aaaaaand
    Black Widow has a three month timeskip in there
    end of spoilers
    But I don't know how much time actually passed between issue #1 and #6 of Freefall.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

I know they would have released alongside one another but keep in mind that spoilers:
    both, Clint finding out about Nat's missions with the Winter Soldier and her calling him soft happened before BW issue #1 since that is referenced aaaaaand
    Black Widow has a three month timeskip in there
    end of spoilers
    But I don't know how much time actually passed between issue #1 and #6 of Freefall.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it takes place after Freefall, because Clint didn't know about Nat and Bucky's secret mission until Natasha mentioned it in Freefall. And the time skip.

I got the impression that from the time Clint met Bryce until the end of issue #6 was a week or two max, but I'm not sure if that's actually stated in the text.

Interesting that Clint seemingly hit rock bottom at the end of Freefall and was ignoring all his friends, and here he seems normal. I'm hoping that's just for this particular story and that arc will still be continued somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it takes place after Freefall, because Clint didn't know about Nat and Bucky's secret mission until Natasha mentioned it in Freefall. And the time skip.

I got the impression that from the time Clint met Bryce until the end of issue #6 was a week or two max, but I'm not sure if that's actually stated in the text.

Interesting that Clint seemingly hit rock bottom at the end of Freefall and was ignoring all his friends, and here he seems normal. I'm hoping that's just for this particular story and that arc will still be continued somewhere else.
    Yeah, same! I really want something cool to comene out of that and if it's just going back to being a Thunderbolts leader or something
    Last edited by Matternativ; 09-02-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

It really depends on who will pick it up next and what they'll do with him.
    It's not the first time he brought it back as a on/off.

In today's Black Widow #1 spoilers:
    which I assume is set after Freefall #6 he wears his usual tactical gear.
    end of spoilers
    I knew not to get my hopes up too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I knew not to get my hopes up too much.
    I knew you wouldn't considering Avengers No Surrender was a thing, as forgettable as it was. Or was it No Road home? I keep mixing them up in my head.

My Twitter

I knew you wouldn't considering Avengers No Surrender was a thing, as forgettable as it was. Or was it No Road home? I keep mixing them up in my head.
    99% sure it was No Surrender where he put on the costume again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    99% sure it was No Surrender where he put on the costume again.
    Yeah his partnership with Red Wolf was still a thing then now that I think about it.

My Twitter

He seems to pull it out occasionally for nostalgic reasons when he needs a big impact, but otherwise is content with the tactical gear.

It's weird for me to think of it as "tactical gear" when he's not even a spy anymore. I guess he still does tactical stuff with it? He's not really as much of an overt Superhero anymore, or at least consistently.

Synergy reasons probably. He wears stuff like that in cartoons, the Movies, lunchboxes, videogames, etc.

I think a whole new outfit is more likely than a permanent return to the old school look at this point.

Speaking of videogames: They better include a masked outfit variant in the square enix game. And if it's just the Ultimate Universe variant with the full face mask.

My Twitter

Synergy reasons probably. He wears stuff like that in cartoons, the Movies, lunchboxes, videogames, etc.

I think a whole new outfit is more likely than a permanent return to the old school look at this point.

Speaking of videogames: They better include a masked outfit variant in the square enix game. And if it's just the Ultimate Universe variant with the full face mask.
    I don't need to see the full classic look back but I have to think they could give Hawkeye a more lively and colorful modern costume rather than just continuing to rely on a t-shirt and shades.

I would love a whole new design for him. Something flashy and heroic, but updated.

So now that I finally got my hands on it too and I had the time to finish the campaign, here's my "Clint's role in the Avengers Game Main Campaign report" for those who care.

spoilers:
    There's nothing. The room on the Chimaira, as prominently visible as that of any of the Main Campaign Avengers and his inclusion on the casual team photo in the vault, both of which where present in the beta, are the only signs of him during the campaign.
    No name drop, no hint. There's a heroes park with massive statues of the Avengers, the A-day festivities, there's two rooms Kamala has full of posters and the like but they are all limited to the main cast + Captain marvel in the case of the latter example.

The story generally doesn't have many guest appearances. Hank Pym is the notable exception but otherwise we get like name drops for a few select people like pepper Potts and yeah that's basically it. I liked the campaign, if we ignore those many many bugs and glitches that is but it did make the world seem very very small.
    end of spoilers

My Twitter

So now that I finally got my hands on it too and I had the time to finish the campaign, here's my "Clint's role in the Avengers Game Main Campaign report" for those who care.

spoilers:
    There's nothing. The room on the Chimaira, as prominently visible as that of any of the Main Campaign Avengers and his inclusion on the casual team photo in the vault, both of which where present in the beta, are the only signs of him during the campaign.
    No name drop, no hint. There's a heroes park with massive statues of the Avengers, the A-day festivities, there's two rooms Kamala has full of posters and the like but they are all limited to the main cast + Captain marvel in the case of the latter example.

The story generally doesn't have many guest appearances. Hank Pym is the notable exception but otherwise we get like name drops for a few select people like pepper Potts and yeah that's basically it. I liked the campaign, if we ignore those many many bugs and glitches that is but it did make the world seem very very small.
    end of spoilers
    That kind of reminds me of the Loeb Avengers cartoons (although I assume the writing for the campaign is much more on-point by comparison).