Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    A pitty. As I said, I see so much potential fun with the banter between these two. They do give that vibe, in an absolutely non romantic way. I like the shipping tag because it makes for some really fun reads;but I also follow the merely friends tag for that same reason. Bendis lost a good chance for writing fun and dramatic stuff when Buck as Cap and Clint was the leader of the team. I remember myself thinking, "these two could make for a great story about legacy, responsibility and mentorship and what's not, and still leave for some laughs for the readers. Also, death jokes". Lost chance back then. I guess it makes sense, because I don't think he really understands Clint and probably Buck's reimagining was too fresh, that he didn't do anything.
    Bendis leaned hard into Clint being in a bad place mentally.
    The heroic age and avengers assemble proved that he knew how to write the usual Clint too imo but that's not what he was going for with Ronin.

But yeah that could be a cool conversation to have in a comic. I really do need more people to point out "Hey you almost agreed to becoming Cap once".
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I wish Bucky and Clint had a proper and meaningful onscreen interaction in the MCU. They share so many things in common - being brainwashed, being sharpshooters, have great wit etc. Captain America: Civil War was the perfect opportunity for that since they were both on Team Cap. (But at least, we got a great Clintasha scene. We can be assured that Clintasha will always be depicted consistently in the movies where they appear together). There was originally a Bucky/Clint scene during the storyboard process that ended up being scrapped (probably due to runtime) but I wish it was included, much like the deleted Loki/Clint scene in the Avengers (2012). It’d be great if Sam, Bucky and Clint would have a crossover episode in between their Disney+ series but obviously that would be wishful thinking. Oh well, I can always reread TOS: Hawkeye and TWS or look forward to the current runs of BW and FatWS for more Bucky/Clint shenanigans. (and of course, the ao3 fics...I think I’ve only fully read only 4 fics from its current 4174 works).
    Last edited by Ruby Quartz Diamond; 10-23-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I wish Bucky and Clint had a proper and meaningful onscreen interaction in the MCU. They share so many things in common - being brainwashed, being sharpshooters, have great wit etc. Captain America: Civil War was the perfect opportunity for that since they were both on Team Cap. (But at least, we got a great Clintasha scene. We can be assured that Clintasha will always be depicted consistently in the movies where they appear together). There was originally a Bucky/Clint scene during the storyboard process that ended up being scrapped (probably due to runtime) but I wish it was included, much like the deleted Loki/Clint scene in the Avengers (2012). It’d be great if Sam, Bucky and Clint would have a crossover episode in between their Disney+ series but obviously that would be wishful thinking. Oh well, I can always reread TOS: Hawkeye and TWS or look forward to the current runs of BW and FatWS for more Bucky/Clint shenanigans. (and of course, the ao3 fics...I think I’ve only fully read only 4 fics from its current 4174 works).
    Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, MCU Clint is a tad bit different than his comic counter part. I'm still excited for both Disney + series. But certainly wish we got more Clint/Bucky in the movies, as opposed to Sam and Bucky. But I get it. All good.

They had written a scene for Clint in the Winter Soldier Movie that I wish we had gotten to see but it would have been just an interaction with Steve and literally no one else.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, MCU Clint is a tad bit different than his comic counter part. I'm still excited for both Disney + series. But certainly wish we got more Clint/Bucky in the movies, as opposed to Sam and Bucky. But I get it. All good.
    I feel that if Clint had a major supporting role in Thor 1 like Natasha did in Iron-Man 2, his character would have been written more favourably for the entire MCU. The Avengers Prelude Comic: Fury’s Big Week had more scenes of Clint and him waking up in his bedroom and interacting with Coulson, and I am convinced that Clint was supposed to have a larger role in Thor 1 but was unfortunately scrapped. Joss intended to explore more of Clint’s backstory in Avengers 1, that is with this ex-carnie and ex-criminal days but had to scrap it off due to runtime. Then there was this planned appearance of Clint in TWS where he was ordered by SHIELD to pursue Cap and apprehend him. They then had this fight at the ravine with Cap pinning him down and Clint took the opportunity to warn him about SHIELD, which proved his loyalty towards Cap and would explain why he chose Team Cap in CW. It was a small scene but it would’ve added so much to Clint’s character. Then AOU happened and put Clint in the back burner by giving him an early retirement. Really, the MCU really neglected his character which is frustrating as a fan. But at least, he had a great appearance in Civil War and Endgame. Hopefully his Disney+ series would treat his character well and if it didn’t then well...I would cry like Clint in the comics would have lol.

I feel that if Clint had a major supporting role in Thor 1 like Natasha did in Iron-Man 2, his character would have been written more favourably for the entire MCU. The Avengers Prelude Comic: Fury’s Big Week had more scenes of Clint and him waking up in his bedroom and interacting with Coulson, and I am convinced that Clint was supposed to have a larger role in Thor 1 but was unfortunately scrapped. Joss intended to explore more of Clint’s backstory in Avengers 1, that is with this ex-carnie and ex-criminal days but had to scrap it off due to runtime. Then there was this planned appearance of Clint in TWS where he was ordered by SHIELD to pursue Cap and apprehend him. They then had this fight at the ravine with Cap pinning him down and Clint took the opportunity to warn him about SHIELD, which proved his loyalty towards Cap and would explain why he chose Team Cap in CW. It was a small scene but it would’ve added so much to Clint’s character. Then AOU happened and put Clint in the back burner by giving him an early retirement. Really, the MCU really neglected his character which is frustrating as a fan. But at least, he had a great appearance in Civil War and Endgame. Hopefully his Disney+ series would treat his character well and if it didn’t then well...I would cry like Clint in the comics would have lol.
    I didn't know there were Ex Carnie/Ex Criminal parts planned for Avengers.
    I thought Whedon just straight up doesn't get Clint.

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I didn't know there were Ex Carnie/Ex Criminal parts planned for Avengers.
    I thought Whedon just straight up doesn't get Clint.
    I hadn't heard of ANY of those! That's so depressing. I really hope the show explores some of his past and goes more in depth with him rather than just a Kate Bishop show

I hadn't heard of ANY of those! That's so depressing. I really hope the show explores some of his past and goes more in depth with him rather than just a Kate Bishop show
    Yeah I'm still not sure how the **** they are gonna try and get a Fraction vibe with MCU Clint hahaha.

Same for the videogame variant.

I'll say though: as much as I am tired of Hawkguy as well as Shield agent Clint, combining those characters to a less silly and more competent version who is soldier guy on the job but relatable dude at home could work well if pulled off right.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 10-25-2020 at 10:19 AM.

My Twitter

I'm still rooting for Divorced!Clint in the show, it's the only way I can see the Fraction plot working. Please free him!

But hey, EMH Clint started as a SHIELD agent and that version is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I'm still rooting for Divorced!Clint in the show, it's the only way I can see the Fraction plot working. Please free him!

For like 10 minutes .

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post

I'll say though: as much as I am tired of Hawkguy as well as Shield agent Clint, combining those characters to a less silly and more competent version who is soldier guy on the job but relatable dude at home could work well if pulled off right.
    I think a middle ground would be totally fine. He's not a full on SHIELD operative but he's not completely incompetent.

One of my favorite panels from a Secret Avengers run was when they introduced all the members and Clint's description read "Eats about four protein bars a day." I felt that big time.

I think a middle ground would be totally fine. He's not a full on SHIELD operative but he's not completely incompetent.

One of my favorite panels from a Secret Avengers run was when they introduced all the members and Clint's description read "Eats about four protein bars a day." I felt that big time.
    Man, I love that run so much! I also very much appreciated Maria Hill calling Clint out for acting dumb. I remember when I first read the book I was iffy on the first issues because it felt like another "Clint is an incompetent dumbass" take, but then the book actually called it out and stated he was only acting that way so people would underestimate him and not see him as a threat. Now it's one of my favourite books ever, both for that and just for being plain zany fun.

Yeah that mix could be better than the sum of its parts.
    Man, I love that run so much! I also very much appreciated Maria Hill calling Clint out for acting dumb. I remember when I first read the book I was iffy on the first issues because it felt like another "Clint is an incompetent dumbass" take, but then the book actually called it out and stated he was only acting that way so people would underestimate him and not see him as a threat. Now it's one of my favourite books ever, both for that and just for being plain zany fun.
    I know you didn't like it much but Freefall did the same and I really appreciated that. I feel like that should be a requirement for Hawkguy stories going forward, lol.

My Twitter

I like the way you think! lol

I wonder how are they going to incorporate the elements from Fraction's Hawkeye run. Like are they going to have Clint rent his own Bed-Stuy apartment so that he can bond with his neighbours? But I highly doubt so. I'm also afraid that we all might be expecting too much because they might just loosely adapt from Fraction's run. I'm really curious how they are going to introduce Kate's character but I'm most curious about Lucky the Dog haha

Anyway, some great news about the Hawkeye series! They disclosed their filming location so we can expect some official casting news in the next few days since filming is going to start soon

I like the way you think! lol

I wonder how are they going to incorporate the elements from Fraction's Hawkeye run. Like are they going to have Clint rent his own Bed-Stuy apartment so that he can bond with his neighbours? But I highly doubt so. I'm also afraid that we all might be expecting too much because they might just loosely adapt from Fraction's run. I'm really curious how they are going to introduce Kate's character but I'm most curious about Lucky the Dog haha

Anyway, some great news about the Hawkeye series! They disclosed their filming location so we can expect some official casting news in the next few days since filming is going to start soon
    I have written out a whole thing that takes into account everything Clint has been through since The Avengers that we never got to see him actually deal with and develop from to explain how it's impossible for him to just fit back into that family life again. It would make for some amazing development for his character and would fit so well with both what we've seen before, and the direction they seem to be going.

I'm definitely with you in that fear, and have been trying to keep all my expectations low. If the show is just Clint coming out of his third retirement to train Kate only to retire yet again then what is even the point? It would just seal the fact that they had no idea what to do with his character after Whedon stuck him with the family of plot devices, and they either weren't creative enough to come up with a way to remove the element, or just didn't care enough about his character to try. But I shall not get into that as it's a tired rant I've been making for years now lol.

That's good that there's some news though! It's been a while since we've heard anything new.