Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I really hope that's the case. I honestly hate how hard they're leaning into Budapest in a Natasha solo movie 'cause it's supposed to be a Clint/Natasha thing. I know I'm sensitive, but it feels like rubbing salt in the wounds to use Budapest without Clint. But then the only movie I wanted in the MCU was a movie with the two of them following The Winter Soldier. Forever bitter that Clark Gregg pitched a Budapest movie to Marvel and they said no because they wanted to move forward, not set things in the past. Wonder when that ideal changed.
    Aw I would love to see Clark Gregg again too. Bummer

edit to add - love to see him in the movies again. Not really a fan of Agents of SHIELD. Like at all.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

All of you gave very fair responses. I think I'm getting way ahead of myself about Clint's involvement in the BW movie. Most likely, his name would be mentioned in passing throughout the movie and he would only give an official appearance in the mid- or post-credit scene. I must be in the minority who wants the Budapest backstory between Hawkeye and Black Widow to be revealed. But from the trend of the MCU turning everything into a joke (how Fury lost his eye, how Thor's PTSD and depression were mocked, how Iron-Man's, Cap's, BW's and Vision's sacrifices were turned into a joke memorial video in FFH etc), maybe it's wiser not to hope for it. I really love Clint's and Nat's relationship in the MCU even when they did not end up as a couple (because of Joss ugh). I read that the Marvel Studio were in favour of the Clintasha couple but Joss protested against it and tried to shove another (undesirable) couple into our throats to project his nerd fantasies like he did with Xander in Buffy. My bad for digressing. Anyway, I recently bought all 6 issues of Hawkeye: Freefall so I'm going to spend my time reading that. I recently subscribed to Marvel Unlimited so I have access to almost all Marvel comics in existence so I would be able to follow closely all of Clint's appearances in the comics. I also recently read Hawkeye VS Deadpool in light of Halloween and I enjoyed that limited issue so much. I really love the ending when spoilers:
    Clint felt overwhelmed with guilt for not helping the hacker out when the latter reached out for his help and punished himself by cleaning the bloodstain in front of his building. It was a very small detail but I really appreciate it from the author. It proved that Clint has a very strong and genuine sense of being a hero, of being an Avenger. He's not the type to finish a mission and call it a day. If he made any mistakes during the course of completing the mission, he makes sure he sees to it that he punishes himself so that he won't repeat the same mistakes again. And that makes me fall in love with Clint Barton even more deeply.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Ruby Quartz Diamond; 11-02-2020 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    All of you gave very fair responses. I think I'm getting way ahead of myself about Clint's involvement in the BW movie. Most likely, his name would be mentioned in passing throughout the movie and he would only give an official appearance in the mid- or post-credit scene. I must be in the minority who wants the Budapest backstory between Hawkeye and Black Widow to be revealed. But from the trend of the MCU turning everything into a joke (how Fury lost his eye, how Thor's PTSD and depression were mocked, how Iron-Man's, Cap's, BW's and Vision's sacrifices were turned into a joke memorial video in FFH etc), maybe it's wiser not to hope for it. I really love Clint's and Nat's relationship in the MCU even when they did not end up as a couple (because of Joss ugh). I read that the Marvel Studio were in favour of the Clintasha couple but Joss protested against it and tried to shove another (undesirable) couple into our throats to project his nerd fantasies like he did with Xander in Buffy. My bad for digressing. Anyway, I recently bought all 6 issues of Hawkeye: Freefall so I'm going to spend my time reading that. I recently subscribed to Marvel Unlimited so I have access to almost all Marvel comics in existence so I would be able to follow closely all of Clint's appearances in the comics. I also recently read Hawkeye VS Deadpool in light of Halloween and I enjoyed that limited issue so much. I really love the ending when spoilers:
    Clint felt overwhelmed with guilt for not helping the hacker out when the latter reached out for his help and punished himself by cleaning the bloodstain in front of his building. It was a very small detail but I really appreciate it from the author. It proved that Clint has a very strong and genuine sense of being a hero, of being an Avenger. He's not the type to finish a mission and call it a day. If he made any mistakes during the course of completing the mission, he makes sure he sees to it that he punishes himself so that he won't repeat the same mistakes again. And that makes me fall in love with Clint Barton even more deeply.
    end of spoilers
    I don't really think you have to put the ending of a comic that ended many years ago in a spoiler tag by the by

But yeah that was pretty great.
    As was the first meeting between Kate and Wade in that comic.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Kate and Wade's initial interaction was very humorous, indeed. Wouldn't mind Gerry Duggan writing a proper Hawkeye title either. Everything that guy touches is usually pretty solid work.

end of spoilers
    I have done many a rant about Whedon and AoU so I won't get into it again here, but I agree with you completely. Everything I read including actual interviews with him made it clear he ruined them for completely selfish reasons.

Also completely agree about Hawkeye vs. Deadpool. That was just such a surprisingly wonderful book. It was silly at times, but it also had so much heart which I didn't expect. Deadpool's care with Clint's hearing impairment, and the moment you mentioned at the end just really got right to the heart of why I read comics, and why I love Clint. I should definitely do a reread.

end of spoilers
    I'm just disappointed we might never get to see the ClintxBobbi relationship (barring those Mockingbird rumors for the Disney+ show) but I guess that led to Adrianne Palicki's tenure on AoS, so it wasn't a total loss.

And there was so much better relationship stuff they could've done with Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just disappointed we might never get to see the ClintxBobbi relationship (barring those Mockingbird rumors for the Disney+ show) but I guess that led to Adrianne Palicki's tenure on AoS, so it wasn't a total loss.

And there was so much better relationship stuff they could've done with Widow.
    Honestly, as sneaky knows, I absolutely doubt the Family aspect will disappear so if there is gonna be romance angle in this it will be either in flashbacks or with his wife I reckon.
    If it comes with flashbacks there is a little more wiggle room for stuff in the past but if anything I suppose it would be with Natasha. The groundwork is all there while Bobbi, who I think is also meant to be quite a bit younger, has had no interaction with Clint whatsoever so it would feel pretty darn forced.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Honestly, as sneaky knows, I absolutely doubt the Family aspect will disappear so if there is gonna be romance angle in this it will be either in flashbacks or with his wife I reckon.
    If it comes with flashbacks there is a little more wiggle room for stuff in the past but if anything I suppose it would be with Natasha. The groundwork is all there while Bobbi, who I think is also meant to be quite a bit younger, has had no interaction with Clint whatsoever so it would feel pretty darn forced.
    Yeah, I doubt we're going to get a romance for Clint that's not with Velma...I mean, Laura Barton.

MCU Clint seems more like a father figure to Natasha (at least now, but that might be me thinking retroactively) so I doubt anything ever happened there.

I don't know what they'll do with Mockingbird if she's actually in it, especially considering she was on AoS and Feige might want to do something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I doubt we're going to get a romance for Clint that's not with Velma...I mean, Laura Barton.

MCU Clint seems more like a father figure to Natasha (at least now, but that might be me thinking retroactively) so I doubt anything ever happened there.

I don't know what they'll do with Mockingbird if she's actually in it, especially considering she was on AoS and Feige might want to do something completely different.
    Yeah well aim not sure about the father figure thing hahaha. But it seems they are very much content with them just being BFF's at this stage.

About Mockingbird: I'm not quit sure how "canon" agents of shield is but I know Bobbi was like the one thing fans and detractors of the show constantly bring up as a highlight and the actress seems to have enjoyed the experience so who knows? Might be good.
    If you have an idea for the role of a shield agent in the show you might as well throw Bobbi in there. There's no harm to that since I doubt Disney is saving her up for bigger things.

My Twitter

Clint showed up in Black Widow #3 (as we already knew he was gonna) but also in some form in Captain Marvel #23.

My Twitter

That Captain Marvel issue! I was not expecting to actually see him in the book in any form. My heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    That Captain Marvel issue! I was not expecting to actually see him in the book in any form. My heart!
    Neither was I but to quote Papa Sheev Palps "A surprise to be sure but a welcome one."

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Clint showed up in Black Widow #3 (as we already knew he was gonna) but also in some form in Captain Marvel #23.
    Had already planned on picking up BW but good to know about Captain Marvel. I'll have a looksee when I get to my LCS

I think Kelly Thompson likes Clint, so that probably helps .

I think she also mentioned on Twitter that Clint would appear in all issues of the first arc, so while he's not appearing anywhere else lately at least we can count on him being in this book.