Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I don't really think you have to put the ending of a comic that ended many years ago in a spoiler tag by the by
    I always have to be careful in case there are people who have not read it

Anyway, this is pretty random but I was watching the Endgame cast singing the MCU version of 'We Didn't Start The Fire' again yesterday and I was happy that they had Renner/Hawkeye sing the parts about him and 'Black Widow, Russian spy'. It's these little things that make my heart smile.

I wanted to read Thompson's BW (2020) but they are still not available at Marvel Unlimited. Guess I have to wait till it is completed before I can.

Edit: I changed my avatar into one of my fav shots of Clintasha in the comics (Sorry Bucky :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I always have to be careful in case there are people who have not read it

Anyway, this is pretty random but I was watching the Endgame cast singing the MCU version of 'We Didn't Start The Fire' again yesterday and I was happy that they had Renner/Hawkeye sing the parts about him and 'Black Widow, Russian spy'. It's these little things that make my heart smile.

I wanted to read Thompson's BW (2020) but they are still not available at Marvel Unlimited. Guess I have to wait till it is completed before I can.

Edit: I changed my avatar into one of my fav shots of Clintasha in the comics (Sorry Bucky :P)
    You won't have to wait until Thompson's run is completed to read it, just a few months. New issues tend to show up on MU 6 months after their release, though I think they've been adding them a little sooner lately. This month was issue #3, so the first issues should appear in 3 more months (or less)

Also I very much approve of this icon change! Clintasha is my absolute favourite couple, so the new picture makes me very happy!

Mighty Member

I am gonna to be disapointed if he did not make any appearance in the upcoming "KiB" event.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Had already planned on picking up BW but good to know about Captain Marvel. I'll have a looksee when I get to my LCS
    it's only the second issue of the latest arc and mostly related to the "Captain Marvel The End" oneshot so I figured it was a good jumping on point. Also: a future Barton is part of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Kelly Thompson likes Clint, so that probably helps .
    Yeah I too get that feeling. No complaints there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
    I think she also mentioned on Twitter that Clint would appear in all issues of the first arc, so while he's not appearing anywhere else lately at least we can count on him being in this book.
    Very curious how long that will last but I'll take it as long as I can get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I am gonna to be disapointed if he did not make any appearance in the upcoming "KiB" event.
    Tbh I know nothing about that event as of yet. I trust y'all to notify the rest of us when he shows up there haha.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

You won't have to wait until Thompson's run is completed to read it, just a few months. New issues tend to show up on MU 6 months after their release, though I think they've been adding them a little sooner lately. This month was issue #3, so the first issues should appear in 3 more months (or less)

Also I very much approve of this icon change! Clintasha is my absolute favourite couple, so the new picture makes me very happy!
    Icic.

The funny thing is that I ship Clintasha when I watched Avengers (2012) during the time it was released but I was only officially on board the Clintasha train early this year. The upside is that I have a huge pool of fics to read from

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Excuse my noob self but what is 'KiB'?

Astonishing Member

Excuse my noob self but what is 'KiB'?
    "King In Black", the next big company-wide crossover event, with Knull, the king of the symbiotes, invading Earth. There will be the main, 5 issue KING IN BLACK miniseries, as well as at least a dozen tie-in miniseries and one-shots that have been announced thus far, as well as tie-in issues of various ongoing titles.

Icic.

The funny thing is that I ship Clintasha when I watched Avengers (2012) during the time it was released but I was only officially on board the Clintasha train early this year. The upside is that I have a huge pool of fics to read from
    Oh hey, pretty sure sneak has written quite a few of them over the years.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

That I have! Many fics in several different universes including both MCU and 616. I just really love their dynamic in every universe (except the one that shall not be named). And there are just so many great fanfics out there for them! and fanart. Some absolutely gorgeous fanart!

Speaking of art, I quite liked the style Clint was drawn in in Captain Marvel this week, and I've been singing Elena Casagrande's praises for months. At least we get a pretty Clint while we wait for something new for him. I'm hoping for a team book myself. Solos are nice and all but I think Clint could benefit from being on a proper Avengers team again.

Speaking of art, I quite liked the style Clint was drawn in in Captain Marvel this week, and I've been singing Elena Casagrande's praises for months. At least we get a pretty Clint while we wait for something new for him. I'm hoping for a team book myself. Solos are nice and all but I think Clint could benefit from being on a proper Avengers team again.
    If he's on The Avengers again, I hope he dresses the part (although I doubt he will).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If he's on The Avengers again, I hope he dresses the part (although I doubt he will).
    Introducing Secret Secret Avengers where they are Undercover the whole time and everything that's more out-there than blue jeans and a hoodie is prohibited.

Also Clint only gets a blow pipe.

Jokes aside I do kind of hope we follow up Clint's status quo after Freefall. I get why we aren't doing it in the widow book but for a team book I'd like to see some repercussions from it.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 11-08-2020 at 06:22 PM.

My Twitter

Mighty Member

Solos are nice and all but I think Clint could benefit from being on a proper Avengers team again.
    This explains why Jason's Avengers run was so terrible and cheesy because of the stuff he put and the roster grew to be very bland and uninteresting.

I finally got around to our boi's first appearance in the comics (Tales of Suspense #57) and it's interesting that the writers originally hyped him as Iron Man's villain but it was only a brief stint (3 issues) and it was an accidental one (Clint stopped a robbery but was instead mistaken as the robber's accomplice and he was then recruited by Black Widow). It is great that the writers did not depict Clint as a bumbling and incompetent person despite him being ordinary and relying on weapons as his 'power'. That is what I seem to notice with the comic book writers. They all seem to share a soft spot for Clint and consistently portray him in a positive and heroic light. Clint is not seen as a joke and a one-hit wonder.

I checked my Clintasha bookmarks and found out that I saved one from sneak. It's the Breakfast Club AU fic.

That I have! Many fics in several different universes including both MCU and 616. I just really love their dynamic in every universe (except the one that shall not be named). And there are just so many great fanfics out there for them! and fanart. Some absolutely gorgeous fanart!

That's so cool! I want to write some of my own Clintasha and WinterHawk ones too! But I just lack the time and knowledge (because I'm a relatively new fan).

Jokes aside I do kind of hope we follow up Clint's status quo after Freefall. I get why we aren't doing it in the widow book but for a team book I'd like to see some repercussions from it.
    I can't imagine we won't. Maybe that's just the eternal optimist in me. Just feels like Freefall was so well received that Marvel would be amiss to not follow up on it somehow.

I finally got around to our boi's first appearance in the comics (Tales of Suspense #57) and it's interesting that the writers originally hyped him as Iron Man's villain but it was only a brief stint (3 issues) and it was an accidental one (Clint stopped a robbery but was instead mistaken as the robber's accomplice and he was then recruited by Black Widow). It is great that the writers did not depict Clint as a bumbling and incompetent person despite him being ordinary and relying on weapons as his 'power'. That is what I seem to notice with the comic book writers. They all seem to share a soft spot for Clint and consistently portray him in a positive and heroic light. Clint is not seen as a joke and a one-hit wonder.

I checked my Clintasha bookmarks and found out that I saved one from sneak. It's the Breakfast Club AU fic.

That's so cool! I want to write some of my own Clintasha and WinterHawk ones too! But I just lack the time and knowledge (because I'm a relatively new fan).
    Aww yay! I hope you enjoy it! That one was really fun to write. And you should definitely write your own stuff! You could always start with AUs, as you don't need as much knowledge to riff on the characters with something else, or you could always do MCU or cartoon verse stuff until you're more comfortable. Ultimately though, fics are for fun and don't have to be 100% accurate, so just go for it!

I really enjoyed Clint's introduction, and I agree with how he's depicted. He starts off mostly just wanting fame and adoration, but while he bungled it it wasn't in a "he's so stupid" kind of way, it was just bad timing and a big misunderstanding. Then he falls for this mysterious woman and lets her lead him astray, but it doesn't change his nature so it doesn't last long. He still wants to be a hero, and he's cocky and determined enough to make it happen despite not having any powers. I love that about him.

As for Freefall I have no idea what will happen there. It should be followed up as it should have a huge impact on Clint going forward, but I feel like that plot may fall between the cracks with COVID messing things up. It's something that might only get addressed if Clint gets another solo, but hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised. I may not have liked the plot of Freefall as a whole nor how Clint was depicted in it, but I would still like to see a resolution for how it ended.

Yeah I love his introduction and team up with Nat.
    While still weird and very "from it's time" I vastly prefer it to his first Comic with Bobbi later which felt very "Hello, yes I'm Love Interest-bir....I mean Mockingbird"

Nothing against Bobbi, I just don't much like her origin story haha.

Oh I haven't actually read any of them. I'm not much of a shipper/romance focused person myself nor a fan fiction reader I'm afraid.

That is unless you count New Avengers Breakout, which is a book I grabbed once.
    It's kinda weird in the way that it is a hybrid between a Storyline from Bendis New Avengers run merged with a very MCU-ish version of both Nat and Clint.
    It very definitely felt like an officially licensed fanfic.

On one hand it's much easier to do this with Clint than say Iron Man or Thor because he only had a handful of solos and was usually a constant in his team books but on the other you really don't have to read everything to come up with a story. Not even Comic Book Writers do.
    Gail Simone fairly recently tweeted that the big two don't really have an archive of their own anymore because the fan wikis have everything the writers end editors need and more.
    So not even writers will go back and read through every comic for every book they get to write.
    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I can't imagine we won't. Maybe that's just the eternal optimist in me. Just feels like Freefall was so well received that Marvel would be amiss to not follow up on it somehow.
    I mean stories fall between the cracks all the time.
    With Clint I remember how he met with Carol at the end of CW2 telling her about some plan or something aaaaand then we got Occupy Avengers that quickly ended during Secret Empire.

I somehow doubt "Yo I'm gonna go on a roadtrip, wanna come too?" was the message we weren't allowed to see
    Last edited by Matternativ; 11-09-2020 at 07:18 AM.

My Twitter