Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152 LastLast

Ugh, it's Hawkeye
    I guess Jessica doesn't like him for some reason.

Isn't he meant to be on the run after Freefall anyway?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Yeah it's weird.
    Sure they broke up but we're on friendly terms afterwards.
    Then she was pissed he killed Bruce but he was still shown hanging out with her after the fact.
    In fact he was probably one of the nicer guests among her rooftop party incident.

To be fair: Jess is spoilers:
    under the effect of something that makes her be basically constantly angry in her solo.
    But everyone was acting like a dick on those pages.
    I kinda have a hunch that she projects her mood onto others via her pheromones or something
    end of spoilers
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Yeah it's weird.
    Sure they broke up but we're on friendly terms afterwards.
    Then she was pissed he killed Bruce but he was still shown hanging out with her after the fact.
    In fact he was probably one of the nicer guests among her rooftop party incident.

To be fair: Jess is spoilers:
    under the effect of something that makes her be basically constantly angry in her solo.
    But everyone was acting like a dick on those pages.
    I kinda have a hunch that she projects her mood onto others via her pheromones or something
    end of spoilers
    You know how, like, in the first year after a breakup, sometimes you'll try to be friends with your ex because you think that's what you're supposed to do, but then after a while you lose touch with them and you start to think critically about the relationship and the bad times overshadow the good ones? I feel like that's Jess with Clint. Not only did he cheat on her, but he also killed Bruce (and she's never hashed it out with him about that). Maybe now with a little more distance, she has a little less patience for him.

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    You know how, like, in the first year after a breakup, sometimes you'll try to be friends with your ex because you think that's what you're supposed to do, but then after a while you lose touch with them and you start to think critically about the relationship and the bad times overshadow the good ones? I feel like that's Jess with Clint. Not only did he cheat on her, but he also killed Bruce (and she's never hashed it out with him about that). Maybe now with a little more distance, she has a little less patience for him.
    Well on one hand: Maybe.
    On the other hand: They still <all> act a lil off imo.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

I think its more a matter of ongoing issues with Jessica in her solo book that are affecting her emotions. If Jessica were her normal self right now, I think she'd be fine with Clint. But in her present constantly-angry state, her anger over the issues that caused their break up (which normally she's put behind her) are coming to the surface. Carol even comments on-panel on the fact that Jessica is normally fine with Clint despite the break up.

It'll be interesting to see what impact that this has if they continue to interact throughout the issue, or if the impending attack distracts them from it.

Looks like we'll be seeing Clint again sooner than expected. He's in the preview for spoilers:
    Spider-Woman #7:

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/12/17/ex...pider-woman-7/
    end of spoilers
    At least Clint hasn't made out with/slept with Carol...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yet.

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

My Twitter

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Agreed. Will always prefer the original costume, but this series was a wonderful reading experience...
    Can't wait when I reach this series! I had no idea that they somewhat made Hawkeye into a drifter

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I remember that in issue #3 of Kot's and Walsh's Secret Avengers where she went 'even him?' in disbelief at Clint when the key characters were gathered so I guess her hostility towards him has been a recurring thing for a long time. Unrelated but it's bizarre how Clint went from a serious and reliable stand-up guy in the Silver/Bronze Age of comics to a snarky goofball who sometimes serve as a plucky comic relief in the modern era.

I know Clint is somewhat the James Bond of the Marvel universe but please I don't want this to EVER happen. I'd have nightmares if they end up becoming an actual couple.

Astonishing Member

I think that Felicia Hardy would be the perfect match for Clint....

Last edited by Darthfury78; 12-19-2020 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I remember that in issue #3 of Kot's and Walsh's Secret Avengers where she went 'even him?' in disbelief at Clint when the key characters were gathered so I guess her hostility towards him has been a recurring thing for a long time. Unrelated but it's bizarre how Clint went from a serious and reliable stand-up guy in the Silver/Bronze Age of comics to a snarky goofball who sometimes serve as a plucky comic relief in the modern era.
    Guess you can thank Fraction for that.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Quartz Diamond View Post
    I know Clint is somewhat the James Bond of the Marvel universe but please I don't want this to EVER happen. I'd have nightmares if they end up becoming an actual couple.
    Isn't that Dominic Fortune? Or Tony?
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Guess you can thank Fraction for that.
    Yep.

Okay so Clint's role in Spider-woman #7 was just being
    A) There
    B) Insufferable
    C) The Butt of unfunny jokes

spoilers:
    but apparently the thing with the night nurse ain't over yet afterall
    end of spoilers

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I think that Felicia Hardy would be the perfect match for Clint....

As long as we forget about that Hawkeye/Deadpool mini...
    A) There
    B) Insufferable

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Sounds, unfortunately, like the same ol' same ol' with modern Hawkeye.

As long as we forget about that Hawkeye/Deadpool mini...

Sounds, unfortunately, like the same ol' same ol' with modern Hawkeye.
    Yeah I just must have hoped that, love it or hate it, Rosenberg's work would put more of a dent in this characterisation.
    All this issue took from Freefall was that he slept with the Night Nurse.

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

A) There
    B) Insufferable

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I wish that Peter Parker was in the pages of Spider-Woman #7 because he would make a huge contribution to the story. Hawkeye should be in the pages of Black Cat as there might be a few interesting stories that might come out of it.