Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Just got Fraction & Ajas run on Hawekeye. I read it when it first came out and am looking forward to the reread.
    What do you guys think to it?
    A genuinely great, heartfelt and fun book that should have never been used as the groundwork for 80% of the following years of Hawkeye content.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Just got Fraction & Ajas run on Hawekeye. I read it when it first came out and am looking forward to the reread.
    What do you guys think to it?
    Great reading.

Definitely deserves a Complete Collection.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd love it if they officially retconned "Hawkguy" into an act Clint puts up to drive people away or just not be in the spotlight anymore.
    I guess that would explain Clint not wearing his classic outfit, since Marvel doesn't seem to like it:

I kinda miss Hawkeye the firebrand though. I mean, he's grown out of that guy, but I miss the attitude and the swagger.
    Agreed. Sadly, that "showman" aspect of Clint's character has been lost during the intervening years.

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-31-2020 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Yeah, but remember, spoilers:
    the second Ronin doesn't have to be someone who looks like Clint, it just has to be someone who moves like him. Since Ronin is covered from head to toe. That's why I think it's someone like Maya or Taskmaster.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    spoilers:
    It has to be a man, too, of similar build than him. At least his height, and Clint is a tall man.

My working theory so far is that Clint got so obsessed about the Hood in the first iteration that he lost his girlfriend, his friends, probably some other people in the process, because a chain of bad choices, and decided to screw it all and time travel back (let's call this Clint "Fedup, kinda edgy and ansgty Clint"). Now, because Ronin is there, and Ronin is a distraction, Clint isn't going to obsess so much about the Hood and his attention is going to be divided between the mystery of Ronin and his "crusade" against Robbins's business.

It wouldn't be the first, or the second, time that Clint gets involved in time-travel shenanigans. I would be open to this being the case (but I also love that sort of stories).

That way, we could have true-current-Marvel616-Clint and edgemaster-depressive-MCU-Clint for a while. Because synergy or whatever.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Barney.........
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    spoilers:
    Barney.........
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Isn't he taller and, as the last time he appeared, bigger than Clint? But at least he know how Clint fights, I guess.
    end of spoilers

(And are we going to keep using spoilers for the rest of the weekend? Or can we talk freely already?)

spoilers:
    Isn't he taller and, as the last time he appeared, bigger than Clint? But at least he know how Clint fights, I guess.
    end of spoilers

(And are we going to keep using spoilers for the rest of the weekend? Or can we talk freely already?)
    spoilers:
    "Bigger" is one way to out it. That fellow went chonky last time we saw him. They have the exact same height according to their profiles on fandom.com tho.
    end of spoilers

Well I dunno. At some point someone will start writing without spoilers on and everyone else will just start doing it too

We did wait a couple of days though so we might as well stop with the tags.
    Everyone who hasn't read it yet and hates getting the issue spoiled will probably avoid this thread.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    spoilers:
    "Bigger" is one way to out it. That fellow went chonky last time we saw him. They have the exact same height according to their profiles on fandom.com tho.
    end of spoilers

Well I dunno. At some point someone will start writing without spoilers on and everyone else will just start doing it too

We did wait a couple of days though so we might as well stop with the tags.
    Everyone who hasn't read it yet and hates getting the issue spoiled will probably avoid this thread.
    Oh. Mmm, in that case, it could be him :3.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I guess that would explain Clint not wearing his classic outfit, since Marvel doesn't seem to like it:

Agreed. Sadly, that "showman" aspect of Clint's character has been lost during the intervening years.

Meanwhile Green Arrow still wears his original costume....ON TV WITH NO SHAME.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

A genuinely great, heartfelt and fun book that should have never been used as the groundwork for 80% of the following years of Hawkeye content.
    Agree, #3 issues in and enjoying it just as much as I did when I first read it.
    I do agree that the characterisation was over-relied on afterwards...it should have been left to this title alone.

I like to just think of it as a indie, Elseworlds, take on Hawkeye and call it a day.

Agree, #3 issues in and enjoying it just as much as I did when I first read it.
    I do agree that the characterisation was over-relied on afterwards...it should have been left to this title alone.
    I mean Secret Avengers at that time also took a similar approach but it put a twist on it so it gets a pass, haha.

I like to just think of it as a indie, Elseworlds, take on Hawkeye and call it a day.
    I know you do

My Twitter

Clint takes a jab at Stingray who got turned into fish food.
    Best boy Human Bomb is put in a coma.

Good issue, but these injustices prevent it from being a great issue

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Ran The Aluminum Foot View Post
    Clint takes a jab at Stingray who got turned into fish food.
    Best boy Human Bomb is put in a coma.

Good issue, but these injustices prevent it from being a great issue
    Stingray survived that incident with Namor, just fyi. Not that it makes it that much better for Clint to have been picking on him, of course. However, given that Clint also has not been an active roster member since before that incident, its entirely possible that he isn't aware of it. Its not like Clint and Walt were ever close friends that someone would call him up to let him know.

Taking the spoiler tags out:

It has to be a man, too, of similar build than him. At least his height, and Clint is a tall man.
    Everyone thought that Maya was a man when she was Ronin, so I assume she used some sort of padding. She and Clint used the same exact costume back in the day, not just similar designs, so somehow it had to work for both of them. I'm not sure how they'd get the height to work, though. Platform boots?

My working theory so far is that Clint got so obsessed about the Hood in the first iteration that he lost his girlfriend, his friends, probably some other people in the process, because a chain of bad choices, and decided to screw it all and time travel back (let's call this Clint "Fedup, kinda edgy and ansgty Clint"). Now, because Ronin is there, and Ronin is a distraction, Clint isn't going to obsess so much about the Hood and his attention is going to be divided between the mystery of Ronin and his "crusade" against Robbins's business.

It wouldn't be the first, or the second, time that Clint gets involved in time-travel shenanigans. I would be open to this being the case (but I also love that sort of stories).
    This is a cool theory and would make a good story, but it doesn't feel like Clint's style. His experience with time travel is more "let's go on adventures and see what the past was like" rather than trying to fix the timeline. Also, his friends being disappointed in him and his girlfriend breaking up with him for justifiable reasons isn't even in the top ten of the worst things that have happened to Clint, so I feel like he'd need a stronger justification. Unless a time traveler just popped up in front of him and made the offer, and Clint said yes on an impulse. I guess that's not so out of character.

Thing is: Why would someone with that ability move exactly like Clint does? He clearly doesn't like that he's been found out so if we assume they are his allies it would not make sense for them. If they are not his allies and they do it in purpose to frame him that's a different story but I dunno. That feels strange
    You have a point there, but maybe it's more important to make sure that the two Ronins move the same way so no one knows there's two of them, and they hoped that no one would suspect Clint because of his public alibis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OOTCS View Post
    Everyone thought that Maya was a man when she was Ronin, so I assume she used some sort of padding. She and Clint used the same exact costume back in the day, not just similar designs, so somehow it had to work for both of them. I'm not sure how they'd get the height to work, though. Platform boots?
    Yeah, the idea that it has to be a man doesn't really fly. As you noted, Echo posed as a man when she was Ronin, and we also had a female Citizen V who posed as a male for several issues. So there is definitely precedent.

Platform boots do seem the most likely explanation. Given Clint's history was Goliath I suppose subtle size changing is not out of the question, but the boots are more likely.